capture clip for bags


boudou701

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 13:20
Hello,
anyone tried these? https://www.camforpro.com/peak-design-capture-clip-v2/?gclid=CjwKEAiA58a1BRDw6Ja...

i am tempted as it looks like a good way to carry the camera without having the long strap, and without having to put it back in the bag each time.
thx
KX film, ME Super, K-S2
Pentax 10-17mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 17-50mm, Pentax 55-300mm
Sigma 20mm f1.8, Sigma 24mm f2.8, Sigma 30mm f1.4, Pentax A 50mm f1.7, Pentax K 55mm f1.8
Metz 36 AF-4
--> borrow or rent Photography equipment from people around you on Needy Monkey - link

Gwyn

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 13:39
There was a thread a while ago about them. link

I thought about them as I say in that thread, but someone advised against them at the time as they wre vry new. Now they are more established and more people use them. I am still happy with my choice thugh as I tend not to lug a bag too often nowadays.

kea828

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 18:58
Hi.
I have one of these and it is very good when I can. I use the Peak Design two-part wrist strap with it so it is always attached to me somehow.

The only problem I have is that it isn't deep enough (screw length) to fit the rucksacks that I use regularly. I suppose I could look for some longer screws or ask Peak Design if they could offer some longer ones. The screws have wide tops with knurled edges to enable them to be tightened by hand.

If you get a chance, try one out on the bags / straps you are likely to be using.
Regards,
Kea828

davem

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 19:50
is there a uk retailer?

Gwyn

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 20:09
davem wrote:
is there a uk retailer?

Amazon have them as do Camera centre

SteveF

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 20:30
I have used one of these successfully, both on a belt and on a rucksack strap (Lowepro) . The suppliers are listed on Peak Design's website. Mine came from Morris Photo in Chipping Norton.

davem

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 21:50
Gwyn wrote:
davem wrote:
is there a uk retailer?

Amazon have them as do Camera centre

Thanks Gwyn.

As aprt of my recent 3LT draw I got a Peak Design Slide Summit Edition Tallac which seems to be an excellent multifunction strap

jeallen01

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 22:13
SteveF wrote:
I have used one of these successfully, both on a belt and on a rucksack strap (Lowepro) . The suppliers are listed on Peak Design's website. Mine came from Morris Photo in Chipping Norton.

Has not Morris Photo ceased trading?
(I knew Tony Morris and his older brother, who later bought some of my Mum's land to build a house next door to hers, when I was at school, so I kinda followed the family, at school and afterwards)

OTOH, there are probably other suppliers.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

SteveF

Link Posted 04/02/2016 - 21:51
"Has not Morris Photo ceased trading?"

I wasn't aware that it had, but it seems they ceased trading in June 2014 - I must have had my Capture Clip for longer than I remembered!

kea828

Link Posted 22/02/2016 - 19:33
kea828 wrote:
Hi.
I have one of these and it is very good when I can. I use the Peak Design two-part wrist strap with it so it is always attached to me somehow.

The only problem I have is that it isn't deep enough (screw length) to fit the rucksacks that I use regularly. I suppose I could look for some longer screws or ask Peak Design if they could offer some longer ones. The screws have wide tops with knurled edges to enable them to be tightened by hand.

If you get a chance, try one out on the bags / straps you are likely to be using.

I've just found that PeakDesign actually offer a set of longer screws.
Regards,
Kea828

kea828

Link Posted 23/02/2016 - 01:09
kea828 wrote:
kea828 wrote:
Hi.
I have one of these and it is very good when I can. I use the Peak Design two-part wrist strap with it so it is always attached to me somehow.

The only problem I have is that it isn't deep enough (screw length) to fit the rucksacks that I use regularly. I suppose I could look for some longer screws or ask Peak Design if they could offer some longer ones. The screws have wide tops with knurled edges to enable them to be tightened by hand.

If you get a chance, try one out on the bags / straps you are likely to be using.

I've just found that PeakDesign actually offer a set of longer screws.

A UK site link.
Regards,
Kea828
Last Edited by kea828 on 23/02/2016 - 01:11
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.