HowardJ

Joined: 27th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

HowardJ
Stuey wrote:
Well done Howard

Perhaps cropping it into a letterbox type view could help - of course this is subjective
Thanks Stuey, hope you got over your "bug" OK. How's the job hunt going?.

I'll have a go at turning into a letterbox to see what it's like.

Cheers,

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Of Interest? at 25/01/2014 - 20:59

HowardJ
It seems as if my question has been answered


Gwyn wrote:
For some reason I can't see any of the photos, only the text .

The only ships I've photographed recently were my son's sailing ship, and the Hurtigruten ships and the other ships seen on those voyages.
Sorry you can't see the photos Gwyn, I don't understand why. I tried as a guest and saw them OK, I did wonder if it was because you are not in the UK but my son whose in Malta has seen them. So, sorry, I've no idea.

This is the image - Isle of Inishmore leaving Holyhead and turning for Dublin with the Skerries lighthouse in the background.

Comment Image


K5 + Sigma 150-500

Cheers,

Howard


Comment by HowardJ posted on Of Interest? at 23/01/2014 - 12:39

HowardJ
The attached link may be of interest to someone, I say "may be" as I have not seen images of ships anywhere on the forum for a long time(someone will no doubt correct me).

link

Scroll down a bit for details of the ship and when taken.

Taken with K5 + Sigma 150-500, from Penrhos Beach, Holyhead. I submitted it to the blog to see what would happen, lo and behold the owner and writer liked it and put it as his front page. I gave him others but they have not been used.

Any comments and suggestions for future improvements would be welcome.

Ta,

Howard Jones

Comment by HowardJ posted on Of Interest? at 22/01/2014 - 12:31

HowardJ
Hi Stuey,

Here you are, it's on Sky unfortunately

link

Will Saturday's beer be in celebration or drowning of sorrows?

Glad you are feeling better.

Cheers,

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Another pointless thread at 06/11/2013 - 21:01

HowardJ
fizzyvimto wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know of any photographic courses which run in the evening in Cheshire? I'm interested in starting one to get better at photography.

Thanks
Try this -

link


but hurry, if it suits, it started last Thursday.

Also try South Cheshire College in Crewe (I think).


Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Photographic courses in Cheshire... at 08/09/2013 - 12:32

HowardJ
Another one for you

http://www.walesinstyle.com/things_to_do/pembrokeshire/st_govans_chapel.aspx

this is truly a "gem". However be careful some of the rocks can be slippy, my wife fell here and hurt her back.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Must not Miss at 21/08/2013 - 18:39

HowardJ
How about -

Pembroke Castle and town
St David's Cathedral
Pembroke national park
The coastal walks (especially if you can't "stay put")

The "VisitPembroke" web site (sorry I haven't got the link) could give you other ideas.

Many years since we've been, it wsa very enjoyable and would not mind going again sometime.

Hope that helps,

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Must not Miss at 21/08/2013 - 17:48

HowardJ
tyronet2000 wrote:
Off to Criccieth on Sunday, wondering if it's worth taking a camera etc. Cornwall was so disappointing, will Wales be any better once the Rain God has arrived
David Lloyd George Museum at Llanystumdwy is worth a visit (in my opinion).
There's the castle at Cricieth and Harlech Castle is not far.
Porthmadog - Home of the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways.

and plenty of other places.

So yes you should take a camera. And rainwear!!!

Enjoy.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Another pointless thread at 01/08/2013 - 14:04

HowardJ
davidtrout wrote:
Great piece of family history recorded here Howard - you must be very proud.
David
Thank you, David, yes proud indeed.

Andrew (Gamka), I'm afraid I still haven't put all the medals together but here is a very poor (in fact b***dy awful) shot of the other medals to give you an idea. Included are the Atlantic Star, the Italy Star and the Africa Star, the last two for the convoys to Malta.

Comment Image


Cheers,

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Medal Presentation at 28/07/2013 - 14:25

HowardJ
Wow. I'm very touched by all the lovely comments. I'm sure my father would be if I told him, I don't know what his reaction would be if he knew that his photograph was on the internet (he thinks it's full of porn!!!!!).

Gamka wrote:
Having been on the route to Murmansk - in January, I know exactly the type of weather he would have encountered. But without the enemy warships looking for me!

A couple of former colleagues of mine have been presenting a few of the medals too.

Can we see a picture of the remaining medals, maybe with the Arctic Star sitting on the glass too!
I'll see what I can do about the other medals.

Thanks all.

Cheers,

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Medal Presentation at 26/07/2013 - 10:15

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo