Gajan

Joined: 17th September 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Gajan
Could have been taken from a different angle so that the trees are not distracting the chimneys?

My polite comment!

Best Regards,
Gajan

Comment by Gajan posted on Abandoned chimneys at 10/03/2014 - 11:01

Gajan
Superb shot!

Comment by Gajan posted on The Groyne Lighthouse South Shields at 10/03/2014 - 10:54

Gajan
No 1 for me as well!

Comment by Gajan posted on Today In The Peaks at 11/02/2014 - 11:36

Gajan
Great shots!

Comment by Gajan posted on Sigma 18-125 in london at 10/02/2014 - 13:34

Gajan
Thank you all for your creative comments.

Below are some with vertical adjustments and crops.

1. Vertical adjustment with some crop to the top and right
Comment Image


2. Vertical adjustment with cropping out the skaters and much of modern building
Comment Image


3. Vertical adjustment with just the museum building
Comment Image


I know the vertical adjustment is not perfect, but doing so chops the roof of the building (as McGregNi pointed out) which I am not happy with.

Best Regards,
Gajan

Comment by Gajan posted on Natural History Museum and Ice Rink at 28/12/2013 - 15:22

Gajan
David and Ralph, thank you very much for your comments. I agree what you both have pointed out and I will try to improve on compositing or framing of the subjects.

Here I felt that the majestic museum building to be the main subject as well as being a backdrop to the modern and jubilant subjects in the foreground .

Best Regards,
Gajan

Comment by Gajan posted on Natural History Museum and Ice Rink at 27/12/2013 - 20:29

Gajan
Nice ones! My favourites the second and the fifth!

Comment by Gajan posted on Boxing Day at York at 27/12/2013 - 20:26

Gajan
This is my first photo which I am sharing on this forum. I was out last week toying with my new K5 and 18 -135 WR lens, it was an overcast day with some sunny spells. It was taken with Manual Exposure, ISO 400, 1/125sec and F8 and then performed some post processing.

Any C&C would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Gajan

Comment Image

Comment by Gajan posted on Natural History Museum and Ice Rink at 27/12/2013 - 17:24

Gajan
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

May the new year bring bright and colourful memories to everyone as we leave another fantastic year!

Best Regards,

Gajan

Comment by Gajan posted on Merry Christmas and Wonderful New Year! at 25/12/2013 - 17:33

Gajan
Great shots!

Comment by Gajan posted on Birds & beasts at 23/12/2013 - 10:32

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo