ElRazur

Joined: 11th August 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ElRazur
I was reading Scott Kelby's book and on the section for Portraits, he advised using a "rear sync" function in the flash setting to capture more background. (His example was for canon and nikon)

I am not sure this function is available on a Pentax Kx or is it called something else? I am not sure this function is available on the Af360 flash gun either.

Can anyone shed further lights? Thanks.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Quick Question. Rear Sync on Pentax Kx at 25/09/2010 - 19:58

ElRazur
Thanks guys, just to report back I have opted to charging the batteries twice as opposed to the first time it shows the green lights when charged, and it appears to last longer. So all in all, it appears the I need a very good intelligent charger and not a timer based charger.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Contemplating on returning the Kx due to battery issues. at 25/09/2010 - 19:20

ElRazur
Thanks. Should pick one up over the weekend.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Pentax SMC Fa 80-320 fits a Kx? at 15/09/2010 - 18:49

ElRazur
Anyone know if the Pentax SMC Fa 80-320 will fit the Kx? Also will feature like auto focus work etc?

Comment by ElRazur posted on Pentax SMC Fa 80-320 fits a Kx? at 15/09/2010 - 18:10

ElRazur
Yes I have updated the firmware, it was the first thing I did. My other observation is that the included batteries (Energizer) last longer than the ones I bought. So on that note, may be I need to get myself an intelligent timer as stated in the link I posted (Current one is timer based)

Comment by ElRazur posted on Contemplating on returning the Kx due to battery issues. at 14/09/2010 - 11:32

ElRazur
I have couple of low discharge battery brand, and for some weird reason the Kx will claim the battery is depleted after less than 50 shots or so. I have the eneloop and camelion brands. Software has been updated too. Is there anything else I can do or just return it?



A few number of people complaining about battery issues. . .

http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/2009/10/k-x-battery-notes.html

Comment by ElRazur posted on Contemplating on returning the Kx due to battery issues. at 13/09/2010 - 16:49

ElRazur
Thank you guys. I have taken on board your inputs, If I have further questions I shall be posting them here.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Pump me full of flash photogrpahy! at 28/08/2010 - 19:43

ElRazur
I just played around and what you guys mentioned is making more and more sense. One thing though, I have changed the AWB for Shade - Shooting indoors with minimal natural light. I currently have a flashgun attached to the camera, is there a need to increase the iso? I am currently shooting using 200, will this about okay or I need to shoot at 400? Thanks.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Manual mode on Kx. at 28/08/2010 - 16:07

ElRazur
In my manual mode on my Kx, It do not have control over the EV Value, unless I adjust the speed or appeture value. I thought Manual allows full control over the needed settings? I am a bit confused here, any one care to explain the basics please?

Comment by ElRazur posted on Manual mode on Kx. at 28/08/2010 - 15:56

ElRazur
Anvh wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="ElRazur"]

As for shooting modes, for the flash use P-TTL for now and set the camera in M mode.
.
Thanks man for your input.

Are you saying I should set the camera to Manual mode (and not the flash) right?

Comment by ElRazur posted on Pump me full of flash photogrpahy! at 28/08/2010 - 15:07

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo