Manual mode on Kx.

ElRazur

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 15:56
In my manual mode on my Kx, It do not have control over the EV Value, unless I adjust the speed or appeture value. I thought Manual allows full control over the needed settings? I am a bit confused here, any one care to explain the basics please?

Don

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 16:01
Program modes allow ev control...
manual does not if you want to over or under expose, you are in manual to use the aperture or shutter or iso settings to control the exposure, the camera will not "Auto" ajust anything for you...
you can however set up your "Auto Bracketing" feature in manual...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Last Edited by Don on 28/08/2010 - 16:01

Helpful

davex

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 16:02
The EV value, by which you mean exposure compensation is a way of tweaking non manual modes eg Aperture or shutter priorities. In fully manual you set the aperture and shutter (and iso) so there is no nead to "tweak" using exposure compensation.

Davex
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Helpful

ElRazur

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 16:07
I just played around and what you guys mentioned is making more and more sense. One thing though, I have changed the AWB for Shade - Shooting indoors with minimal natural light. I currently have a flashgun attached to the camera, is there a need to increase the iso? I am currently shooting using 200, will this about okay or I need to shoot at 400? Thanks.

davex

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 16:12
Not very knowledgeable about flash, but it seems to me that indoor with flash, set the WB to flash, if your using flash you should only need ISO 200,increase the flash if you can rather than the iso.

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Anvh

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 16:23
ElRazur wrote:
I just played around and what you guys mentioned is making more and more sense. One thing though, I have changed the AWB for Shade - Shooting indoors with minimal natural light. I currently have a flashgun attached to the camera, is there a need to increase the iso? I am currently shooting using 200, will this about okay or I need to shoot at 400? Thanks.

White Balance has nothing to do with the light intensity but the colours, if you're using the flash then I would leave the White Balance on Auto since the flash is around daylight colour and the AWB handles that very well.

For the flash use ISO200 if the flash needs to work too hard simply increase the ISO.
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.