ElRazur

Joined: 11th August 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ElRazur
What about the built in "diffuser"? You know that plastic thing that goes over the flash (and also the white paper)

By the way, how do I adjust the strength or power of the flash? What mode is best to shoot in on the Kx etc.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Pump me full of flash photogrpahy! at 28/08/2010 - 11:25

ElRazur
Thank you guys.

Galoot scared the jesus out of me with his initial comments lol.

I have to admit that it is a bit overwhelming at the moment, I just bought a kx with twin lens, photoshop elements and now the flash gun. There is so much to learn lol.

As per the flash, I just went through the manual and most of it is not making much sense to me at this point, I mean, what is pttl Having said that, the manual can do with a bit of more clarity. I guess this is where I get to pay for the mattmatics book lol (Any link to this actual book please)

So far I just bolted it on the camera and tried taking some portrait shots of my house hold and to be honest it looks pretty rubbish lol. Too harsh and looks kinda flat, so I welcome all tips.

I have been asked to help take some portraits picture of a friend, and I have agreed so as to see what I can do etc. Hence I am wondering if this single flash gun is okay for what I want to do? (Basically, high key type of portraits) I also have couple of "Bownes Espirit 250" and hardly use them, so do you guys think the Pentax flashgun should be okay to achieve result like some of those posted in this thread, if used alone?

Thanks and apologies for the long post lol.


PS
May post some more as I am playing with the camera and flash gun.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Pump me full of flash photogrpahy! at 28/08/2010 - 11:16

ElRazur
I just purchased the AF360FGZ, and am wondering what tips and what not can people give please? I know very little or nothing about flash photography, so please kindly educate me in the basics of it all. Thanks.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Pump me full of flash photogrpahy! at 27/08/2010 - 21:09

ElRazur
Thanks guys. I opted for the newer version of the Sanyo Eneloop at the end, I will post back to see how they fare.


@polchraine

I used them in my previous camera so may be age is a factor, had them for over a year or so now.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Which battery for Pentax Kx? at 24/08/2010 - 20:50

ElRazur
You want me to use the Ni-zn he mentioned in the link? ????

Comment by ElRazur posted on Which battery for Pentax Kx? at 24/08/2010 - 16:58

ElRazur
I currently have a set of Maplin 2000mah Nimh battery that I used once in my Kx and for some reason, appears to deplete quickly (Software updated by the way).

I have seen people recommend the Sanyo Eneloop, but this only rated at 2000mah (same as the maplins brand) is it really worth buying this as I have see a 2500mah rated ones at maplins and at a cheaper rate. What do you guys recommend please? Is there any other brand I may want to look at etc. Thanks.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Which battery for Pentax Kx? at 24/08/2010 - 16:11

ElRazur
davex wrote:
Think you are demonstrating a good eye for long exposures, getting the trails and contrasting with still elements. All you need to do now is concentrate on the elements, no dark or washed out skies for instance.
Good efforts.
davex.
How do I sort out the sky please? I am finding it hard to get a balanced shot that requires very little or not PP. Thanks.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Still playing with Shutter priority and focus. at 23/08/2010 - 15:39

ElRazur
DrOrloff wrote:
The first one's great, I'd straighten up a bit, but I really like it.

The second one is fine, but I wonder if there is more potential in the structure above the tube sign - do you have any different views?

The third one - straighten too and personally I'd like the bus larger in the scene.
I can swear to god that the image was straight on the viewfinder before it was taken. I have straighten it a bit, but it still looks off some how. I am guess this the "len distortion" coming into play?


The second image have an aeroplane-wing like structure, but I wasnt able to capture it all. My position is inside an arched walkway, If I move further back, I will capture some of the roof of the arched tunnel in the view finder.

Thanks though, I have taken your points on board.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Still playing with Shutter priority and focus. at 23/08/2010 - 15:38

ElRazur
I was up and about today trying and here are the result. C&C welcome.

(I am really enjoying my Kx. It is way better than my fujifilm s9600 lol)

[IMG]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1070/imgp0335b.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3928/imgp0341g.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us



[IMG]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1094/imgp0356.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


What are the things I can do better please? Thanks.

Comment by ElRazur posted on Still playing with Shutter priority and focus. at 22/08/2010 - 23:19

ElRazur
col55555ine wrote:
price little high got one on the e bay brand new £70 delivered
Is that still available?

Comment by ElRazur posted on Tamron AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Pentax at 21/08/2010 - 11:25

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo