Contemplating on returning the Kx due to battery issues.
Posted 13/09/2010 - 17:57
Link
Try it on Energizer Lithium's first. Eneloop's aren't very high capacity.
Search Ricehigh's Blog he's done some testing on batteries and chargers.
The problem could be your charger.
Search Ricehigh's Blog he's done some testing on batteries and chargers.
The problem could be your charger.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 13/09/2010 - 21:53
Link
Have you installed firmware v1.01 yet? The firmware should sort out the battery level indicator issues. You can download it from this site:
http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/Photo_Downloads.html
Someone from your attached blog had mentioned about the firmaware as well. Good luck!
http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/Photo_Downloads.html
Someone from your attached blog had mentioned about the firmaware as well. Good luck!
Leon
K-x, K100D, DAL 18-55, DAL 50-200mm, Tamron 70-300Di, SMC M28/2.8
K-x, K100D, DAL 18-55, DAL 50-200mm, Tamron 70-300Di, SMC M28/2.8
Posted 14/09/2010 - 11:32
Link
Yes I have updated the firmware, it was the first thing I did. My other observation is that the included batteries (Energizer) last longer than the ones I bought. So on that note, may be I need to get myself an intelligent timer as stated in the link I posted (Current one is timer based)
Posted 14/09/2010 - 14:44
Link
I use an Ansmann NiCd/NiMh charger for my Eneloops with no capacity issues, but I don't have your model camera.
The Ansmann unit charges each cell according to it's needs. Many 'timed' chargers charge in pairs, both at the same rate, which doesn't make much sense if you happened to put in one partially depleted, and one totally depleted battery.
The Ansmann unit charges each cell according to it's needs. Many 'timed' chargers charge in pairs, both at the same rate, which doesn't make much sense if you happened to put in one partially depleted, and one totally depleted battery.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 17/09/2010 - 11:29
Link
I cooked my first set of Eneloops with a time based charger - you will need a decent one that suits the charging needs of those batteries.
The Lithium AAs (disposable) that came with my Kx lasted over 800 shots.
My current Eneloops will do 400.
Anything less than that will likely be due to your charger (unless you use your onboard flash a lot).
The Lithium AAs (disposable) that came with my Kx lasted over 800 shots.
My current Eneloops will do 400.
Anything less than that will likely be due to your charger (unless you use your onboard flash a lot).
Posted 25/09/2010 - 19:20
Link
Thanks guys, just to report back I have opted to charging the batteries twice as opposed to the first time it shows the green lights when charged, and it appears to last longer. So all in all, it appears the I need a very good intelligent charger and not a timer based charger.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


48 posts
16 years
A few number of people complaining about battery issues. . .
http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/2009/10/k-x-battery-notes.html