davidruane

Joined: 13th November 2015

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

davidruane
Thank you everyone - unfortunately I`m no further forward

I have Lightroom classic 7.2.
Elements 13 (2015 download)
Photoshop 7.0
Camera RAW 12.1
DNG Converter 12.1

From what I`ve read, I shouldn`t be having any issues - but ......

I don`t understand why none of the three editing products aren`t seeing the PEF files.

I`m obviously doing something wrong here (no really)

I`ll keep trying and perhaps have a look at the elements 2020 trial version. If that works, then I guess an upgrade is called for.....

Many thanks

David

Comment by davidruane posted on Problems getting .PEF files opened in Adobe at 03/01/2020 - 13:43

davidruane
Thanks Chris,

I`ve got a stack of photos on both cards as .PEF. I guess I`ll convert them to .DNG and edit there.

I`ll then change the file format on the cards to make it just that little bit easier

Hopefully Pentax / Adobe will build the update and let me try the .PEF again.

David

Comment by davidruane posted on Problems getting .PEF files opened in Adobe at 02/01/2020 - 14:04

davidruane
Good day all,

I`ve recently purchased a k1 ii and currently trying to record photos etc on RAW format on both SD cards. (I can definitely record as .JPG).

Upon downloading to my computer, I can view the photos from Windows and also see the file data but I can`t get them opened on either Adobe PS, Elements 13 or Lightroom.

I`ve been through the forums and help desks for any of their ideas and tried the various options to no avail.

When I try to open the file, either directly from the camera or from Windows file explorer, I keep getting:

"Photoshop elements cannot open this file".

It then directs me to the various updates which I have done.

I can convert the file / folder to a DNG but there has to be another way. Can I not simply edit the recorded photos directly in .PEF?

Obviously any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
David

Comment by davidruane posted on Problems getting .PEF files opened in Adobe at 02/01/2020 - 13:49

davidruane
Have a great Christmas everyone. Hopefully, next year will be at least as good as this one was

Comment by davidruane posted on The Very Best at Christmas 2019 at 25/12/2019 - 11:31

davidruane
Welcome - its a good group

Comment by davidruane posted on Hi from Spain! at 09/12/2019 - 11:36

davidruane
And now I`ve just taken delivery of a K1-ii..... I held off hoping I`d get a decent deal over either the Pentax-Ricoh centenary or Black Friday... Nothing here on the centenary but thanks to a very persistent young salesman, I got a good deal on the camera...

What's next ?

Comment by davidruane posted on What's your latest acquisition? at 03/12/2019 - 13:43

davidruane
Lens received Mike - perfect

A real pleasure Sir


David

Comment by davidruane posted on FS: Pentax 18-135mm DC WR at 19/11/2019 - 15:33

davidruane
And if Magicman doesn`t take it, please let me know.

Thank you.

Comment by davidruane posted on Looking to buy Pentax K1 ( Mark 1) at 14/11/2019 - 12:29

davidruane
PM sent.

Comment by davidruane posted on FS: Pentax 18-135mm DC WR at 29/10/2019 - 16:14

davidruane
Thanks Peter,

I have three camera shops in Thessaloniki but only one sells Pentax - it shortens my options but I do take onboard your comments. I guess that although there are some price differences depending on locations, but maybe you are correct and I buy locally and avoid any hassle.

David

Comment by davidruane posted on A little help required at 27/10/2019 - 06:50

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo