davidruane

Joined: 13th November 2015

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

davidruane
At the moment - I have my eye on a FA 50 1.4, so I`ll check out any offers from here first before turning elsewhere.

Unless of course - I get an offer I can`t refuse

Comment by davidruane posted on I'm looking for a decent 50mm FF lens for my new K1 ii at 18/03/2020 - 15:37

davidruane
My thanks to all of you. This request of mine has brought more information and comments than I had a right to expect.

So now - I`ll find one

David

Comment by davidruane posted on I'm looking for a decent 50mm FF lens for my new K1 ii at 18/03/2020 - 09:48

davidruane
Good day all,

Perhaps a subjective question, but I`ve just bought my new K1 ii, but bought body only - intending initially to use the lenses I have for the older K50. (The k50 kit is now up for sale so my use of these lenses is now limited).

So, the time has now come for me to slowly move to get the benefits of the K1 FF but if I do set the camera for full frame, I obviously get the magic circle from the crop effect with the older lenses.

From what I have read, there are APS-C lenses out there that may do the job but would anyone have advice as to which way to go. Do I try the older lenses and crop the photos as necessary, or do I continue to look for a FF lens?

I`m thinking about 50mm and that closes a gap, but do I go for the prime type or maybe a telephoto?

As always, any help would be appreciated.

David

Comment by davidruane posted on I'm looking for a decent 50mm FF lens for my new K1 ii at 17/03/2020 - 07:54

davidruane
Greece has now banned groups of more than 500, cafe`s, restaraunts, schools are all closed for 14 days (for now). The borders closed last night.
Given that we`ve (only) had 4 deaths so far, this may be a little over the top, but I guess better that, than the alternatives.

We also have the potential for chaos if this gets onto the refugee camps - it doesn`t bear thinking about

Comment by davidruane posted on Camera Clubs and Coronavirus at 15/03/2020 - 09:57

davidruane
Following my purchase of a K1ii, I now have my older camera up for grabs:

Pentax K50 kit in white.

Kit comes complete with:

Pentax K50 DSLR in white
1 x 18-55mm lens - white
1 x 50-200mm lens - black
Both lenses have UV filters
Charger unit
2 x batteries (1 Pentax, 1 Braun)
Pentax strap
64Gb SANDISK SD card
Battery holder
USB cable
Pentax SilkyPix software
Manual is not in English although can be downloaded from Pentax-Ricoh site.

I`m looking for GBP 300 plus GBP 25 for postage within Europe.

Thanks for looking.

David

Comment Image

Comment by davidruane posted on Pentax K50 kit in white at 15/03/2020 - 09:49

davidruane
Weather is getting bad here in Greece too. Down to 16c

Comment by davidruane posted on Another pointless thread at 13/02/2020 - 14:23

davidruane
Sorry folks - this item has now gone.

Comment by davidruane posted on Pentax O-GPS1 unit for sale at 16/01/2020 - 19:41

davidruane
Following my recent purchase of the K1 ii, I no longer need this unit.

I bought it from a Forum member a couple of years ago.

Unit, box and paperwork for GBP100, plus GBP 5.00 for postage.

I`ve put it onto e-bay at GBP 105 earlier, so you even get it cheaper here


David.




Comment Image

Comment by davidruane posted on Pentax O-GPS1 unit for sale at 07/01/2020 - 14:16

davidruane
The saga continues:

DCU 5 installed and it works with .PEF.
Looks like Paul is correct and Camera Raw won`t work with the Elements 13 and the older versions of Lightroom and Photoshop I have

I`ve downloaded Elements 2020 as the trial version and so far it looks like its working - hopefully once I get the various plugins done, I`ll be good to go. If I can get all I need from that, then I`ll be happy... Pity I didn`t find out when I was being asked about Christmas pressies

I suppose I could save the cost and just use DNG to record on the SD cards, but that would take the fun out of it

Thank you all for your help - it really is appreciated

Comment by davidruane posted on Problems getting .PEF files opened in Adobe at 04/01/2020 - 11:48

davidruane
Hi John,

I`m running Windows 10 pro with 16Mb RAM.

Conversion is done with the Adobe DNG converter.

For some reason, no disc came with the new camera - although I`ll address that to the shop tomorrow. I`ve downloaded the DCU5 software and that works just fine, although now I`ll have to learn that one too

I`ll keep playing although I may have to invest in elements 2020 and take advantage of that one...

Many thanks

David

Comment by davidruane posted on Problems getting .PEF files opened in Adobe at 03/01/2020 - 20:54

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo