darlene

Joined: 19th July 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

darlene
O yes boys nothing to talk about , just darlene can make the ball roll.

Comment by darlene posted on Discussion Weekly Competition #186 Black & White Landscapes at 31/01/2011 - 16:12

darlene
Here is your place to discuss the weekly comp.

If anyone has a question please feel free to PM me.

Comment by darlene posted on Discussion weekly comp #185 Children at Work or Play. at 24/01/2011 - 05:10

darlene
Well, I am glad you guys are all taking care of me. Thanks JudithAnn for see my error

Comment by darlene posted on Entries Fortnightly Competition #59 - SNOW & COLD at 20/01/2011 - 14:39

darlene
First I would like to say thank you all for submitting a photo.

I see it was quite a challenge, but the faithful has come through the cold competition.
I will do my best, giving my honest opinion based on the knowledge I have thus far.(I am still learning:lol



Steve Everitt - Is that cold enough?
Thank you for your photo ,Yes it is cold enough!

I sent Steve a personal e-mail letting him know it was a great picture.
It could not be in the competition as the time & date was not within the alotted two week period.
Again Steve, thank you for the first picture.



JudithAnn - Inside my freezer.
Lots of detail in those ice cystal, with a specific depth of field.
You made yourself quite a challange having three winter blizzard, then using the freezer.
Thanks for your efforts in inspiring others.



DR. Orloff - The lunar surface at night -150:shockTHAT COVERS COLD!)
Wow, love the detailed surface. It does have its own stunning effect.
The shadow and light gave it an incredible cold and barren look. The photo was very soft however.

It was a creative take on the "Cold topic". (it was nice that anyone, anywhere could have done this too...summer or winter!:lol

I have yet to capture the moon...like that!





Sandinista - Frozen Peas
This is great ,love the depth of field. The peas are crips and clear capturung the frost in detail.They do look cold!
Maybe it would be better if the black space was all filled in with the peas, or you cropped it out.

Never the less I like the picture. Well done.



Aliengrove - Cold Valley
Love the angle of this photo!!The way it is looking down in the valley, with great depth of field. The eyes seeing the vastness of the great beyond.
It is a little washout in the center left side. But then again, you are up 32000 feet!
Great shades of blues, whites, and grays.
When the photo is enlarged, one can see the amazing details and it was even more fantastic! It was right on the topic, and what I was wanting.


GlynM - Frosty car

Hey this is great! Absolutely loved it.
It was a perfect choice to use B&W. I loved its clearity and that it had no distaction of colour. Shows the cold in its simple but true form.
Great angle! Great orginal idea!
Funny for us Canadians to see the wheel peeking out on the left side.
Wonderful piece of photography!!



Now the result;

First place: GlynM - Frosty car

Second place: Aliengrove - Cold Valley

Third place Sandinista - Frozen Peas

Commended:
Dr. Orloff
JudithAnn


Now over to you Aliengrove.

Comment by darlene posted on Entries Fortnightly Competition #59 - SNOW & COLD at 19/01/2011 - 21:56

darlene
Competition is closed.

Judging is underway.

Comment by darlene posted on Entries Fortnightly Competition #59 - SNOW & COLD at 19/01/2011 - 18:44

darlene
Thanks JudithAnn . I guess will see what the judge has to say about it. There is no photoshop in the picture just don't have that talent , but hey maybe just maybe there is some photo talent there.

Comment by darlene posted on Discussion weekly competition #184 Curves at 19/01/2011 - 18:04

darlene
Hi and welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard.

Comment by darlene posted on Just like to say hello at 13/01/2011 - 21:53

darlene
Hi and welcome to the forum, always great to have new members.

Comment by darlene posted on On a journey of discovery at 13/01/2011 - 21:50

darlene
Hi and welcome to the forum, great place to learn! You won't be disappointed. These guys known their stuff.

Comment by darlene posted on Hello fellow Pentax abusers at 13/01/2011 - 21:47

darlene
Yes, we can, absolutely no problem with me . I have made a statement changing the dates , where the picture are uploaded for the comp. Hopefully all will see it.

Comment by darlene posted on Discussion Fortnightly Competition # 59 - SNOW & COLD at 10/01/2011 - 22:08

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo