Daniel Bridge

Joined: 21st March 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Daniel Bridge
The pop-up flash on my K-5 died about 18 months after getting it (or at least, that's when I noticed, I rarely use it), luckily it was still under guarantee and I just sent it off for repair, needed a new 'board'.

Any guarantee with your purchase?

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on K5 pop-up flash not firing at 01/12/2013 - 22:10

Daniel Bridge
CMW wrote:
Same publisher or not, it appears to be a mixture of misrepresentation and/or plagiarism. If so, it's shoddy journalism.
That's what I thought.

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on K-3 glowing review at 25/11/2013 - 15:20

Daniel Bridge
You'd think magazines publishers are having a tough enough time of it, without producing two with rehashed articles between them.

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on K-3 glowing review at 25/11/2013 - 13:45

Daniel Bridge
Blythman wrote:
Daniel Bridge wrote:
If you've got the latest AP mag (saw it yesterday), have a look at the K-3 review in there, and then compare it to the What Digital Camera review (apparently by a different author) linked to by Jules, it makes very interesting reading.

Dan
And for those who haven't AP???????????
Well, there are big chunks of the reviews that are the same, word for word. It could be that they've just lifted bits from Pentax supplied literature, but as one of the phrases that are the same is: "This presumably is the same Sony sensor that is used in the Sony NEX-7 and Alpha 77, except the lower resolution accounts for Pentax's in-camera image stabilisation system.", I doubt it. Very odd...

Are AP and WDC from the same stable?

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on K-3 glowing review at 25/11/2013 - 12:14

Daniel Bridge
Bear in mind this review (the B&H Photo one) is on a camera shop's website. I doubt they'd be putting up one that said "The AF is a bit disappointing", it's hardly going to help sell the camera.

Anyway, is it just me, or are the first few photos on there suffering from a huge amount of colour fringing?

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on Another good review for the K-3 at 25/11/2013 - 01:06

Daniel Bridge
If you've got the latest AP mag (saw it yesterday), have a look at the K-3 review in there, and then compare it to the What Digital Camera review (apparently by a different author) linked to by Jules, it makes very interesting reading.

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on K-3 glowing review at 25/11/2013 - 00:53

Daniel Bridge
Sold my Tammy 300mm/2.8 when I got my DA*300. The DA* is sharp from f/4, the Tamron really needed to be stopped down to f/5.6 to get the best from it, and it was too big and heavy, and manual focus. And that purple fringing...

You've made the right choice, even if you don't realise it yet.

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on Tamron SP300 f2.8 or DA*300 f4 at 23/11/2013 - 01:15

Daniel Bridge
JAK wrote:
Can you turn it completely off?

I'd better ask why you couldn't use your Pentax?

John K
Sorry John, just seen your questions (presumably directed at me). Not sure if you can switch the 700D's touchscreen features off, I would suspect not, but haven't looked into it in any detail.

Rest assured, I could use my K-5; I was running the workshop, and the Canon was a participant's camera.

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on The K5 holds its ground! at 10/10/2013 - 23:34

Daniel Bridge
Surely it's the P-Type system you need, not the A-type.

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on ND shenanigans at 10/10/2013 - 23:09

Daniel Bridge
[quote:3496ace15f="cabstar"]£85 trade in offer any camera any make so potentially £1014

]http://www.wexphotographic.com/?/popups/terms-promo-pentax-85-trade-in-07102013....
£100 trade-in bonus for pre-orders from SRS, bringing it down to £999 - you're sorted!

Dan

Comment by Daniel Bridge posted on Officially K-3? at 07/10/2013 - 23:22

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo