Clarky

Joined: 19th July 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Clarky
When I was using a grip I had it setup to use the grip battery first, when this was depleted it would revert to the body battery, I would then remove the grip battery for replacement with a spare (if you have 3 batteries) or recharge it. Once replaced it would automatically revert back to the grip. This eliminates the need to remove the grip and replace the body battery.

You don't need to have the grip turned on until you are ready to utilise it, It will still power the body even when switched off.

Comment by Clarky posted on K-7 Battery Grip Question at 15/10/2010 - 04:01

Clarky
ChrisA wrote:
roscopecotrain wrote:
This is going to sound dreadfully off-topic I'm afraid, but I would like to welcome Ross to the forum.

And commend him for his taste in 1980s American television, but I must respectfully point out that his user name is spelt wrong. At the very least, it's missing an 'L'.
But when it's spoken using an American drawl the "L" is silent

Comment by Clarky posted on UV filter or No UV filter? at 15/10/2010 - 03:45

Clarky
Gwyn wrote:
TOZZA27 wrote:


Interesting to see a new member living up to their site name so soon - I hope it doesn`t last !!

Tony
: Tony is a hypocorism, just as Aussie is.
And so is Gwyn I do believe or is that just an abbreviation

Comment by Clarky posted on UV filter or No UV filter? at 14/10/2010 - 17:34

Clarky
The L version lenses were released with the KM which was prior to the KX. The K20 was released with Version 2 and the K7 came out with the WR versions

As far as I know, in Aust, both the KM and KX kit lenses included the DA-L versions when released, You had the option to upgrade the package to include the retail DA (with hood and metal mount) versions if you so wished. Thats why you see so many DA-L lenses being sold seperately out here, no pentax packaging, just a brown cardboard box, these were removed from the kit package. Just have a look in Teds, he flogs them off at rudiculous prices.

Comment by Clarky posted on UV filter or No UV filter? at 14/10/2010 - 13:06

Clarky
Very impressive,

He had it setup to take 80 frames during daylight hours and 5 frames through the night,

I might setup something like this on my neighbours yard and see how many times thay mow thier lawn, but I don't think 3 years will be long enough.

Comment by Clarky posted on K110D 3 year timelapse!! at 10/10/2010 - 22:47

Clarky
Very nice shots Jon, Never used one myself, and i'm with Kris, hopeless with a long lens

Comment by Clarky posted on Opteka 500mm f/6.3 Telephoto Mirror; at 05/10/2010 - 08:35

Clarky
Do you know anyone flying out here who could pop it in the post for you.

I always use Aussie Post to ship internationally, never had a problem with them, but that isn't going to help you much.

Royal mail have always been good when I have purchased items from the UK, But as you say it can get expensive, just wear the cost Mike and mark it down to experience.

Comment by Clarky posted on Courier service to Australia? at 04/10/2010 - 03:52

Clarky
The AF220T does not do P-TTL either, Does it have any manual controls or is it a dedicated AF flash.

You would be better off getting yourself a second hand AF360fgz or a Metz 48-1

Comment by Clarky posted on beginner - what flash? at 30/09/2010 - 11:56

Clarky
Dangermouse wrote:
AFAIK the crinkly caps are on the earliest examples when it was sold as part of the original K series, the later versions with lower case smc were presumably the lens being continued alongside the M series lenses (and would most likely have had the later smooth finish cap).

The hoods for all K series seem tricky to find. I was lucky with the 85-210mm as I found someone in Canada with a couple of them, but I think he sold out about a day after I bought mine. Still keeping my eyes open for the one to fit my K 120mm (also fits the 135mm f3.5, so you'd expect it to be a bit less rare...).
Matt
The cap for your K 120 is it a 58mm : I have a couple of the crinkly (is that the techy name for it) ones laying around.

The cap on Johns K 135mm is off a Takumar I believe and not the original.

Comment by Clarky posted on Rare opportunity: 135/2.5 SMCK plus hood and case for sale at 28/09/2010 - 01:54

Clarky
Someone is desperate for a beer and a smoke
link

Comment by Clarky posted on Will swap camera for beers and cigs at 27/09/2010 - 13:58

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo