CiderDrinker

Joined: 6th May 2014

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

CiderDrinker
I have both K5IIs and K3II (purchased from SRS last weekend). I have only used the K3II once and that was for taking photos of a band in very badly lit bar. I was using the Pantax SMC 50mm 1.8mm lens and 3200-6400 ISO, shutter speed between 60-80 (yes that badly lit).

I do like the feel of the camera with the grip, but miss the slide switches for focus point and metering.

The images are usable in b/w but do have a far bit of noise. Unfortunately I have not used the K5IIs in the same venue too compare.

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on Looking for thoughts from anyone who upgraded from K-5ii to K-3 (or K-3ii) please? at 04/12/2015 - 13:31

CiderDrinker
I also went for the K3II + Grip + 50mm, plus a few extras. Popped along to the shop and it was nice to meet the folks behind the deals. Looking for to the new years deals.

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on Pentax K-3 II Body + 50mm F1.8 + D-BG5 Grip - £649!! Black Friday Special... at 28/11/2015 - 18:40

CiderDrinker
Maybe Ricoh could rename the Ricoh Arena to the Pentax Arena?

https://www.facebook.com/RicohArena

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on Same old story - where is Pentax? at 09/10/2015 - 14:06

CiderDrinker

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on Any new FF gossip at 09/09/2015 - 13:30

CiderDrinker
Chris you evil man

Looking at two lenses that the moment. grrr!

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on Heads up... Mega Pentax Lens deals next weekend at 28/03/2015 - 11:57

CiderDrinker
John Lewis seem to be loving the KS-1 as they have them for sale at my local John Lewis at Home (long with the K-50). They are also available from their web site.

http://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/cameras-camcorders/cameras/all-cameras/pent...=brand/c800004002

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on K-S1 Love it or hate it but FWIW... at 07/01/2015 - 13:50

CiderDrinker
Just flicking throw channels (trouble sleeping) and QVC just had a Pentax K-S1 presentation and sold out. They were selling them for £450.

Looks like Ricoh is marketing department is working.

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on K-S1 Love it or hate it but FWIW... at 24/11/2014 - 00:53

CiderDrinker
Yep the MX-1 seems to have a bit of a cult following.

I can get the some point of view using the MX-1 as I do with the Mamiya C330, plus you can set it to a nice square format

In to the light This was taken a couple of days after getting my MX-1, just wondering around town.

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on A Day Out with MX-1 at 20/05/2014 - 14:19

CiderDrinker
I haven't had a problem viewing the screen in bright light either. As MrB said half pressing the shutter button restore full brightness.

Gravelrash wrote:
faux leather case for a tenner
I brought two of these because I need to try to 'Steampunk' one of them. I do some photos for a LARP (live action role-play) group put I could only do it if I was in character :s

I love the MX-1, just needs better auto white balancing, thought shooting in raw that's not a problem.

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on New MX-1 owner and a question re rear screen at 20/05/2014 - 13:59

CiderDrinker
Hey,

Yah, I was in Oxford on Saturday and took a few shots with the M50 1.7. I have only edited one (using that lens) so far.

Photo Linky Thingy

I have decided to go for the Pentax DA50 1.8

Thank you all for you advice and comments.

Comment by CiderDrinker posted on Portrait Lens (50mm) advice at 14/05/2014 - 23:30

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo