carmagw

Joined: 17th October 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

carmagw
I have it and like it a lot, the only downside is the size as its quite large and heavy for this focal range, large filter as well. I sometimes wish it was wider.

However I wouldn't sell mine as I don't think I'd be able to get anything better for similar money.

Its pseudo macro comes in handy and I find it good for close ups of flowers etc. Also great for portraits.

Regards
George

Comment by carmagw posted on Sigma 24-70mm EX DG F2.8 lens at 31/05/2011 - 20:26

carmagw
Thanks for all your comments.

Must remember not to use Picasa for straightening images as PS did not recognise the changes when I resized them to upload. I often use Picasa for initial viewing as it scrolls through the images a lot quicker than lightroom.

This was my second attempt at shooting this heron, I found the need to underexpose to prevent the white patch on the head from being blown which happened on my first encounter.

I'll have a play with levels and see what differencethis makes.

Regards
George

Comment by carmagw posted on Heron fishing Sigma 150-500 at 31/05/2011 - 09:07

carmagw
A few (of the many) I took recently of a heron in one of the local ponds near me.

No 1
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_17_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

No2
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_16_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

No 3
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_15_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

N0 4
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_14_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

No 5
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_11_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

No 6
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_10_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

N0 7
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_9_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

No 8
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_19_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

No 9
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/Heron/heron_21_of_21.jpg[/IMG]

Comments appreciated.

Regards

George

Comment by carmagw posted on Heron fishing Sigma 150-500 at 27/05/2011 - 23:15

carmagw
The red light is activated when shooting with a remote, can be set with the drive mode button.

If it is flashing then you need to reset it, unless you are using a remote.

Regards
George

Comment by carmagw posted on K-5 Silver... Crashed at 24/05/2011 - 13:46

carmagw
Nice shots,

No 4 stands out for me, shows the movement in the wheels yet still has the car sharp. I find the people in the backgound a bit distracting in the others, although appreciate not always easy to get a clear background at these events.

I'd clone out the tyre on the third one.

Regards

George

Comment by carmagw posted on Buxton Raceway - 22nd May - BriSCA F1 & F2 Stock Cars at 24/05/2011 - 10:11

carmagw
Fish eye arrived this morning as described.

Thanks Katie

Regards

George

Comment by carmagw posted on Pentax Kit & Lenses For Sale at 26/04/2011 - 13:13

carmagw
Thanks for your comments.

Mat, I didn't notice the slope so will have a go at correcting this along with the color cast. Post processing is as area I need to get better at (as well as taking pictures !).

Regards

George

Comment by carmagw posted on Ducks at 16/04/2011 - 13:12

carmagw
PM sent re fish eye

Regards George

Comment by carmagw posted on Pentax Kit & Lenses For Sale at 15/04/2011 - 19:29

carmagw
Having 3 young children means a lot of my time is spent at the park, theres only so many pictures of the kids I can take so I have also been taking pictures of Ducks. Whilst it may not be everyones favorite subject I thought I'd share some of my personal favorites to date.

No 1
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-1-6800.jpg[/IMG]

No 2
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-1-5800.jpg[/IMG]

No 3 - I like this one but does this work for others?
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-1-4800.jpg[/IMG]

No 4
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-1-3800.jpg[/IMG]

No 5 Any preference between 4 or 5 ?
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-4800.jpg[/IMG]

No 6 (Duck with Botox !)
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-1-2800.jpg[/IMG]

No 7
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-1800.jpg[/IMG]

No 8 Any prefenrence between 7 & 8 ?
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-2800.jpg[/IMG]

No 9
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/carmagw/ducks-1-8800.jpg[/IMG]

Any comments appreciated,

Regards

George

Comment by carmagw posted on Ducks at 15/04/2011 - 15:08

carmagw
Thanks for everyones comments.

I am impressed with this lens in particular, despite its size, the ease of shooting handheld. The balance seems spot on and the OS does work well.

The above shots were F8 or above and I can imagine a K5 with its high ISO would make it even more usable when the light was not as good.

Regards

George

Comment by carmagw posted on Sigma 150-500 first pics at 31/03/2011 - 23:19

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo