BruceStrachan

Joined: 2nd October 2014

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

BruceStrachan
I was looking at the SMC DA 17-70, but not convinced it would provide an all in one answer.
Any experience with this lens?

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on One Lens to travel? at 27/01/2015 - 14:38

BruceStrachan
If you could pick any lens that fits a K-3 for travelling with, which would you pick?
I have the Pentax 18-135 WR, but have noticed it is not too sharp above about 80.
I have a Sigma 18-250 but it´s not WR.....
I have a Pentax 70-300WR but it doesn´t focus in teh dark at all.....
The Sigma 10-20 is great but not enough zoom and no WR...
the wee primes have the same failings...
The 100mm Macro wr is no uise for close work and I have still to take a single good landscape shot with it...
Is there a prfect general use lens out their that can be truly recomended?

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on One Lens to travel? at 27/01/2015 - 12:56

BruceStrachan
Just collected my 2nd camera today, after a bit of a debate and a straight choice between the D7100 & the K-3 I plumped for the K-3, first impressions are that it a fantastic camera, build quality and first 4 or 5 images all superb and that with the cheap & nasty 18-55 kit lens (plastic lens frame etc).
Can´t wait to try it with some of my better lenses...
Maybe a 4 month old K-50 for sale!!!

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on New K-3 at 20/11/2014 - 12:52

BruceStrachan
Thanks Gents...much appreciated...

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on Lens Types at 06/10/2014 - 10:07

BruceStrachan
I was under the impression that each manufcaturer had standard lenses for all products ie all Pentax lenses will fit to every pentax DSLR?
Is this incorrect?
I have a K-50, which type of lens mount does this have?

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on Lens Types at 06/10/2014 - 07:25

BruceStrachan
I am very new to DSLR´s, I thought all Pentax lenses fitted to any camera?
I have a K-50 what type of mount does this have?

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on Buy a lens from Argos? at 06/10/2014 - 07:23

BruceStrachan
I just bought my first DSLR a Pentax K50, took quite a few shots in differant situations, starte dwith JPEG´s no issues, but everyone seems to say you have to shoot in RAW, so tried it for a couple of days, I loaded the software supplied with the camera and tried to open up and have a look at the images, but most of them only partially open up.
Comment Image

Funny thing is that when I go to open the image the preview shows the entire image, and when I copy over to anothe rfolder & change the name to .jpg the jpg opens (albeit small with a black band top & bottom).
Around 30% of the images are good, the rest open like the one above.

I thought it might be because I cut all the images from the memory card in one go and pasted to my pc, is this likely to cause file corruption?

For the time being I have switched back to shooting JPEG´s, but feel I am probably not getting best out of the camera shooting in this way.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on problem viewing images on Pentax software at 06/10/2014 - 06:59

BruceStrachan
I might be interested in Item 5, but i stay in Germany, would you post there?

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on Part 1 of a clearance sale... at 02/10/2014 - 12:17

BruceStrachan
Thanks Bill,
I will try these suggested settings to get me started...

Cheers,

Bruce

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on Hello from Germany at 02/10/2014 - 12:11

BruceStrachan
I just bought my first DSLR after years of using compacts & bridges.
My choice Pentax K-50, felt so much better in the hand and more rugged than the very plasticy Nikons & Canons & weather resistant.
My only problem is user manual is in German and my German is terrible!!
I have downloaded English manual but 300 pages is a lot to print so I will try and get my hand son one next time I am home in Scotland.
My main interest is landscapes/mountains/rivers then architecture, really looking forward to finding my way around real photography.

Comment by BruceStrachan posted on Hello from Germany at 02/10/2014 - 10:42

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo