bladerunneruk

Joined: 30th November 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

bladerunneruk
So I tried asking elinchrom....

Question asked :
please could you confirm whether the transmitter pro is compatible with :- pentax K3 mark1, pentax K3 mark2, pentax K3 mark3 pentax KP

please could you confirm whether the transmitter plus is compatible with pentax K5 mark1, K3 mark1, pentax KP

Elinchrom response :
We cannot confirm if the other models work or not.

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on Elinchrom Transmitter Pro for Pentax at 06/12/2021 - 01:39

bladerunneruk
Thanks folks

Updated support link for the transmitter PRO :
https://www.elinchrom.com/support/compatibility/

For the transmitter PLUS pentax is not on the list it would seem...
https://www.elinchrom.com/product/transmitter-plus/
"Skyport system compatibility with cameras
All cameras respecting the standard sync triggering system will work.
The Hi-Sync/HSS/TTL features on the Transmitter Pro are only available for Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, and Fujifilm cameras."

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on Elinchrom Transmitter Pro for Pentax at 27/11/2021 - 14:52

bladerunneruk
SRS indicate "check availability" so best to call I guess,

otherwise
https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Pentax/Pentax-Digital-SLRs/Pentax-K-3-Mark-I...

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on Yet Another K3 III topic..... at 25/05/2021 - 19:44

bladerunneruk
PM sent

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on pentax KP at 10/05/2021 - 22:29

bladerunneruk
michaelblue wrote:
bladerunneruk wrote:

I have used a DA60-250 quite a bit with the K5 and the 50-135 is 2nd most commonly used lens presently. Any thoughts on KP with those ? With/without battery grip.
I've not used either of these with the KP but regularly use the DA* 300 on the KP (with and without the grip) without any problem, they match quite well.
Thanks, I used a 300 as a hire lens a long time ago so I've got an idea of how that feels, I reckon the 50-135 will be fine, the 300 is a less substantial lens IIRC than the 60-250 so that'll be interesting when I have a look at a KP sometime soon I hope.

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on Pentax K-3 Mark 1 vs Pentax KP ergonomics at 09/05/2021 - 19:21

bladerunneruk
michaelblue wrote:
bladerunneruk wrote:
Hi folks, any opinions on how the vertical plane front dial on KP 'feels' compared to a K5 / K3 / K1 style which has both e-dials on horizontal plane ?
I use the K5 and the KP and to be honest I'd forgotten the difference until you mentioned it. I just switch from one to the other without noticing it.
thanks michaelblue, interesting, promising, the KP looks very different in terms of controls, that's one of my on-paper reservations about the KP potentially ticked off. Now things are opening up again I'll have to take a trip to SRS and try one out, maybe I'll need to deign to oil the hinges on my wallet soon !

Out of curiosity, did you find that you set up the KP's optional fx1/2/3 and the function dial(correct name? - the one near the flash) to mimic the K5 or did you find there was an advantage to setting it differently ?

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on Pentax K-3 Mark 1 vs Pentax KP ergonomics at 09/05/2021 - 19:07

bladerunneruk
Thanks folks

whilst I'm ok with the unix I don't have a machine handy with linux, so I went with the pentax forums option

result : 36877

which feels a bit low to me, I'll have to check my image database.

just out of curiosity, does anyone know if it rolls-over at a particular value, e.g. 65536 ? (65536 = 2^16)

cheers

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on how to find shutter count at 05/05/2021 - 14:58

bladerunneruk
Hi folks
did forum search for this but could not find, sorry if it's been covered before and I missed it...

I gather there is a way to determined the shutter count by taking an image and inspecting the exif

could someone be kind enough to point me to a post with the method and required exif viewing software please

thanks

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on how to find shutter count at 04/05/2021 - 18:12

bladerunneruk
Hi folks, any opinions on how the vertical plane front dial on KP 'feels' compared to a K5 / K3 / K1 style which has both e-dials on horizontal plane ?

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on Pentax K-3 Mark 1 vs Pentax KP ergonomics at 04/05/2021 - 13:16

bladerunneruk
thanks loadoftripe, I'll investigate.

Yes there are lots of options and combinations thereof to customise even on the K5, I can only imagine there's even more on the KP.

it's hard to remember an option to change the option is even there sometimes !

cheers

Comment by bladerunneruk posted on focus point selection at 04/05/2021 - 13:06

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo