bjolester

Joined: 30th January 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

bjolester
techno-terminator: I am glad that you liked the image from Valdres, and it is interesting for me to read your interpretation of it!

techno-terminator wrote:
Perhaps we could have had the whole of the lake by taking less of the L hand side - mind you I don't know the size of the lake so possibly this is not possible
I googled "Valdresflya", and it seems that this area/lake has been shot quite a lot. This image shows the lake in a more classic composition, almost in the national romantic idiom (from my point of view). In my shot, I was more concerned with the composition of the mountains and rocks, and I was confined with staying close to the road and car.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Valdresflya-1994-lake.jpg

Best regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on Valdresflya Norway at 01/07/2010 - 01:05

bjolester
This photo is also from my recent trip to Stavanger by car, and is from "Valdresflya" in Valdres, a highland area in the middle of Norway. K20D and 18-55mm WR. Comments and critique are welcome!

[IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/bjolester/Valdres.jpg[/IMG]

Regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on Valdresflya Norway at 29/06/2010 - 23:32

bjolester
I have just come back from a visit to Stavanger, where a drove through some of my favorite parts of Norway. These photos are of the waterfall "Vøringsfossen" situated between Eidfjord and Hardangervidda, the waterfall is maybe the most famous waterfall in the country and has a total fall of 183 meters. I attempted to capture some of the waterfall´s splendor, and experimented with shots from different angels. These photos are jpegs straight from the K20D fitted with the DA 18-55mm WR. Comments and critique are welcome!

[IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/bjolester/Vringsfossen_1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/bjolester/Vringsfossen_2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/bjolester/Vringsfossen_4.jpg[/IMG]


Regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on 3 photos Vøringsfossen Norway at 29/06/2010 - 20:48

bjolester
Thank you very much John Riley, for taking time to give me such comprehensive and detailed analysis of my photos. I will take your advice with me, and work with improving the issues you point out, in my further attempts with macro-photography and photography in general.

My best regards

Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on 3 Flowers with A35-105 at 19/06/2010 - 20:47

bjolester
The story about my A35-105 lens has a happy (though slightly expensive) ending. I contacted a Pentax technician here in Norway, because the front lens group was loose. By chance I asked him if there could be a faint possibility of obtaining a new front lens group spare part. After some research he managed to find the very last one in stock in the country. So now my A35-105 has a brand new front lens group and has also been serviced

[IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/bjolester/NEW_FRONT.jpg[/IMG]

Regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on Scratch front SMC-A 35-105 at 19/06/2010 - 12:16

bjolester
Pentaxophile wrote:
Looks a cracking lens. Not bad shots, I like the colours in no.3 and the simplicity of the comp. Not sure about the stalk at that angle but it's a good image.
Thank you for your constructive comment and criticism! I agree with you that photo no.3 would have been improved if the angle of the stalk had been different. I did not spend enough time on these details when taking the photos, I was focusing mostly on getting them as sharp as possible (handheld camera:lol.

Regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on 3 Flowers with A35-105 at 18/06/2010 - 23:05

bjolester
Thank you Andrew for a super-fast response What a great forum this is!

I will try to keep in mind the principles you mention when pursuing further attempts with macro.

Regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on 3 Flowers with A35-105 at 18/06/2010 - 15:50

bjolester
Andrew, Gareth and Jon: Thank you for your comments

Are there specific concepts or techniques that belong to the "style of macro photography"? Are my attempts above acceptable from a stylistic point of view?

Many regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on 3 Flowers with A35-105 at 18/06/2010 - 15:24

bjolester
I have been playing around with the macro setting on the A35-105, one of the things that makes this lens so versatile and fun to use. Photos no 2+3 are of flowers from a bouquet against a garden lawn.

[IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/bjolester/Flower_1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/bjolester/Flower_2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/bjolester/Flower_3.jpg[/IMG]

Regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on 3 Flowers with A35-105 at 17/06/2010 - 15:14

bjolester
Terry: Thank you for your comment Yes, the photos were taken near Ladehammeren, at Fagerheimbukta to be precise.

I have seen the expression "LBA" quite a lot in this forum, and have started to understand the meaning of it... What kind of prime lens would be a good complement to the DA 18-55 WR for the kind of photography I am attempting to do above: Landscape in low light conditions?

Regards
Bjørn

Comment by bjolester posted on Winter Trondheim Norway at 16/06/2010 - 19:54

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo