Anvh

Joined: 4th July 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Anvh
Hi philstaff, this forum was very helpfull indeed. Did learned a lot of things about the camera that weren't in the manual and this the best comunity I've ever seen. The members are always helpfull and full of advise and it's always very cosy

Comment by Anvh posted on Finally have the courage XD at 31/10/2008 - 11:08

Anvh
Hi Miguel,
Welcome
You have a nice cat in your avatar, where did you shot it if I may ask

Comment by Anvh posted on Hello everybody at 31/10/2008 - 11:03

Anvh
Welcome Istvan,
Congrats with winning the competition, will try to enter yours if I can make a nice shot this week
I wish I had a 21ltd now or something wider

Comment by Anvh posted on Finally have the courage XD at 30/10/2008 - 18:08

Anvh
Just spoke to the local photo shop here and they called to pentax for it. They said it will be December before they have it in the shop here, the advice price for the K-M + DA-L18-55 is €499 and K-M + DA-L18-55 + DA-L50-200 is €599. The actuale shop price will be lower though around the 90% so €450 (£370) and €540 (£430) just to give you an idea. so srsmicrosystems has quite a good price

Comment by Anvh posted on Wait for Pentax K-m? at 30/10/2008 - 15:56

Anvh
Hi Hyram and Nimitz, I'm already feeling very welcome here.
Hopefully some of the other just joined members are going to write a piece, feeling a bit lonely here

Yeah have heard of LBA before and I've it too I think... is it a bad thing? Whit the current economy I think that a lens would be far more valuable than most of the stock, so it's a wise investment.
Just hoping now that the DA*55 would be as good or better than the FA85, if that's the case it will never cost you money for sure

Comment by Anvh posted on Finally have the courage XD at 30/10/2008 - 15:47

Anvh
Oh wow thanks Clarky, I see why you like the 21ltd it's amazing but still I like to shoot portraits and it's too bad I don't have the money for all the lenses I want

Comment by Anvh posted on Finally have the courage XD at 30/10/2008 - 12:56

Anvh
Mac wrote:
Stefan,

Hello, welcome.

I've been using Pentax film SLR's for ever (1960's). Even though I made the digital move, like you, with a point & shoot (Pentax again) about 4 years ago, and recently a DSLR, I still run a roll of film through one of my old gems every so often. I find that it keeps me grounded and concentrating. I feel that "shoot & delete" with nothing to lose, detracts from actually planning a shot and investing something in it.

So, if you get the opportunity, there are many orphaned Pentax film SLRs out there at amazingly reasonable prices, and they often come with terriffic prime lenses - which you can use on your K10D.
Film won't be around forever, and I'd hate for you to pass up the experience.

Cheers, and happy clicking.
Hi Mac, thank you for your warm welcome!
Have had the idea to get a slr maybe because they are so cheap but I think I would be too cautious and end up regreting later that I didn't pressed the shutter more often, that's why I like digital. you can always delete the shots that arent right and I'm less afraid to experiment because of that. I might borrow the camera from my uncle and use some black and white film to have some fun, if I get more confident

Comment by Anvh posted on Finally have the courage XD at 30/10/2008 - 12:54

Anvh
Mannesty wrote:
Welcome to the forum Stefan. If you think you might like the DA* 55mm, why not try the FA 50mm 1:1.4, I'm certain that you will be very pleased with it. The FA50mm can be bought brand new for less than 200€, much cheaper than the DA*55mm.
Hi Mannesty,
Thanks I have looked for the FA50 1.4 and it's surely a sound offer. It's for the nice bokeh and the weathersealing I want the DA*55 and having a FA50 next to it, I will hardly use it it anymore so that's why th DA40 ltd. Poor students need to think ahead

mikew wrote:
Anvh wrote:

No sorry Mike the 40 ltd is wide enough for me but if you want to sponsor me to test the 21 ltd then I will do it
I feel I should quote some famous (dead) photographer then you're not getting close enough - I find my 35mm too long and I'll let you know about the 21 when I get one Sponsor you indeed!

Mike
Well my girl is in the States, so it comforts her that I don't go wider then 40mm but with a 35ltd macro you can get really close too
Yes be sure to let us know how the 21ltd is, it might be nice to have all the ltd lenses sometime

Comment by Anvh posted on Finally have the courage XD at 30/10/2008 - 12:44

Anvh
Great subject indeed!
I'm surely entering this one, might have a photo that will do
Isn't there coming a comment section like with Vistas for this one?

Comment by Anvh posted on Fortnightly competition # 2 Product Shot at 30/10/2008 - 11:56

Anvh
Thanks for the warm welcomes, I'm already feeling at home

hefty1 wrote:

I too came to Pentax via the K10D (although I had/have a Pentax Auto110 SLR that hasn't had a film through it in years). I've since added a Pentax MX so I can use (some of) my lenses on both film and digital. I also prefer primes to zooms but sometimes a zoom is more convenient when I'm in a hurry or just snapping quick record shots of something.

We've got a few Dutch members so you should feel quite at home.
Thanks Hefty I've also looked at a slr but I'm to cautious, to afraid to mess up a film so I'm staying with digital, it cost nothing if you press a button there

I might need a zoom very soon for a concert, I'll be able to get a press card so any suggestions? I've been thinking about the 50-135 but I'm not so sure if that's long enough
mikew wrote:
Stefan

No wide angle prime then?

Get the 21 Ltd and let me know how you get on

Mike
No sorry Mike the 40 ltd is wide enough for me but if you want to sponsor me to test the 21 ltd then I will do it

Comment by Anvh posted on Finally have the courage XD at 30/10/2008 - 11:48

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo