almierau

Joined: 22nd November 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

almierau
Found the solution. A Canon user in Scotland advised me to perhaps turn off the stabilization feature on both the K7 and K10. That was something I had not thought of. When I did that the lens focused properly. I then turned the stabilization back on and the lens still focuses. And this may have been caused by operator error (me) as sometimes when out in the field I will switch lenses without turning off the camera. Thanks for the responses.

Comment by almierau posted on Pentax 50-135 will not auto focus on some of my models at 03/12/2014 - 13:17

almierau
For some reason my SMC Pentax DA -50-135 lens will no longer auto focus when used with my K10 or my newer K7. I was just about to take the lens to the dealer to send away and decided to haul out my two older *isD models, *isD S and *isD L. Focuses instantly without an issue.

My other Pentax lenses and Sigma lenses all work correctly with the K7 and K10. Is there a solution for this? And what would cause this. I never did use that lens on the K10 but decided just to see if it would work or not.

Hope someone has some ideas here as that lens is my primary lens for coach trips.

Comment by almierau posted on Pentax 50-135 will not auto focus on some of my models at 03/12/2014 - 03:42

almierau
Sorry for the delay in answering. Thanks for the elephant image.
Here is an image I shot with the 500mm yesterday, on my Pentax *isD.
I was approximately 15 feet from the bird house, and had the camera on a monopod. Comment Image


I put the camera on rapid fire; shot approximately 50 images, and got 12 keepers of this Tree Swallow.

Comment by almierau posted on Tamron mirror lens-Pentax *isdS at 18/06/2013 - 14:56

almierau
Hi Gamka.
It came to me after I had posted. I had to go to custom setting and select a switch and that allows the *isDS to function. I have also used that lens on my K7 and have had some very good results; considering it is not a high class lens to begin with. I generally use a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 lens for wildlife but for bird shots I make good use out of this 500mm mirror lens that one of my UK students gifted to me a few years back

Comment by almierau posted on Tamron mirror lens-Pentax *isdS at 19/05/2013 - 14:40

almierau
How do I get Pentax *isD to recognize my Tamron 500mm mirror lens, so that it operates. I believe there is something in the set up somewhere but of course don't have a manual for this camera.

Comment by almierau posted on Tamron mirror lens-Pentax *isdS at 19/05/2013 - 14:18

almierau
Is there any way to get a Pentax K200d to imprint the date and time on the front of the digital image so that it is visible both on the digital image and once printed at the lab. Thanks.

Comment by almierau posted on imprinting date on front of digital image at 31/01/2013 - 01:47

almierau
johnriley wrote:
If you look in the Index of your Operating Manual you will find Sharpness. I can't be more specific as I use the K-5 and it may or may not be exactly the same as your K-7.
They were not quite specific about this, however I did find the solution. I have to thit the controller at the 3 o'clock position. This brings up eight different modes and on each mode one can offset the defaults, including sharpness from soft to hard. Somewhere along the line someone (me) must have set the system to an item that takes soft focusing.

One issue I have not been able to resolve however with this k7, is how to get the skies more blue, as compared to my fuji or canon cameras, and none of those are SLR's. However I shoot landscapes in RAW, for the most part, so one can always adjust later. Two of my friends just bought the K5 and are very happy with their purchases.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Comment by almierau posted on setting sharpness in K7 at 05/09/2012 - 01:06

almierau
I recently found out by viewing the exif data that the sharpness showed "soft". I cannot find out in the menu's where one sets, "soft" "normal" "hard". I therefore did a "reset" and now the exif shows the image has "hard". Where in the world does not navigate in the menu to change this setting without having to go the reset mode.

Comment by almierau posted on setting sharpness in K7 at 05/09/2012 - 00:01

almierau
Thank you. That solved the issue.



Anvh wrote:
Try the setting for lens corrections to see if they are on, turn them off and it should go better.

Comment by almierau posted on lcd screen slow in showing at 01/08/2011 - 03:15

almierau
All of a sudden my Pentax K7 takes some time to show the image on the lcd display. Is there a place that one can set this for "instant on" or something? My *isD and K10d are show the snapped image instantly. The k7 did as well until two weeks ago so I assume I might have changed a setting accidentally. Thanks.

Comment by almierau posted on lcd screen slow in showing at 31/07/2011 - 23:25

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo