aliengrove

Joined: 3rd January 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

aliengrove
I really like the Thames barrier hdr but the out of focus background (buildings) in the first one spoils it for me: I don't think the foreground is strong enough for it. Also agree with womble, they both seem a bit blue.

Comment by aliengrove posted on 2 from Thursday night at 30/04/2010 - 14:17

aliengrove
thanks for the comments he was quite a character. My wife gave him the name which seemed very appropriate. Hopefully soon be able to get some macro shots with the lens.......

Comment by aliengrove posted on Humphrey at 30/04/2010 - 04:58

aliengrove
I went out today with the Tamron 90mm hoping to get some macro shots, but came home with this....

Comment Image

Comment by aliengrove posted on Humphrey at 29/04/2010 - 21:40

aliengrove
I prefer the colour version, I really like the details.

Comment by aliengrove posted on Architectural Abstract - Melbourne Convention Centre at 29/04/2010 - 20:30

aliengrove
Yes it was a B777 then...my previous company actually bought all Air New Zealands 767's, which I flew until the company went bust. The flight deck windows were better than the passenger windows obviously, but were a bit scratched in places and tended to get dirty from insects, dust etc. I used to use the plastic tinted window shades to stop reflections, not what they were designed to do but it worked! I'm going to be flying the 777 here when I finish my training, looking forward to it, but some flights are 17 hours, with two crews.

Comment by aliengrove posted on A few through the window at 29/04/2010 - 20:19

aliengrove
Nice shots! I am very impressed with the level of detail in the Altai foothills shot considering it's taken through a passenger window. And it was probably a B777 you were on? A 737 can't fly that far, and I'd doubt it was a 767. However, both have a similar wing.
I take quite a few shots out of aircraft windows myself. You can avoid reflections by placing black matte card below the camera, against the window. I also find a uv filter sometimes helps with the contrast, even though theoretically it shouldn't make any difference at all.

Comment by aliengrove posted on A few through the window at 29/04/2010 - 19:51

aliengrove
Great picture, love the composition and colours...I have to get a 10-20, I had one when I used another make of camera and really missing it......

Comment by aliengrove posted on just some rape fields at 29/04/2010 - 19:19

aliengrove
There's another rumour floating about that a camera with higher specs than the K 7 will be at Photokina 2010.

Comment by aliengrove posted on rumor of Pentax K5 ??? at 29/04/2010 - 08:02

aliengrove
Hello and welcome!!

Comment by aliengrove posted on Hi from all over the world! at 28/04/2010 - 17:39

aliengrove
Welcome!

Comment by aliengrove posted on Hope I find you all well at 28/04/2010 - 17:37

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo