aliengrove

Joined: 3rd January 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

aliengrove
Great shot, the background really makes them stand out!

Comment by aliengrove posted on Odd one out at 07/05/2010 - 10:23

aliengrove
I prefer dandelion 2. It's got a less distracting background. The lavender could perhaps do with more dof to bring out more of the shape of the flower I like the red flower's (sorry not much of a horticultarist) background.

Comment by aliengrove posted on Some flora with the Pentax 50/1.7 at 07/05/2010 - 10:22

aliengrove
Very nice silhouette, the sky sets it off nicely. Like i-berg, wonder how it would look without the back part of the statue?

Comment by aliengrove posted on Eternal Vigil at 07/05/2010 - 10:15

aliengrove
If I got a three wheelr I think I would go for this. link

Comment by aliengrove posted on Another pointless thread at 07/05/2010 - 10:05

aliengrove
I have found a similar level of mutual backslapping going on on a well known photography magazine website where everyone gets five stars irrespective of the quality of the picture. The only variable seems to be how many five star comments you get. This seems to be directly proprtional to the number and frequency of ones given. It also seems that the more manipulation you do the more likely you are to get comments with Topaz being almost obligatory. The result is loads of people drooling over over-processed and very noisy dayglo skies and weird spotty landscapes that most people on here would be ashamed to own up to taking. In mitigation there are some very talented people on there but it makes you wonder why they bother.

Anyway rant over! Meanwhile on Flickr I have just been awarded Beautiful Shot Of The World (twice) so I am off to admire the half page pictures of plastic globes that I have won..........

Comment by aliengrove posted on ruddy Flickr awards: rant at 06/05/2010 - 19:48

aliengrove
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Comment by aliengrove posted on Another one bites the dust at 06/05/2010 - 09:03

aliengrove
I pretty much always use Av, even if I want a fast shutter speed, when I just adjust the aperture or ISO to get the speed I want. If I want to change the exposure I use ev compensation. In line with the thread topic, isn't using "P" cheating??

Comment by aliengrove posted on Is it cheating to shoot Aperture Priority? at 06/05/2010 - 08:51

aliengrove
Nice set of images, the tractor is my favourite but I really like the way the tones get lighter from the foreground to the background in the first one as well.

Comment by aliengrove posted on Slate Town at 04/05/2010 - 22:24

aliengrove
Great shots, especially like the first one

Comment by aliengrove posted on First Images With The K7 at 04/05/2010 - 22:20

aliengrove
All great shots...Especially like the last one

Comment by aliengrove posted on Melbourne Jazz Festival at 03/05/2010 - 20:15

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo