Same old story - where is Pentax?
Posted 06/10/2015 - 12:01
Link
My 10 year old Grand daughter already has a K10 and my 5 year old Grandson has an Espio something or other.
Plus, when I go, it will all be theirs. Wow!!
Regards, Horst
Plus, when I go, it will all be theirs. Wow!!
Regards, Horst
Posted 09/10/2015 - 11:17
Link
richandfleur wrote:
It's practically non existent here in New Zealand.
You won't find a Pentax on any major retailer shelf, or even be available to order through them. That alone is pretty weird, given you can order in most every other brand.
Pentax the company seems to not really exist from a customer perspective. Every interaction is driven through an affiliate company/store/service agent.
Tell me about it. All the other Pentaxs in Whangas are old ones of mine
It's practically non existent here in New Zealand.
You won't find a Pentax on any major retailer shelf, or even be available to order through them. That alone is pretty weird, given you can order in most every other brand.
Pentax the company seems to not really exist from a customer perspective. Every interaction is driven through an affiliate company/store/service agent.
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Posted 09/10/2015 - 14:06
Link
Digital: Pentax K-1 II + Grip, Pentax K3II + Grip, Pentax MX-1.
Lenses: Pentax D-FA 24-70mm 2.8, D-FA 15-30 2.8, D-FA 70-200 2.8*, Pentax 35mm 2.4, 50mm 1.8, 18-135mm WR, 55-300mm HD, Sigma 70-300mm (macro), Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.
Film: Mamiya C330 Medium Format, Pentax Super ME.
Lenses: Pentax D-FA 24-70mm 2.8, D-FA 15-30 2.8, D-FA 70-200 2.8*, Pentax 35mm 2.4, 50mm 1.8, 18-135mm WR, 55-300mm HD, Sigma 70-300mm (macro), Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.
Film: Mamiya C330 Medium Format, Pentax Super ME.
Posted 09/10/2015 - 16:14
Link
CiderDrinker wrote:
Maybe Ricoh could rename the Ricoh Arena to the Pentax Arena?
https://www.facebook.com/RicohArena
In the light of this negative publicity about the Ricoh Arena, perhaps that would not be a good move?Maybe Ricoh could rename the Ricoh Arena to the Pentax Arena?
https://www.facebook.com/RicohArena
http://www.railwaymagazine.co.uk/news/ban-on-use-of-new-arena-station-defeats-ob...
p.s. note the fine tram picture in the same issue...
http://www.railwaymagazine.co.uk/news/nottingham-tram-line-extensions-opened-at-...
Peter
Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Posted 10/10/2015 - 09:07
Link
Silly Rico.
They hit the ball with a bat at the WRC? not kick it . Silly Rico!
Regards, Horst
They hit the ball with a bat at the WRC? not kick it . Silly Rico!
Regards, Horst
Posted 10/10/2015 - 16:00
Link
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson
Posted 12/10/2015 - 12:24
Link
Was I imagining it, or did the photographer they talked to on Countryfile last night at Lyme Park have a Pentax? The type on the front of the prism seemed to say that, but by the time I'd started looking properly he was holding the camera the other way.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net
Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Posted 12/10/2015 - 13:04
Link
No, just seen that bit on iPlayer and I was wrong. Can't delete or edit the post though.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net
Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Posted 16/10/2015 - 03:38
Link
When it was time for my wife to upgrade to the K-50, I sold her K-r to a friend who was unfamiliar with Pentax, and he is quite pleased with his first dslr.
Doing my part to promote our brand.
Doing my part to promote our brand.
- David
"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
Posted 18/10/2015 - 21:42
Link
What isn't helping the market share either is something I keep hearing from people who have a Pentax DSLR in my surroundings.
They all complain about the perceived lack of sharpness from the images taken by Pentax DSLR's compared to Canon/Nikon and I hear that both from people who are shooting RAW and who are shooting JPEG. Most of them have decent glass.
It is also something that I noticed together with the slight under exposing of images that both my ist-DS and my K20D do.
Both are not really issues but rather less in camera processing but I do get that 'new' players are not really impressed by the results.
I for one am looking for a replacement of my K20D but I do not know what to get, due to 'life' I have less time to process so I want good results right out of the camera without the need for processing for 80% of my images and that is simply not possible with my K20D. The results are great when taking the time to edit each and every image but I need a flexible camera that gives me both the option to give me RAW images so I can fiddle with them and images that are properly exposed and sharp right out of the camera.
They all complain about the perceived lack of sharpness from the images taken by Pentax DSLR's compared to Canon/Nikon and I hear that both from people who are shooting RAW and who are shooting JPEG. Most of them have decent glass.
It is also something that I noticed together with the slight under exposing of images that both my ist-DS and my K20D do.
Both are not really issues but rather less in camera processing but I do get that 'new' players are not really impressed by the results.
I for one am looking for a replacement of my K20D but I do not know what to get, due to 'life' I have less time to process so I want good results right out of the camera without the need for processing for 80% of my images and that is simply not possible with my K20D. The results are great when taking the time to edit each and every image but I need a flexible camera that gives me both the option to give me RAW images so I can fiddle with them and images that are properly exposed and sharp right out of the camera.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Posted 18/10/2015 - 21:58
Link
golfdiesel wrote:
I for one am looking for a replacement of my K20D but I do not know what to get, due to 'life' I have less time to process so I want good results right out of the camera without the need for processing for 80% of my images and that is simply not possible with my K20D. The results are great when taking the time to edit each and every image but I need a flexible camera that gives me both the option to give me RAW images so I can fiddle with them and images that are properly exposed and sharp right out of the camera.
The MX-1 fits that bill precisely..I for one am looking for a replacement of my K20D but I do not know what to get, due to 'life' I have less time to process so I want good results right out of the camera without the need for processing for 80% of my images and that is simply not possible with my K20D. The results are great when taking the time to edit each and every image but I need a flexible camera that gives me both the option to give me RAW images so I can fiddle with them and images that are properly exposed and sharp right out of the camera.
But if you want to stick to a DSLR, the K-50 also produces excellnt OOC results. I'm sure the K-S1/K-S2 and the K-3ii does also.
I don't understand the comment about under expsoing, if one feels the camera is under exposing, then you can adjust for that easily in the camera.
Posted 18/10/2015 - 22:11
Link
If you want more sharpness straight out of camera, then increase the sharpness setting in the JPEG choices.
Otherwise, the MX-1 will deliver that very nicely as well.
Otherwise, the MX-1 will deliver that very nicely as well.
Best regards, John
Posted 18/10/2015 - 22:31
Link
Well, the exposure seems to be off on my K20D as with the ist-DS. I have it set to +0,5 to +1,0 all the time since the average correction I have to do in the RAW converter is about +0,7.
It is not just me, I talked to a number of Pentax users around me and they do the same.
As a replacement I am leaning towards the Sony A7-II at the moment but I am in no rush so I will wait another year probably.
It is not just me, I talked to a number of Pentax users around me and they do the same.
As a replacement I am leaning towards the Sony A7-II at the moment but I am in no rush so I will wait another year probably.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Posted 18/10/2015 - 22:33
Link
The K7 produces extremely sharp and vibrant images straight 'out of camera' .... Just need to pick the appropriate custom image pre-set and crank up the contrast, sharpness etc if that's what you like. The camera remembers all your settings, so it you don't really enjoy doing it it's only a one-off process.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



563 posts
14 years
Stoke on Trent
I personally are not to worried, what happens to Pentax in the future as long as they stay long enought in business to release the FF. after that I could not care .