Please Sort It Out


davidstorm

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 21:36
....
McGregNi wrote:
There's a few interesting new members around recently ....

Hey Nigel, what about a few interesting old members too?

Cheers
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Marat

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 21:45
fritzthedog wrote:
Marat wrote:
It’s kind a like puttin’ gas in a car that you’ve already wrecked.

You plant a tater, you get a tater.

You will have to forgive me questioning your motives for a comment like that Jim (especially from a member who joined yesterday).

If you truly believe this forum is wrecked and beyond hope - what are you doing here?

Carl

You took it out of context, yes sure I am new as a member but I have visited when I can like a lot of other places, I joined as I am going to take my photography to a whole new level,

When I visited in the past it seem a great place but due to traveling it was not worth joining, now I'am here more often, I thought why not, but in the last 24hrs since I said my hi, I've a couple of members say hi back and that's all, then this thread, so like you say I am new I look at past threads and seen this is not new.

Then I try to be sociable and add to a couple of threads, but nothing again but silence and then this " what am I doing here"

Putting gas in a wrecked car means yes it's damaged but it still has life and worth fighting for to get it back on the road again.

You plant a tater, you get a tater is what my baba always said after a bust up.

But thanks for all yours warm welcomes, feels like home.

Marat

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 21:46
McGregNi wrote:
There's a few interesting new members around recently ....

Yes sorry must have missed your welcome when I posted on just joined...

McGregNi

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 21:52
I wouldn't have welcomed you, I almost never do, just me ... nothing about you at all. I always try and respond though when someone new posts shots and makes interesting comments or questions about Pentax stuff. As a new member your dudey comment in this thread seemed a bit unnatural - just an impression, its always difficult with only the written word.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 02/07/2014 - 21:54

Marat

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 21:55
McGregNi wrote:
I wouldn't have welcomed you, I almost never do, just me ... nothing about you at all. I always try and respond though when someone new posts shots and makes interesting comments or questions about Pentax stuff.

Ok fair do's just never been called interesting in that context before...

fritzthedog

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 23:09
Marat wrote:
fritzthedog wrote:
Quote:
It’s kind a like puttin’ gas in a car that you’ve already wrecked.

You plant a tater, you get a tater.

You will have to forgive me questioning your motives for a comment like that Jim (especially from a member who joined yesterday).

If you truly believe this forum is wrecked and beyond hope - what are you doing here?

Carl

You took it out of context, yes sure I am new as a member but I have visited when I can like a lot of other places, I joined as I am going to take my photography to a whole new level,

When I visited in the past it seem a great place but due to traveling it was not worth joining, now I'am here more often, I thought why not, but in the last 24hrs since I said my hi, I've a couple of members say hi back and that's all, then this thread, so like you say I am new I look at past threads and seen this is not new.

Then I try to be sociable and add to a couple of threads, but nothing again but silence and then this " what am I doing here"

Putting gas in a wrecked car means yes it's damaged but it still has life and worth fighting for to get it back on the road again.

You plant a tater, you get a tater is what my baba always said after a bust up.

But thanks for all yours warm welcomes, feels like home.

Jim - I was not asking you why you were here. I was asking you - why if you feel that the forum is beyond hope - you are here. Context.

I asked the question because your wrecked car/ gas analogy - to me meant you believed that the forum was beyond hope and trying to revive it would be pointless.

If I have misinterpreted your comments then you have my unreserved apology.

As for the lack of welcome comments you received - perhaps you arrived when there were few members on the site - we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. I for one did not notice your arrival - first comment I saw from you was the one on this thread. I have corrected this oversight now.

Welcome Jim

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Marat

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 23:15
Cheers Carl, Shall we start over.

fritzthedog

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 07:06
Marat wrote:
Cheers Carl, Shall we start over.

Already done as far as I am concerned Jim - let's discuss photography next

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Horst

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 10:05
Marat wrote:

Quote:
but in the last 24hrs since I said my hi, I've a couple of members say hi back and that's all,

What do you expect, a bunch of flowers and a cake?

Get on with the forum, post some pictures and then we all know what you are about.

But whinging from the first day onwards, is really not what its all about.
.
Just get in to it. Post some controversial subjects and you'll get plenty of reply's.

regards, Horst
Last Edited by Horst on 03/07/2014 - 10:06

Gravelrash

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 10:39
Horst wrote:
Marat wrote:

Quote:
but in the last 24hrs since I said my hi, I've a couple of members say hi back and that's all,

What do you expect, a bunch of flowers and a cake?

Get on with the forum, post some pictures and then we all know what you are about.

But whinging from the first day onwards, is really not what its all about.
.
Just get in to it. Post some controversial subjects and you'll get plenty of reply's.

regards, Horst

I don't think he was being too unrealistic about a welcome.

Some, including myself, feel like an intrusion when stepping into an established group for the first time. It can make a huge difference if people just say Hi and Welcome, which I have been guilty of not doing so... Hi Marat, Sorry we have run out of cake and flowers lol.
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?

Marat

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 11:11
Cheers gravelrash, yat I take it your a biker, don't worry about the cake, way to early in the morning,

I must admit, so far I don't know what to make this site as of yet, it just seems a bit aggressive for my taste, even the staff are a bit scary with attitude and like it's been said it's very slow at the moment.

I have tried to join in threads, but it does feel like my input is not welcome for whatever reason at this time, maybe I will leave it and come back another time when things have settled down.

So thanks Horst, youve made my mind up for me and good luck with the controversial posts...

johnriley

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 11:20
Well, if you could look in the mirror at me like I do every morning, you'd find me for one isn't very scary at all....

Anyway, I'm glad you're settling in now and we'll all look forward to seeing some pictures!
Best regards, John

Marat

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 11:38
Sorry john I think you misunderstood, I haven't settled in at all as you call it, but thanks for trying to lighten the mood, I am going to step back for the moment.

johnriley

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 11:44
I think, I hope, that it's down to differences in approach in various parts of the country and world sometimes.

One example is that someone walking into an old-fashioned pub in the North might hear older people saying things like, "Here he comes, the silly old ...." whereas the bombastic greeting is actually being friendly.

This can be very difficult to get across in a written post. Smilies help, and perhaps don't get used enough. Where we fall into disaster is where we aren't discussing photography. And even then sometimes.....

There are a lot of very friendly people on this forum, happy to share their knowledge, including the PU Team.
Best regards, John

RussV

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 11:54
There is always daily activity in the Gallery with new pictures and comments. All that is excluded from the 'Recent activity' page which seems totally illogical to me and helps give the impression not much is happening.
www.russv.me.uk
Last Edited by RussV on 03/07/2014 - 12:01
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.