Please Sort It Out

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 14:25
Blythman wrote:
Its the nature of a lot of the gossip thats stops me participating on the new forum. Guess as a forum it will eventually mature (or die). Certainly don't rule out participating in the future.

I've resisted the urge to visit that site because of the 'us and them' attitude that is prevalent on there. Plus there has been one case that left a very sour taste in my mouth
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Last Edited by ilovesaabs on 02/07/2014 - 14:25

Gwyn

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 14:46
joshwa wrote:

We are going to be looking at ways of improving Pentax User / learning from what has happened - over the next couple of weeks, but just because it's behind the scenes and being discussed doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Someone suggested a Pentax User (site) survey, which we may be doing to see how we can improve the site. Someone else pointed out that articles haven't been updated for a while, and although reviews have been, we will also be looking at this.

We do value members on here, and love it when people post photos on here, so please do keep sharing your photos / posting in the forum etc

Thankyou for posting Josh. I look forward to hearing more over the next few weeks.

Blythman

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 14:54
joshwa wrote:
Blythman wrote:
Disappointed if there hasn't been some learning taken on board on here following recent activities

We are going to be looking at ways of improving Pentax User / learning from what has happened - over the next couple of weeks, but just because it's behind the scenes and being discussed doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Someone suggested a Pentax User (site) survey, which we may be doing to see how we can improve the site. Someone else pointed out that articles haven't been updated for a while, and although reviews have been, we will also be looking at this.

We do value members on here, and love it when people post photos on here, so please do keep sharing your photos / posting in the forum etc

Thanks for the feedback. Work in progress is much more re-assuring than ......

Quote:
It's already sorted out

Alan

PPG
Flickr

davidstorm

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 18:09
Thanks from me too for the feedback from Joshwa, this is the tone we have been wanting to hear and it is at least reassuring that opinions don't seem to be getting completely ignored.

I too have reservations about some of the attitudes and posts made by some members and also by the tone of some posts on the other Forum, but also I could say the same about some posts made on here by the Moderators.

We need to find a happy medium whereby we can have lively and challenging debate that stimulates discussion but doesn't step over the line into rudeness or personal attacks, which it has done on some occasions.

We need more skilled photographers on this Forum and the site in general, we cannot afford to lose them to other sites. Pentax have few to start with, so losing a significant percentage is going to hurt!

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

McGregNi

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 18:22
Everyone's still there and here David, there's just a period of confusion and some positioning going on. We're all still the same people, Pentax shooters. There's no point in the uk community being fractured and split along these sort of lines. Lets hope that the work in progress referred to here will go towards helping people to come back.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 18:39
How daft to get all cross and girly over a simple hobby like photography. People need to give themselves a good talking to.

As my dear old mum used to say: "If that's all you've got to worry about then things can't be all that bad."

Not everything matters and some things matter much less than we think.

Like Nigel, I do hope the exiles return soon.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

Special_Fried_Rice

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 18:56
This thread explains a lot. When I asked a question about it before, the thread was removed!
死了嗎?有一個在油炸,素食豆腐的部分更多的生命!

fritzthedog

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 19:17
Do I want to leave - No
Do I want change for the better - Yes
Do I want my favorite forum to get back on track - Oh Yes!

Nuff said

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

jeffstclair

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 19:57
I've been busy working , What did I miss? ....jeff

McGregNi

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 20:05
Ahhh, its been emotional Jeff ...
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Gwyn

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 20:06
fritzthedog wrote:
Do I want to leave - No
Do I want change for the better - Yes
Do I want my favorite forum to get back on track - Oh Yes!

Nuff said

Carl

What he said ^^

techno-terminator

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 20:35
Total agreement
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

Marat

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 20:44
It’s kind a like puttin’ gas in a car that you’ve already wrecked.

You plant a tater, you get a tater.

fritzthedog

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 21:13
Marat wrote:
It’s kind a like puttin’ gas in a car that you’ve already wrecked.

You plant a tater, you get a tater.

You will have to forgive me questioning your motives for a comment like that Jim (especially from a member who joined yesterday).

If you truly believe this forum is wrecked and beyond hope - what are you doing here?

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

McGregNi

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 21:19
There's a few interesting new members around recently ....
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.