Do you have a question for the Pentax team of experts?

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Old thread causing confusion

jwoodman

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 14:39
Thanks very much for the comment - I have got the Magic Lantern K7 book, and it is certainly helpful.

nik111

Link Posted 22/07/2014 - 10:35
Thanks for all your input everyone. We've sent the questions over to Pentax so will be in touch when we have received a response.

willyolly

Link Posted 06/09/2014 - 17:46
Any idea when some feedback will start? This century or next!

Marat

Link Posted 06/09/2014 - 21:54
willyolly wrote:
Any idea when some feedback will start? This century or next!

The same time as the promised changes to this forum I guess

SteveLedger

Link Posted 07/09/2014 - 00:01
Quote:
You'll have the opportunity to post your questions here for 1 month before we collect all of the questions together to send over to Pentax.

One month from the OP = 12th July 2014
Quote:
Once sent, please allow up to 1 month to receive a response to your question(s).

Up to one month from then = 12th'ish of August 2014

Today = 7th September 2014, almost another month.

Maybe the team responsible for the Pentax FF are answering the questions?

avsrrao

Link Posted 30/12/2014 - 18:26
Need help

I have been a Pentax K-X camera user from 2010. I use the kit lens 18-55 and a telephoto 75-300mm lens.

I want to purchase another lens for low light photography with good DOF to improve my portraits, Macro shots. I have been reviewing the following lenses. However, being a novice not sure about the differences between these lenses and which one to pick up.

1) SMC Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4
2) Pentax SMC DA* 55mm f/1.4 SDM Prime Standard Lens w/ Case for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras
3) SMC Pentax-M 1:2 50mm Camera Lens(Used)
4) SMC Pentax-M 1:1.4 50mm(Used)

Can you please suggest the best lens for me
Thanks in advance

Regards
AVS

johnriley

Link Posted 30/12/2014 - 20:03
Hi AVS

The FA lens is a standard fast lens that will do very nicely, excellent quality, reasonable price.

The DA* lens is a highest grade portrait lens, also usable generally but rather more expensive.

The last two are manual focus and have to be used in stop down mode, so maybe not the best choices for you.

I'd also consider the D-FA 50mm f/2.8 Macro which does all the things any other 50mm lens will do, but focuses very close for macro work.

The DA 50mm f/1.8 is also an excellent lens, but with plastic mount and at a very reasonable price.

So that's four current choices, confusing I know. Personally I would start with the lowest priced, the DA 50mm f/1.8, and see how the 50mm length suited me. It won't be a macro lens, but extension tubes could be used to focus closer. At the current price it's no real risk though.
Best regards, John

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 31/12/2014 - 00:06
Question for "team" Pentax... What are the odds of seeing Pentax **PK** full frame within the next two years? Can that place any statement in writing?

Followed by; not so much a question but a few statements... Can Pentax "bring back" a few of their classic lenses to that they can get the Pentax PK lens number up above fifty available lenses? I've been a Pentax owner since the early 80's, a Ricoh owner since the mid eighties. I would sincerely like to remain with the company, but...

I'm stuck investing considerably more money into full frame either way

Mike-P

Link Posted 31/12/2014 - 11:02
50mpCMOS wrote:
Question for "team" Pentax... What are the odds of seeing Pentax **PK** full frame within the next two years? Can that place any statement in writing?

They can't even answer the questions already here from months ago so it's very unlikely anyone is going to do that.

Totally pointless thread this turned out to be,
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 31/12/2014 - 11:02

gtis

Link Posted 31/12/2014 - 12:39
They can't even answer the questions already here from months ago so it's very unlikely anyone is going to do that.

Totally pointless thread this turned out to be,[/quote]
Hi mike
I totally agree what a waste of time for asking for questions
Ps how's the ankle
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A da* 300 f4 da*50-135 f 2.8 smc 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
Pentax o-gps1

Panasonic Dmc Fz200

wvbarnes

Link Posted 31/12/2014 - 13:36
I'd like to hear from them. Can we assume they've all moved to Germany and France? Who are the local people now, are any on here?
Bill

Algernon

Link Posted 31/12/2014 - 13:44
What day will our bins be collected this week?

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

johnriley

Link Posted 31/12/2014 - 13:50
I've put in an enquiry so hopefully there will be a response quite soon.
Best regards, John

davem

Link Posted 31/12/2014 - 19:17
we can use Google translator if they are now based abroad

wvbarnes

Link Posted 31/12/2014 - 19:43
davem wrote:
we can use Google translator if they are now based abroad

I think an expenses paid outing to Pentax Europe HQ would be nice as an apology. We will then all say nice things about them.
Bill
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Old thread causing confusion