Pentax DA 12-35mm WR DC


K10D

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 05:57
The lens, when available, will sell and probably sell well.

For those who don't see the point or reason, you have choices.

It would appear that there are plenty of Pentax users who have other lens needs. That's fine and is still open to choices.

I would imagine that if Pentax introduced a 400f5.6 or f4, that also would be a four figure price item.

Best regards

Algernon

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 15:11
mille19 wrote:
I'd be happy with a 400mm F5.6 prime!!

PENTAX SMC 'A Series' 400mm F/5.6 on Ebay in Taiwan for only 660
Looks GOOD! Looks MINT! but NOT SOLD with 1.5 Days
to go........ and people wonder why Pentax don't do long lenses?

link
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 24/12/2010 - 15:12

Mike-P

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 16:00
Algernon wrote:
mille19 wrote:
I'd be happy with a 400mm F5.6 prime!!

PENTAX SMC 'A Series' 400mm F/5.6 on Ebay in Taiwan for only 660
Looks GOOD! Looks MINT! but NOT SOLD with 1.5 Days
to go........ and people wonder why Pentax don't do long lenses?


I have just spent over a grand on probably the best DSLR Pentax have made .. the main reason for that was because of the faster and more accurate autofocus.

Why would I want to put a non weather sealed manual focus lens on it?

If people want longer lenses then fine .. if they want wider then that is also good but eventually Pentax should be catering for all.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 24/12/2010 - 16:02

Algernon

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 16:22
Mike-P wrote:
I have just spent over a grand on probably the best DSLR Pentax have made .. the main reason for that was because of the faster and more accurate autofocus.

Why would I want to put a non weather sealed manual focus lens on it?

If people want longer lenses then fine .. if they want wider then that is also good but eventually Pentax should be catering for all.

The Canon people have that sorted link

Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

johnriley

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 16:32
Lens capes are available but I've never actually used one.
Best regards, John

Mike-P

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 16:46
Algernon wrote:
The Canon people have that sorted link

Great, I will grab one and put it on my Pentax autofocus 400mm/500mm lens then .. oh wait, I can't can I because Pentax don't actually make one.

I really don't see the problem here .. people have asked for a longish lens made by Pentax and others are getting all defensive about it. If they decide to make one then great and if not then people will move on to a brand that can provide what they want.

Simple really.

Actually, thinking about it a bit more .. Pentax revamped the FA* 200mm f2.8 and named it the DA* 200mm f2.8 so why not the 400mm f5.6?

Would it be that expensive to do?
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 24/12/2010 - 17:01

Algernon

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 18:09
Mike-P wrote:
Algernon wrote:
The Canon people have that sorted link

I really don't see the problem here .. people have asked for a longish lens made by Pentax and others are getting all defensive about it. If they decide to make one then great and if not then people will move on to a brand that can provide what they want.

Well if they move to Canon they can buy a nice cape to keep the lens dry

It happened before when the Canon AE-1 came out they all said shutter priority was better for the long 600mm f.2.8 lenses they wanted to buy instead of aperture priority that everyone else was using. Later when they realised how much the lenses cost they never bought them and Canon brought out the A-1 with shutter and aperture priority so that people didn't jump ship

Maybe Pentax are going to bring out big lenses they actually have film of Mark Dimalanta using a massive zoom (possibly 250-600mm) on the Pentaxians site link

The 'A' 400mm f/5.6 doesn't look bad. If it was in this country I'd go for it myself. sample pics by a guy who wrote a review on Pentax forums.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 24/12/2010 - 18:10

Mike-P

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 18:45
The majority of people here wanting a longish lens aren't looking to get a 600mm f2.8 or 250-600mm .. I have a A*300mm f2.8 and teamed up with the 1.7x TC its fantastic but bloody heavy, which is why it rarely goes anywhere. Personally I am looking for something like Canons 100-400mm which is a decent focal length, size and weight. If Canon can retail that L lens for just over a grand I am sure Pentax can get close with a DA* version.

Anyway .. at the moment it seems my K-5 has got lost somewhere between Mifsuds and Johnsons so any lens is the least of my worries
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

helios

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 19:42
Mike-P wrote:



Anyway .. at the moment it seems my K-5 has got lost somewhere between Mifsuds and Johnsons so any lens is the least of my worries

You have my sympathy Mike. At least mine is not lost, it has reached Johnsons Phototia but they have shut up shop for the festive season and do not reopen till 4th January. Hope I get it (or a replacement) in time for my trip to Australia in the middle of January.
Archie

rparmar

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 20:43
Mike-P wrote:
Why would I want to put a non weather sealed manual focus lens on it?

To take pictures perhaps? At a cost far less than any alternative?

What is with all the trolls anyway?
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.

Mike-P

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 21:09
rparmar wrote:
Mike-P wrote:
Why would I want to put a non weather sealed manual focus lens on it?

To take pictures perhaps? At a cost far less than any alternative?

I was aking why I would want to use such a lens on my camera .. what you prefer to do is of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever .. rather like most of your posts.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 21:18
Chill guys it's Christmas, good will to all pentaxians how ever they choose to use their equipment.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

Mike-P

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 21:19
SteveEveritt wrote:
Chill guys it's Christmas, good will to all pentaxians how ever they choose to use their equipment.

Indeed .. off to wrap the presents now.

Have a good one
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

rparmar

Link Posted 25/12/2010 - 01:35
Mike-P wrote:
I was aking why I would want to use such a lens on my camera .. what you prefer to do is of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever .. rather like most of your posts.

Yet you are the one off topic, trolling in fact. Please check the thread title in case this confuses you.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.

mph555l

Link Posted 25/12/2010 - 07:55
Back to the original thread for a bit. I'm rather looking forward to a 12-35 mm. I hope it goes into production and does not cost a fortune.

Happy Christmas one and all.

/Ian
K10D & Super A user.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.