One picture at a time, please

Tobio

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:20
I think robbie_d has spoken some words of wisdom here. I agree with what he said, though I must say I sometimes take critique in a wrong way and I sometimes give quick fire critique that misses.

Regards,
Tobio
Best regards,
Tobio

K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Last Edited by Tobio on 25/06/2010 - 22:22

pete

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:36
On the RPS site there is a section for viewing LRPS, ARPS and FRPS panels.
These obviously include multiple images, some are panels with a theme others are panels of individual images. Personally I dont mind whether there is one image or ten images in a set. I value the comments from members so long may it continue.

johnriley

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:38
I don't know why these threads descend into over-reaction like this. We have to accept that it is reasonable for people to express their views.

Feel free to disagree, and express yours as well.

As long as it's discussion it's fine, but when it becomes argument that's a different matter again.

I think the idea that you abandon ship because of the opinion of maybe three out of ten thousand members is IMHO over-reaction, and I too am entitled to an opinion. That doesn't make the forum less friendly.

Again, feel free to disagree, but in the right spirit of things.
Best regards, John

pink

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:40
Can we please get on topic This thread was all about the number of Images posted on a single thread not back stabbing, people looking for good feed back all the time. This is the best photography forum on the web.

I joined pentax photo forum and only got 4 hello's and welcome's and two of them there users from this site.

This is a valuable forum for information,advice and I like to think friends and it's all down to it's members.

if you don't like a thread with more than two images on it stay away from it.

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
Last Edited by pink on 25/06/2010 - 22:41

K10D

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:41
Stop the press.

I was speaking for me.

I am not upset.

I do agree with the OP. It stopped me in my tracks and raised a question.

Absolutely, it reads both ways. (excuse me for listening to Ellie Goulding while I type)....(iPOD plus Sennheisers with a K7 in yer mits is the way I am now shooting) crackerjack or what? Please dont comment on that as yer wastin fingerprints.

I am reviewing my images.

Have a cracking weekend!

BBQ at my place tomorrow. drinks & food is free (of course).

PM me tonight for address.

Pre-leaving do, as I have to go to the other side of the world.....

Best wishes, regards and respect.

Gary

robbie_d

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:41
pete wrote:
On the RPS site there is a section for viewing LRPS, ARPS and FRPS panels.
These obviously include multiple images, some are panels with a theme others are panels of individual images. Personally I dont mind whether there is one image or ten images in a set. I value the comments from members so long may it continue.

I might be being a little slow (it is getting late!), but what do RPS, LRPS, ARPS and FRPS stand for?
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

mikew

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:45
Royal Photographic Society et al
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

johnriley

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:45
Royal Photographic Society
Licentiate of theRPS
Associateship....
Fellow of the....

These are RPS awards, but to keep the award you need to keep paying the membership fee every year. Is this still around 100 per annum?
Best regards, John

robbie_d

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:47
Cheers guys.

Apparently.

fatspider

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:50
robbie_d wrote:
Cheers guys.

I dont think thats needed Rob, its just well deserved praise for a post with some thought behind it, most of my post are made with cotton wool between the ears
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

K10D

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:51
fatspider wrote:
robbie_d wrote:
Cheers guys.

I dont think thats needed Rob, its just well deserved praise for a post with some thought behind it, most of my post are made with cotton wool between the ears

Your within 50 mile driving distance!

Yum Yum, slurp slurp!!!!!!

pete

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:51
Rps membership is around 100 per year. Not that I am member but I do look at the pictures taken by their members, some incidentally use Pentax equipment

robbie_d

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 22:52
fatspider wrote:
robbie_d wrote:
Cheers guys.

I was thanking John and Mike for answering my query about RPS, etc.!

Apparently.

K10D

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 23:00
robbie_d wrote:
fatspider wrote:
Quote:
Cheers guys.

I was thanking John and Mike for answering my query about RPS, etc.!

Any sense of direction here?

BBQ@ TS19 tomorrow night............

fatspider

Link Posted 25/06/2010 - 23:03
Quote:
I was thanking John and Mike for answering my query about RPS

Quote:
Any sense of direction here

I dont know why we have a topic called "Another Pointless Thread", they all seem to become pointless eventually
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.