Another pointless thread

bforbes

Link Posted 06/08/2022 - 19:50
bforbes wrote:
I've just started a John Smiths Extra Smooth. Cold gassy (with a head on) and clear

I've just finished a John Smiths Extra Smooth. Cold gassy (with a head on) and clear
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Hardgravity

Link Posted 07/08/2022 - 11:39
Several years back we arrived in belgium a good few hours early for our ferry, so decided to have some lunch in a local bar. Good food, but the only beer was Stella..

a couple of pints later, it turned out to be OK, and we were on the way to the ferry.

Once onboard I ordered a Stella in the bar.

What a mistake!!

The Belgium stuff was brewed in a local brewery, whilst the stuff on the ferry was a UK brew..

..that tasted like they'd used water from the local privvies.

Moral is, UK lagers, or is that laaargers are best drunk when the good stuff runs out..

HG
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 07/08/2022 - 11:56
The mini keg of Wye Valley Butty Bach went down very well (and very quickly) yesterday - highly recommended

And as HardGravity has brought up the subject of Lagers (not usually my tipple) - On Friday lunchtime I tried a pint of "1985" Lager from Wye Valley brewery (again) - absolutely nothing like the watery and weak tasting offerings I remember from years ago - very tasty, clean and moreish

It's starting to look as though I'm developing another problem (apart from my LBA) - BLD - Beer and Lager Drinking
LennyBloke

Hardgravity

Link Posted 07/08/2022 - 11:57
And the guy I used to work with who went to Prague and drank Stella..

.."coz all the local stuff was budwiser and I don't like Bud's.."

He just had no idea..
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 13:43
LennyBloke wrote:
The mini keg of Wye Valley Butty Bach went down very well (and very quickly) yesterday - highly recommended

And as HardGravity has brought up the subject of Lagers (not usually my tipple) - On Friday lunchtime I tried a pint of "1985" Lager from Wye Valley brewery (again) - absolutely nothing like the watery and weak tasting offerings I remember from years ago - very tasty, clean and moreish

It's starting to look as though I'm developing another problem (apart from my LBA) - BLD - Beer and Lager Drinking

Shouldn't that read "BALD", or is that an entirely different problem?

LennyBloke

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 14:27
Benz3ne wrote:

.....Shouldn't that read "BALD", or is that an entirely different problem?

Different problem - Beer promotes hair growth
LennyBloke

vic cross

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 14:34
To Dave. Your friend when in Prague should have had "Pilsener Urquell" (Urquell Means original) From the city of Pilsen. OR he should have tried the beer from Cesky Budejovice "BUDVA". that is the origins of that "STUFF" Budwiser UCH. A long time ago a man left the Budva brewery and went to Germany where he brewed beer. He then went on to USA and Budwiser was born Again UCH. Back in the sixties Buwiser tried to buy Budva but the Government wouldn't let them. BUT it now looks as though they have. In Lidl a few weeks ago there was some beer for sale which was called "Budwiser origonal Budva" NOT TRUE. There was also another beer in Prague which was a dark beer which was 12%. That was strong. You gotta remember I'm in my 80's and travelled to many countries in my working life. From the 60's through to 2004 so I've tried them all.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 19:51
Well I'm sat in the garden, just had a paella from the BBQ kitchen and have a glass of white wine in hand.

If only the kids could mute themselves for a few hours it'd be ace!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Flickr
Instagram

My PPG
Foundation NFT

womble

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 21:27
cardiffgareth wrote:

Like many things in life the solution is duck tape...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 21:56
womble wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:

Like many things in life the solution is duck tape...

And if you happen to have 3 rolls of duck tape you have the solution to all problems...

See no evil
Hear no evil
Speak no evil

But when removed you have no eyebrows, red ears and bleeding lips
LennyBloke

davidwozhere

Link Posted 09/08/2022 - 00:34
".....But when removed you have no eyebrows, red ears and bleeding lips "

And a desperate need for a beer !!!!!!!!!!!!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 10/08/2022 - 21:56
Ha, so true! Explain that one to the wife

On a different note my wife was on her phone scrolling through FB when she said to me "That's your image". Turns out a street artist had painted one of my images as a super size painting on boarding around some building work in the local town. I drove down and took some images and then contacted the council to find out if they commissioned it and I get a call from the man who did it today. Got a bit tense on the phone, he couldn't see he had done anything wrong and even said to me in so many words what's the fuss, it's just a photo! After a chat we've decided that when it goes onto their FB page, as they have a rather large following, that I'll be included as a collaboration between us both with a link to me and where the image can be bought. The work was really good so they should have known better as an artist to lift an image off the internet and also about intellectual property copyright. On the plus side he said he'll never use any of my images again in the future as I had the right hump about it.

Kinda lost for words with the attitude !
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Flickr
Instagram

My PPG
Foundation NFT

RobL

Link Posted 10/08/2022 - 22:15
I would tell the company who commissioned the work that you have not agreed to your photo’s use and they are in breach of copyright. Tell them you have spoken with the painter and given his attitude you are not minded to give permission and the only acceptable solution would be for the painting to be whitewashed. I personally wouldn’t get involved in any joint venture to save his face, you are letting him get away with it and diminishing the significance of rights theft. I guess the painter is being paid so why should he benefit from your work?
Last Edited by RobL on 10/08/2022 - 22:18

HarisF1

Link Posted 10/08/2022 - 22:29
I wish someone stole my pictures.

(I wish they were good enough to steal!)
All the gear with no idea

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/08/2022 - 23:21
A domestic insurance policy I once had included cover for works of art. If the artist died, the amount of cover immediately doubled. They understood a fundamental truth that many of us don't appreciate: your pictures will only be worth much when you're not around to benefit from it .

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.