Another pointless thread

Flan

Link Posted 10/07/2022 - 22:28
Too hot today Lubbyman, so the beer was always in front once the cap was released

RobL

Link Posted 11/07/2022 - 16:51
Yesterday I decided was right for a g&t in the garden but itís been a long time since I made one. I emptied the refrigerated tonic water cans into glasses and just topped up to the brims with the gin, chucked in lemon slices and the rest of the afternoon and evening passed in a haze so that probably wasnít right - anyone know the right mix?

bforbes

Link Posted 11/07/2022 - 17:14
RobL wrote:
Yesterday I decided was right for a g&t in the garden but itís been a long time since I made one. I emptied the refrigerated tonic water cans into glasses and just topped up to the brims with the gin, chucked in lemon slices and the rest of the afternoon and evening passed in a haze so that probably wasnít right - anyone know the right mix?

If I liked Gin it would sound right to me
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/07/2022 - 18:51
bforbes wrote:
If I liked Gin it would sound right to me

And to me, too. But the only gins I like are the flavoured ones that Mrs L makes (sloe, blackcurrant, redcurrant...) and you don't add tonic and a slice of lemon to them .

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 11/07/2022 - 22:47
The method was fine but you're not supposed to do it in pint pots!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

bforbes

Link Posted 12/07/2022 - 00:02
davidwozhere wrote:
The method was fine but you're not supposed to do it in pint pots!

Why not!!
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

pschlute

Link Posted 12/07/2022 - 11:31
RobL wrote:

You sound like the perfect host....I am on my way
Peter

My Flickr page

K10D

Link Posted 12/07/2022 - 19:40
About to go and get a pint. I'm at the Kingswood Premier Inn, Hull.

Two years ago this week I wrote:

"Posted 14/07/2020 - 22:05
Home tommorow.

Reasonable weather here. Sat there with a pint and pondered.

The last light of day elicits the culmination of a 24-hour chapter which bore neither agenda nor reprise. A singular zenith illuminating a fleeting episode of viable reflection.

The life we live. "

Now I've learned to spell tomorrow.

and I am home tomorrow..........

RobL

Link Posted 16/07/2022 - 07:45
Here is something I find curious: I sell images through Shutterstock and the latest download is from Kyiv, Ukraine. Subject: Starship Enterprise. I would love to know in what context that is being used.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 18/07/2022 - 11:49
Has any forum member from the UK melted yet?

Anyone remember the long, hot, dry summer of 1976 with its plague of ladybirds, judges sitting without their wigs on and a government Minister for Drought?

Any suggestions for how to store the current heat and use it in the winter to keep heating bills down?

And does any non-UK forum member from a hot country have any advice for heat-challenged UK folk? Or are you just smiling at how we Brits always find something weather-related to moan about, be it hot, cold, wet, dry or even just the normal, variable mess that the north Atlantic throws at us?

Steve

johnriley

Link Posted 18/07/2022 - 12:09
I have been to the Aswan Dam, where the temperature hit 50C and that was at the point of being unbearable. Despite that, I think it's too hot at 30C to venture out today, so I'm hiding in my computer room writing reviews. A little later I'll be shooting studio based images and much later on I might venture out to to shoot some sample images.

But it's lunch time now, so time for a refreshing cup of tea. (The very English answer to everything.....)
Best regards, John

K10D

Link Posted 18/07/2022 - 20:18
Down in Essex. It's comfy with excess therms floating about. We are expecting higher heat tomorrow. It's like the good old days around the Gulf.

Unless otherwise marked, 60079-14 standard states that the ambient range for Ex certified apparatus for use in explosive atmospheres in the UK is -20'C to +40'C, so we are still within spec.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 18/07/2022 - 23:46
It's nearly midnight and it's still at the higher end of that spec ! .... Will I go 'BANG' tomorrow do you think?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

RobL

Link Posted 19/07/2022 - 08:32
I think itís down to all the hot air coming from Parliament this week, Labour, SNP, LibDems, backstabbing Tories, the whole bloody lot of them. The eternal conundrum is whoever believes they are suited to be elected there should be automatically disqualified for that reason.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 19/07/2022 - 22:19
41.5c in the shade here this afternoon, just the right excuse for a pint of g'n't...
What's all the fuss about?
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.