Another pointless thread

Benz3ne

Link Posted 28/10/2021 - 22:01
Sending well wishes to you Gareth.
Hope you turn the corner sooner rather than later keep smashing that food down you, keep those energy levels up as best you can.

OldTaffy

Link Posted 04/11/2021 - 17:34
Battered - but not like cod.

I hope you are recovering by now Gareth. I am coming back slowly.

We were on holiday last month near Whitby. One day I was pottering about the village with camera, binoculars and other clobber. I planned to look out for my wife, doing the rounds of friends, so I headed for the terrace of village pub. Lost balance at top of stone steps and ended up head-down at bottom. Smashed specs but camera etc OK. Lots of blood from scalp, so they sat me down in pub where the local lifeboat first-aider cleaned face up a bit and put on some dressings.
We went back to our cottage and I felt OK, but for the next 10 days I experienced most of the miseries of concussion and a black eye. Eventually I was well enough to drive us the 240 miles home, so we bought fish & chips at Sleights and ate it in parking area at top of Blue Bank. (Delicious f&c - as good as we have had anywhere). My wife decided to look at the packed luggage when a gust of wind whipped the tailgate of our hatchback vertical, breaking the struts, and then dropping it onto her back. Not on her head fortunately - she has enough painful medical problems already.
A few days after getting home I was ill again with fever. Soon realised that I was developing same symptoms as when I was sent into hospital with sepsis two years ago, so I got scared. Tried to phone doctor but all phones at our GP practice were out of order for a day. Finally got to see him yesterday, when fever was easing. He reassured me that I did not have sepsis, and he carefully checked me for brain damage. Blood tests booked for tomorrow. After that I hope to be back in circulation, and uploading from KS2 to computer...

Martin.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
Last Edited by OldTaffy on 04/11/2021 - 17:42

davidwozhere

Link Posted 05/11/2021 - 00:15
Ouch! I am so sorry to read your tale of woe. With luck that's your quota up so I hope you both make happy recoveries.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

redbusa99

Link Posted 05/11/2021 - 09:15
hope all goes well for you all. Gareth, my grandson has now tested positive 3 times from school every time with no symptoms and did not develope any. Sounds like you are between devil and deep blue sea mate, covid and kids. You just take it steady and get well.
Martin, did something similar on holiday in Dawlish but not as serious as yours just ended up with cuts to arm and rotator cuff injury to shoulder. Trust scans and whatever else they do show you are ok and hope your poor wife recovers as well .The boot lid on the head is can be nasty.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 05/11/2021 - 21:57
Yikes Martin, you certainly are in the wars Here's to a speedy full recovery for you.

I just read the comments, I'm feeling a lot better now all

I get fatigued easy but I'm finding the longer it goes on the less I become but sleep comes very easy to me at the mo which I'm not knocking! At it's peak I was nearly passing out when trying to do simple tasks like putting a home delivery away as it was that draining on me. My wife couldn't do it as she tested positive about a week after me. It went through our whole household. I'm back in work in the school but on my lunch break I have a little snooze in the classroom as I need it! Covid is still rife in the school and I feel for the parents as UK government says the kids have to go to school and to not fear Covid as when kids get it they generally have mild symptoms but the kids bring Covid home back to their family and it's the parents that then get it and become poorly. Until Covid is managed somehow in schools then it won't go away and it's passing from one household to 2 to 50 as the kids mix and spread it around.

On the plus side, got out with the camera today, first time in a while with the big full frame Pentax and the backpack it all lives in, luckily the distance from car to subjects was small so wasn't too much of a lug about as I can't do that at the mo which is super frustrating
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

bforbes

Link Posted 05/11/2021 - 22:25
cardiffgareth wrote:
Yikes Martin, you certainly are in the wars Here's to a speedy full recovery for you.

I just read the comments, I'm feeling a lot better now all

I get fatigued easy but I'm finding the longer it goes on the less I become but sleep comes very easy to me at the mo which I'm not knocking! At it's peak I was nearly passing out when trying to do simple tasks like putting a home delivery away as it was that draining on me. My wife couldn't do it as she tested positive about a week after me. It went through our whole household. I'm back in work in the school but on my lunch break I have a little snooze in the classroom as I need it! Covid is still rife in the school and I feel for the parents as UK government says the kids have to go to school and to not fear Covid as when kids get it they generally have mild symptoms but the kids bring Covid home back to their family and it's the parents that then get it and become poorly. Until Covid is managed somehow in schools then it won't go away and it's passing from one household to 2 to 50 as the kids mix and spread it around.

On the plus side, got out with the camera today, first time in a while with the big full frame Pentax and the backpack it all lives in, luckily the distance from car to subjects was small so wasn't too much of a lug about as I can't do that at the mo which is super frustrating

Gan Canny
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Lubbyman

Link Posted 06/11/2021 - 22:45
Good to see you back in circulation, Gareth.

Take it easy (if the kids will let you!), one step at a time, an occasional bit of light photographic therapy, listen to what your body is telling you, etc. etc. And like any sensible man, pay attention to what the lady in your life says - they're usually right .

Steve

johnriley

Link Posted 07/11/2021 - 00:07
Glad to hear you're up and about Gareth. I guess it will be one step at a time, but hopefully you are well on the way to recovery.
Best regards, John

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 07/11/2021 - 21:48
Thanks both. Certainly feel a lot better John and more positive but I think it's going to be a while till I'm back to full strength and feel more stronger.

Steve - that did make me laugh re SWMBO! When she found out I was trying to do housework etc when she was out and then felt 10 times worse than when I started she went nuts on me!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Hardgravity

Link Posted 09/11/2021 - 10:02
Hope all's going well for you guys.

HG
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 09/11/2021 - 10:40
I hope you'll both (Taffy and Gareth) back to full working order soon....

...and everyone else, keep safe - we're at risk of becoming conditioned to accept the number of Covid cases (and unfortunately deaths), and as Gareth has demonstrated it hasn't gone away and won't anytime soon - as individuals we can't stop it but we can do our best to prevent it spreading.
LennyBloke

Lubbyman

Link Posted 09/11/2021 - 17:30
Well said, LennyBloke . A number of people have said to me that we've got to get on with our lives, we can't be taking precautions forever. Makes me wonder whether they bother taking precautions when driving - all that business about staying on the left hand side of the road, overtaking on the right, keeping to the speed limit etc. is so irksome...

Steve

HarisF1

Link Posted 09/11/2021 - 17:51
Schools are pretty much back to normal now with no masks or bubbles so it can be easy to forget how dangerous the virus still is.
All the gear with no idea

OldTaffy

Link Posted 10/11/2021 - 22:21
Thank goodness we do not have Alexa in our home. I would not like to have her listening in to my rages, obscenities, blasphemies, bawdy songs and casual swearing.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/11/2021 - 23:12
Maybe she has a similar repertoire for use when the situation requires it...

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.