Another pointless thread

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/09/2021 - 18:23
RobL wrote:
told me the cost and I realised I had been wildly optimistic

Sounds typical of quotes for construction work at the moment. A neighbour got a quote for a 50ft wooden fence from a local company they had used before. 2,000 for 50ft, mainly materials. That's 40 / ft. So the old fence is now propped up until the price of wood and other materials drops.

Steve

spinno

Link Posted 11/09/2021 - 21:47
Lubbyman wrote:
RobL wrote:
told me the cost and I realised I had been wildly optimistic

Sounds typical of quotes for construction work at the moment. A neighbour got a quote for a 50ft wooden fence from a local company they had used before. 2,000 for 50ft, mainly materials. That's 40 / ft. So the old fence is now propped up until the price of wood and other materials drops.

Steve

Let's hope the price falls before the fence does...
David

redbusa99

Link Posted 12/09/2021 - 10:36
A friend of mine has his own maintainence business and was on about the price he has to pay for fence panels , posts and even the postcrete have all rocketed . He is loosing work because people can't or won't pay the prices he is forced to charge due to it if he wants to make a profit
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 13/09/2021 - 10:01
I built a pergola and the price of the wood was obscene. Where I bought the wood was a timber merchant and the postcrete price wasn't too bad but when I looked at B&Q as I was short a bag and needed more, their price was over double that of the timber merchants, also they were limiting their bags to 3 per customer, no good if you're putting fencing up or in my case a large pergola! Priced up decking to go under the pergola, I needed something like 20 lengths of 4.8m and 20 lengths of the 3.2m, plus about 10 lengths of 4x2 in 4.8m to make the subframe for the decking to lay on. All over my old patio so no postcrete. The wood alone was over 850!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.