Another pointless thread

Hardgravity

Link Posted 26/09/2021 - 15:10
You're as old as you feel...

...and just for you..

She's a little old with a few battle scars but still great fun to ride.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

OldTaffy

Link Posted 26/09/2021 - 18:01
Hardgravity wrote:
I've a R65LS from 1983 and a slightly newer R9T Pure from 2019.
Both ought new and sharing the shed with my YamahaRD400f. ...
Nine is the only one currently on the road.

Nice looking bike. I assume that is Bass Rock on the horizon, though I am not sure why it seems to be sliding downhill.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 26/09/2021 - 19:53
OldTaffy wrote:
Hardgravity wrote:
I've a R65LS from 1983 and a slightly newer R9T Pure from 2019.
Both ought new and sharing the shed with my YamahaRD400f. ...
Nine is the only one currently on the road.

Nice looking bike. I assume that is Bass Rock on the horizon, though I am not sure why it seems to be sliding downhill.

Sorry, it's Ailsa Craig last month.
Cheers, HG

Hardgravity

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 07:43
..and it wastaken on a phone, I never thought to look at the horizon..
Cheers, HG

Lubbyman

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 20:27
Plenty of fuel at Harrogate Sainsbury's today, but plenty of people trying to get it. At least I've now got enough to do the 300+ miles home in a few days time.

But elsewhere nearby ... several independents closed, traffic queuing to get into another one backing up and blocking a main road. Insanity!

Steve

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 22:55
And I had a K70 RT. Loved that bike, shaftie but, by the cringe, she was heavy! Smooth as silk though.

Be well, stay well.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 09:46
I always liked the original 'K' series, but being short in the leg never felt comfortable riding them, that's why I went for my R65ls.

And on a more serious note, my beer delivery has just arrived, the driver said the brewery knew where to get fuel.

Result!
Cheers, HG

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 13:06
Now that's a lovely bike, Hardgravity, sweet. There is something about BM's isn't there? After selling the RT I moved on to a Pan. Loved that as well, über smooth. However, the job got in the way and I was doing a fair bit of globe trotting so it was not being used. Hence me selling it.

I stopped travelling and went for my final bike, a Kawasaki VN900. Tricked her up a bit as well as you can see. God, I could pose on that thing. And yes, I am a tart for things chrome-y.

As for the more important point, glad your beer delivery made it.
Be well, stay well.
Last Edited by Urbanmeister on 28/09/2021 - 13:11

Hardgravity

Link Posted 30/09/2021 - 09:43
That VN900 looks like a comfy mile muncher, just the thing for long roads and sunshine.

As well as th beer the latest wood delivery is now in the sheds, and our neighbours helped shift it so, as a thank you, we hit the beer and made a slight dent in the number of bottles..
Cheers, HG

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 06/10/2021 - 12:32
Hardgravity wrote:
That VN900 looks like a comfy mile muncher, just the thing for long roads and sunshine.

As well as th beer the latest wood delivery is now in the sheds, and our neighbours helped shift it so, as a thank you, we hit the beer and made a slight dent in the number of bottles..

'Hit the beer'... well, it's the law so you had to do it.

As for the VN900, you're right it was a comfy mile muncher. I had the seats uprated to make it even more so. I always remember posing on the bike as I stopped by a zebra crossing to allow some folk to cross. They were admiring the bike. I was posing. They crossed and stopped to look at the bike as I was about to ride away. I was posing. Let out the clutch to ride away - and stalled. They laughed. I stopped posing. Swore. Fortunately I had a full-face lid which hid my embarrassment. Restarted the bike, rode away. Started posing again. You can do that on a chrome-y cruiser.
Be well, stay well.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 20/10/2021 - 18:49
Two weeks without anything pointless happening? Or is everyone too busy disturbing the peace by riding noisy, shiny motor bikes around?

Steve

bforbes

Link Posted 20/10/2021 - 18:54
How many people have cars with no spare wheel It's alien to me
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 20/10/2021 - 20:36
bforbes wrote:
How many people have cars with no spare wheel It's alien to me

My Mazda MX5 has no spare wheel and no room to carry one, I have to trust in a can of sealant, little compressor, backed up by recovery.

My Skoda Karoq is also sold without a spare wheel but I did buy a space saver that is sold as an optional extra and the car has space to carry one. Apparently a spare is not fitted as standard to keep weight to an absolute minimum and maximise mpg.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70

bforbes

Link Posted 20/10/2021 - 20:56
PRYorkshire wrote:

My Skoda Karoq is also sold without a spare wheel but I did buy a space saver that is sold as an optional extra and the car has space to carry one. Apparently a spare is not fitted as standard to keep weight to an absolute minimum and maximise mpg.

I just got the Yeti which seems to have space for half a space saver wheel, very strange. I've bought the tin of gunge, but it's a good point about the compressor.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

davidwozhere

Link Posted 21/10/2021 - 00:12
I have a brand spanking 'new' spare wheel and tyre in the back of my Skoda Octavia. It comes out now and then to check the pressure. Given that it has been there for twelve years how safe would it be to actually use it?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.