Another pointless thread

RobL

Link Posted 11/11/2021 - 08:02
Lubbyman wrote:
Maybe she has a similar repertoire for use when the situation requires it...

Steve

I doubt she could match my repertoire when I trapped my fingers in the car boot. Trying to trace the cause of an annoying rattle I fiddled with the adjustment for the soft-close hydraulic boot lid but next time I went to open it the lid pressed down on the fingers of my right hand instead of opening! Very painful and after a few weeks the swelling went down but they haven’t been quite the same since. To add insult to injury I later found the rattle came from somewhere else.
Last Edited by RobL on 11/11/2021 - 08:03

womble

Link Posted 11/11/2021 - 19:44
Now here is something you don't see every day any more. A pro photographer (I assume) using Pentax 67iis on a photoshoot with an assistant handing him a freshly loaded body every time he finished a roll. He didn't even have to collapse his own tripod...

the photographer par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/11/2021 - 13:38
But surely, when you're taking archaeological photos professionally, there's a student ready to hand you a new camera with fresh memory card when the card you're using becomes full...

Steve

johnriley

Link Posted 12/11/2021 - 14:33
I don't know about that, but Sue still refuses to carry the ladder so I can get a nice elevation to landscape shots. I would gladly have carried her books from school....
Best regards, John

Flan

Link Posted 14/11/2021 - 16:24
just picked up a k1 mk ii yesterday with a shutter count of 405 actuations including battery grip and boxes etc
it was reset to factory
after the long drive home. i played with the settings just to familiarise myself with it
Today i went out and took some photos for the weekly comp sculptural detail, i was blown away by the rear screen detail. i now can see the images clearly so can delete on demand unlike the screen in the K70, which I'm not knocking its just my old eyes.
all exited i came home and loaded the new raw files into the iMac
Guess what , i forgot to format the SD card to my K1 so no photos loaded so i formatted the card in the K1 and it deletes everything
i was just to excited
i still entered the comp with a photo from the k70

HarisF1

Link Posted 14/11/2021 - 19:54
You can probably recover the files using a recovery app.

If the card wasn't formatted after removing from the K-70 it shouldn't affect the shots taken. Perhaps the RAW files from the K-1 used the PEF format instead of the more common DNG.
All the gear with no idea

Flan

Link Posted 14/11/2021 - 21:41
Thanks Harisf1 and i never checked the file format in the camera or remembered to change it to DNG
not the end of the world , but i will get some photos during the week ahead and make sure this time
Im 56 years old and you'd never take me for been giddy but that's what happened with my almost new purchase
Having said that, i love everything about the K1ii , happy days ahead

pschlute

Link Posted 17/11/2021 - 19:59
My eldest dog Rio hurt his paw on the common today. It seems to be just a sprain, so hopefully better in a couple of days.

Ripley, his little brother says he will take charge of security in the meantime

What I need versus what I have

Peter

My Flickr page

Flan

Link Posted 17/11/2021 - 21:18
That's a fantastic pose on both Peter, but the first photoshop photo, is of exquisite proportion any funny
Last Edited by Flan on 17/11/2021 - 21:19

pschlute

Link Posted 17/11/2021 - 22:06
Flan wrote:
That's a fantastic pose on both Peter, but the first photoshop photo, is of exquisite proportion any funny

Thank you but only the second photo can I take any credit for. The first is one I "borrowed" from the internet. It was titled....

" How my dog sees himself when the door bell rings"
Peter

My Flickr page

Flan

Link Posted 17/11/2021 - 22:37
i understand that dog , not wisely but to well

pschlute

Link Posted 25/11/2021 - 21:11
I went along to the new Fabergé exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum today. Absolutely stunning.

If you get the chance do go.
Peter

My Flickr page

skydata

Link Posted 28/11/2021 - 15:40
pschlute wrote:
I went along to the new Fabergé exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum today. Absolutely stunning.

Is it free though, or is it 'reserved' for ticket holders, like the British Museum seem to do
all too regularly ?.

And most people have to navigate through public transport with the Nu/Mu/Xi/Omygod variants
of Covid 19

pschlute

Link Posted 28/11/2021 - 16:50
skydata wrote:
pschlute wrote:

Is it free though, or is it 'reserved' for ticket holders, like the British Museum seem to do
all too regularly ?.

And most people have to navigate through public transport with the Nu/Mu/Xi/Omygod variants
of Covid 19

This exhibition is £18 and you have to book a timed arrival slot. But for an exhibition like this that is essential. Not only can they control numbers for covid reasons, but it also means you can see all the exhibits without having to elbow your way to the front.

Considering there are 200 articles on display, including many that have never left the Kremlin Museum before, and many from private collections, the entrance charge is a bargain. There are 14 of the Imperial eggs on display. The most you can normally see under one roof is at the Kremlin Museum, where they have 10.

The requirement to wear a mask on the tube has never been relaxed and I was pleased to see over 90% compliance, even before the news of the latest variant broke, but I do understand the reluctance in these uncertain times.
Peter

My Flickr page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.