Another pointless thread

Benz3ne

Link Posted 21/10/2021 - 06:35
bforbes wrote:
How many people have cars with no spare wheel It's alien to me

My, now recently former, car was a '68 plate Octavia estate and that came without a spare wheel. I was also worried that I'd pick up a puncture ages away from home.
It's now gone to a new home since I started a new job about 6 months ago, which has resulted in me cycling again for the first time since I was about 16. I've since cycled around 1,250 miles (and counting) and we're not missing the extra vehicle.
Issue is that I now want a new bike... damn.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 21/10/2021 - 06:35

bforbes

Link Posted 21/10/2021 - 10:18
davidwozhere wrote:
Given that it has been there for twelve years how safe would it be to actually use it?

When needs must, I'd say. I know rubber perishes, but from experience it's fatigue that kills a tyre.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

HarisF1

Link Posted 21/10/2021 - 16:36
No space for a spare wheel in my 2008 BMW 3 Series Estate. It comes with run flat tyres instead :/
All the gear with no idea

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 22/10/2021 - 23:10
Wandering to work yesterday morning, it occurred to me that the conker shells raining down from the horse chestnut trees seemed to be aimed towards me.

Have I annoyed any squirrels lately?

I'm not paranoid, but ....
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 24/10/2021 - 00:51
It's not just the shells. Several dual carriageways in Birmingham have conker trees in the central reservation and in windy weather you get pelted with them!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 24/10/2021 - 11:27
Maybe you need a conkbrella?

Think of me, week off work, plans to get into the Brecon Beacons and shoot some mountains and this morning my PCR test came back positive and I have to self isolate for the whole week off. If that wasn't gutting enough - I'll be home with my twin 10 year old boys who have also tested positive as their school is rife with it at the moment. Great - half way into day 1 and they're climbing the walls already and arguing.

Debating buying swamper tyres for the van to cheer myself up.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Lubbyman

Link Posted 24/10/2021 - 14:10
Oooh, not good . I hope you all get over it without anything really nasty happening.

At least the kids are behaving normally. The time to really worry is when they are uncharacteristically quiet. Happened to my brother and sis-in-law recently. They were looking after young grandson while their daughter and husband were away for a few days. Grandson developed suspicious symptoms, very quiet, wouldn't even react to a chocolate sweet. Ended up staying overnight in hospital with his grandmother. Thankfully not Covid. Isolation would have seriously mucked up grandson and his parents returning home - to the USA.

Steve

HarisF1

Link Posted 24/10/2021 - 14:15
cardiffgareth wrote:
Maybe you need a conkbrella?

Think of me, week off work, plans to get into the Brecon Beacons and shoot some mountains and this morning my PCR test came back positive and I have to self isolate for the whole week off. If that wasn't gutting enough - I'll be home with my twin 10 year old boys who have also tested positive as their school is rife with it at the moment. Great - half way into day 1 and they're climbing the walls already and arguing.

Debating buying swamper tyres for the van to cheer myself up.

Half-term break, not the time to pick up a bug but just like clockwork, it happens every time.

Get well soon!
All the gear with no idea

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 24/10/2021 - 14:20
Yeah that wouldn't have been good Steve.

Thankfully I'm just fatigued, weak, no energy, headache. Got a cough that's annoying the hell out of me. Bit of brain fog, I know I joked about it elsewhere but finding I'm getting confused easy and my chest hurts. Track and trace say I need to keep an eye on my breathing which I hope is just a default script to say over the phone and not personalised due to my chest hurting.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 24/10/2021 - 14:42
Try and take things easy if possible Gareth, and give yourself time to recover.

Easier said than done, I know, but speaking to those who have had the virus it seems to take a while to recover and shake off lingering symptoms.

The advice from Track and Trace will be scripted - they are not medical professionals. Do speak to your GP surgery if you're concerned.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 27/10/2021 - 21:33
We're hoping to get away with our family next week, all being well.

The last attempt in August was scuppered by our son and his girlfriend testing positive.

Hang in there Gareth, according to them it will get better.

But the kids will just get worse til they leave home...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Crossed-up

Link Posted 27/10/2021 - 22:05
Yes, take it easy Gareth.
My Images
K1 II|K3|DA10-17|DA*16-50|FA31|DA*50-135|DA*200|DA*300|Sigma 150-500

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 27/10/2021 - 22:13
Thanks all. This is super smashing me. I've had every symptom listed and then some. I'm barely eating as with no taste I'm finding I have no appetite. Worst thing today was muscle twitching in my legs as its attacks my nervous system and mouth sores, they're really horrible.

5 days in, still going downhill. Here's hoping tomorrow is a turning point as this sucks big time
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

bforbes

Link Posted 27/10/2021 - 22:20
Does not sound good Gareth, here's hoping things get better. Our daughter tested positive about a year ago and still gets out of breath.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Sry

Link Posted 28/10/2021 - 21:16
Hang in there Gareth, hoping you get better soon.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.