Another pointless thread


LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 05/04/2021 - 18:07
Despite the drop in temperature during the last few days, we have started what I refer to as the Bong season.

This is when bumble bees get busy, so busy they bong off of the kitchen window.

Poor fellas. Hopefully their wooliness (another word I have made up) means they are cushioned from the worst of the impact and avoid getting a headache.

On days where it is sufficiently warm to have windows open, not today obviously, we open the kitchen windows and the back door. There is a transit line as bees fly through the kitchen and back into the garden without risk of injury.

I like bees.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 05/04/2021 - 20:26
LongTimeLurker wrote:
I like bees.

+1!!

Not had a bong on our living room window yet, but it will come...

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 09/04/2021 - 11:59
just been watching a bee around the marsh marigold in my garden water feature..

...spring's definately on the way
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

HarisF1

Link Posted 09/04/2021 - 12:43
Hardgravity wrote:
just been watching a bee around the marsh marigold in my garden water feature..

...spring's definately on the way

This post reminded me of the Line of Duty hype, can someone spot it

K10D

Link Posted 09/04/2021 - 13:58
Another negative test this morning. Now amassing a lot of lateral flow test kits as each client issues a box of seven tests.

All NHS labelled and made in China with a Chinese certificate of quality. Seriously glad I'm not paying for the cost of all of this kit. May need to look at buying shares in the company though as it's a long term win win cash cow.

RobL

Link Posted 09/04/2021 - 18:08
If they have a Chinese Certificate of Quality then they must be good! I heard of a U.K. couple with a small family firm who became multimillionaires over the last twelve months supplying PPE equipment; at the same time a friend has received an award for organising volunteers including the High Sheriff of Warwick to make and supply free equipment for care staff.
Last Edited by RobL on 09/04/2021 - 18:11

RobL

Link Posted 09/04/2021 - 19:56
Sadly not entirely unexpected news about Prince Philip. I remember as a lad finding a library book of his sea life photographs taken from the Royal Yacht, taken of course on a Hasselblad. I decided then that I would need the same to be as good, and am still waiting a lifetime later!
Last Edited by RobL on 09/04/2021 - 19:57

Hardgravity

Link Posted 10/04/2021 - 09:55
Sad news indeed about the duke.

But why has ALL BBC programming been changed so we get nothing but drivel by non entities about how they once saw him from the back of a room/ in a car/ at a function?!!

Life has to go on for the rest of us, don't just stop everything and give no choice, after all it's the public that pay for the BBC NOT the state.

Sorry

Rant over.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/04/2021 - 11:59
Hardgravity wrote:

But why has ALL BBC programming been changed so we get nothing but drivel by non entities about how they once saw him from the back of a room/ in a car/ at a function?!!

Because if they didn't, a large part of the population would complain that they hadn't done it. Anyway, there seems to be a lot of sport on today, which no doubt makes many people happy even if my response is to find something more interesting to do. Each to their own, and there's always catch-up TV.

Steve

OldTaffy

Link Posted 10/04/2021 - 16:19
Lubbyman wrote:
Hardgravity wrote:

But why has ALL BBC programming been changed so we get nothing but drivel by non entities about how they once saw him from the back of a room/ in a car/ at a function?!!

Because if they didn't, a large part of the population would complain that they hadn't done it. Anyway, there seems to be a lot of sport on today, which no doubt makes many people happy even if my response is to find something more interesting to do. Each to their own, and there's always catch-up TV.

Steve

Agreed. I got totally fed up with the endless Duke of Edinburgh themes on BBC, and apparently so were thousands of others who have sent in complaints to the Beeb. However, at least one newspaper suggests that the Beeb is demonstrating its pro-Brit loyalties, to offset sniping criticism of disloyalty from some right-wing politicians who want to dismantle it. In other words, turn it into a commercial or subscription broadcaster, where 50% of the time is devoted to idiot adverts for skin creams, shampoos, gambling organisations and unhealthy food.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

RobL

Link Posted 10/04/2021 - 18:56
Hardgravity wrote:
Sad news indeed about the duke.

But why has ALL BBC programming been changed so we get nothing but drivel by non entities about how they once saw him from the back of a room/ in a car/ at a function?!!

Life has to go on for the rest of us, don't just stop everything and give no choice, after all it's the public that pay for the BBC NOT the state.

Sorry

Rant over.

I feel the same whenever the football season starts!

K10D

Link Posted 10/04/2021 - 20:37
BBC radio stations did no better. Had the radio on this morning while loading the vehicle for tomorrows journey south. Nothing but low key music and sombre tunes.

I lasted for a few tunes then it was over to another station.

TOWIE
Last Edited by K10D on 10/04/2021 - 20:42

vic cross

Link Posted 12/04/2021 - 10:43
On a different tack.

The spring is sprung
The grass is ris
I wonder where the birdies is
The birdies they is on the wing
But that's absurd
The wing is on the bird.

Happy Spring Time

CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

K10D

Link Posted 13/04/2021 - 19:48
vic cross wrote:
On a different tack.

The spring is sprung
The grass is ris
I wonder where the birdies is
The birdies they is on the wing
But that's absurd
The wing is on the bird.

Happy Spring Time

CHEERS Vic.

Indeed Vic.

So first pub (outdoor) meal since the last one (indoors) on the last lock-down eve. Oddly enough at the same pub.

Good steak and a pint. A tad cold outside however, so now back in the hotel room snugged into a McGuigans Black Label Red.

TOWIE

Heading North tomorrow.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 13/04/2021 - 21:31
Surely too early for spring to be sprung up north. Got married near Rotherham in last half of April (a long time ago...). A very cold day, hardly any sign of spring. Wedding photos show no sign of leaves on trees and a single daffodil in flower.

Steve
Last Edited by Lubbyman on 13/04/2021 - 21:32
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.