Another pointless thread

K10D

Link Posted 25/03/2021 - 12:59
LongTimeLurker wrote:
My turn for the jab yesterday.

or as the news is full of it. a prick in the arm for a pint in the pub?

cbrog

Link Posted 25/03/2021 - 14:45
Nigel wrote: Slight temperature, a headache, aching joints (the worst bit of it all), and slightly sore muscles. It feels like I've fallen down stairs.

Strange that, I had my second (Fizer) jab yesterday and, like the first, felt nothing and had no after effects at all.....so far.

Not only that I can come off of the endangered species list at the end of the month.

Roger

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/03/2021 - 16:08
cbrog wrote:
I can come off of the endangered species list at the end of the month.

So you announce you'll be coming off the list on the day it's announced that elephants are going on the list... Nature in balance!

Steve

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 26/03/2021 - 12:32
cbrog wrote:
Nigel wrote: Slight temperature, a headache, aching joints (the worst bit of it all), and slightly sore muscles. It feels like I've fallen down stairs.

Strange that, I had my second (Fizer) jab yesterday and, like the first, felt nothing and had no after effects at all.....so far.

Not only that I can come off of the endangered species list at the end of the month.

Roger

I should have kept quiet! Shortly after I wrote the post it suddenly got worse with an elevated temperature and "banging" headache. It got so bad I couldn't eat lunch and, those who know me will testify, me not eating my food is a rare occurrence indeed

Dosed-up on Paracetamol and went to bed. Deep sleep for what felt like days and I woke up today feeling almost normal. I'm also eating my lunch right now so all must be well !

In contrast Mrs LTL had a slightly sore arm for a couple of days. Good news too that you didn't have a reaction Roger.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

womble

Link Posted 26/03/2021 - 12:36
Very slightly tender spot on my arm and slept deeply but other than that no side-effects.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 26/03/2021 - 22:16
Tesco Clubcard holders - Tesco selling a load of good whisky at cheap prices.

Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark etc

I bought a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 that's 50 vol, 101 proof!

Lovely drink, smooth and easy to drink
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

jeallen01

Link Posted 26/03/2021 - 22:59
LIDl's own-brand rye whiskey ain't that bad either (and slightly cheaper)
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 26/03/2021 - 23:00

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 26/03/2021 - 23:01
I think I need to try! I think Barrie likes whisky also. We may need a separate whisky thread soon
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

K10D

Link Posted 27/03/2021 - 07:27
womble wrote:
Very slightly tender spot on my arm and slept deeply but other than that no side-effects.

Hopefully not your drinking arm
Last Edited by K10D on 27/03/2021 - 07:27

Hardgravity

Link Posted 01/04/2021 - 08:48
If you want a cheap 10 year old malt just order a 5 year old and have it delivered by hermes...

..they've just taken 8 days to deliver a package from a seller only 6 miles from where I live.

It'd have been quicker to send it by cat!!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

womble

Link Posted 01/04/2021 - 09:35
What we find really frustrating is the fact that when various courier firms deliver to the wrong address, their "help systems" (a misnomer if there ever is one) never have the option "We've delivered to the wrong address." You look-up the tracking-number and it says "your parcel has been delivered..." and no option to say "no it hasn't". And don't get me started on those utterly useless automated chat bots. Even better is when they show a photo of your parcel sitting on someone else's front-doorstep. Once, when we finally got through to a real human being, they suggested looking around the area for a door that matched the photo... I must say, however, that after a year of lock-down, this happens less frequently than it used to.

PS Funnily enough, tweeting a complaint works better than trying to contact them through the "help" system.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Last Edited by womble on 01/04/2021 - 09:38

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 01/04/2021 - 13:34
Totally agree Kris,
Parcel Farce - Yesterday I had a morning delivery slot for an item. I waited in way past the delivery time they gave, and then had a neighbour ready to take delivery when we popped out. We got back and nothing delivered all day. I check online using the tracking app and it had been returned to depot! Bearing in mind I've paid for a 24hr service. When I call up and eventually get through to an advisor, I'm told 'Your driver didn't have time to deliver it today' BUT I HAD A MORNING SLOT?! A morning slot! We go back to and fro with comments and the customer service agent then says 'Oh he'll do it tomorrow now', like I should be grateful! I'm not happy so I say I want to complain and then told I can't complain as its been left on the van for delivery tomorrow!

Getting no where I then go to Twitter and tweet the company all this. I get a reply asking for the delivery details to be sent via DM. They now say they have passed my details onto the depot and will ensure that delivery is made today! The latter part of that makes me suspect that maybe if they didn't get time to deliver it today then it'll roll on to tomorrow and so on and so on .....

I was told yesterday it was being kept on the van and I was a priority for today, time now is half 1 and still no delivery!

Great guaranteed 24hr delivery service! Maybe they know I have a little Fuji on it's way ...!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

RobL

Link Posted 01/04/2021 - 14:51
Hopefully soon we will be able to go into real shop, choose what we want, pay and carry it home. And play with it that afternoon!

Lubbyman

Link Posted 01/04/2021 - 16:13
Depends whether the shops have got what you want. An increasing number of things are no longer in local shops, or the choice isn't very good.

As far as delivery times go, Amazon has been getting things to me a day before their original quoted date, and that's with standard free delivery. Don't know whether it's to make us feel happy when it arrives before expected, or they add a day just in case, or their logistics is just a lot better than when they originally decided what the standard free delivery time should be.

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 05/04/2021 - 16:36
Well that’s my magnolia blossom ruined by frost this year, the stupid plant always flowers just before a cold snap.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.