Another pointless thread

Lubbyman

Link Posted 17/03/2021 - 14:14
Mrs Lubbyman complains that her hair is now far too long, but won't let me get near it if I've got a sharp object in my hand. I don't understand it...

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 17/03/2021 - 17:20
Lubbyman wrote:
Mrs Lubbyman complains that her hair is now far too long, but won't let me get near it if I've got a sharp object in my hand. I don't understand it...

Steve

I cannot tell you what Mrs RobL threatened me with if I came near her with scissors!

jeallen01

Link Posted 17/03/2021 - 20:12
Only 3 months since I got a cut a couple of weeks before the Xmas Eve lockdown, and waiting with "bated breath" for mid April to get another one - which I really want because the hair over my ears tickles them "unmercillessly"
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Hardgravity

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 09:53
What's hair?
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 19/03/2021 - 13:15
Hair? Isn't it something to do with the Age of Aquarius?

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 19/03/2021 - 16:26
Just spent half an hour looking for paint on the B&Q website...

...they're showing what I want, and at a good price, but..

,,,when ordering to click and collect non of the colours are available!

No wonder the price was good, you can advertise anything cheap and not be able to supply it.

Argos do the same...
Cheers, HG

K10D

Link Posted 23/03/2021 - 08:14
Hardgravity wrote:

No wonder the price was good, you can advertise anything cheap and not be able to supply it.

Argos do the same...

Click & bait tactics?

Lubbyman

Link Posted 23/03/2021 - 11:10
I've noticed a few times that B&Q stock levels aren't necessarily accurate. It works both ways, sometimes they don't have what they say they do, sometimes they do have what they say they don't. Come to think of it, I've encountered the same with another well known DIY chain.

As for paint, I've given up using DIY stores. The local paint shop that supplies the painting and decorating trade is very good. Not the cheapest but very helpful, well stocked, they know what they have in stock and will get it if they don't.

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 23/03/2021 - 14:30
I endednup in B&M and got what I wanted without any bother!

Should've gone there first...
Cheers, HG

jeallen01

Link Posted 24/03/2021 - 15:22
Hardgravity wrote:
I ended up in B&M and got what I wanted without any bother!

Should've gone there first...

In my experience, our local B&M has quite a limited range of decorating stuff, but good that you got what you needed.

W.r.t. B&Q, I've had the same experience when trying to shop on-line at our local branch (opposite B&M!) - and their website is atrocious = very slow, doesn't always list what they do have, and also vice-versa, and have sometimes ordered stuff that they probably do have but can't find when I turn up there!`

Often found eBay/Amazon to be a better bet!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Hardgravity

Link Posted 24/03/2021 - 15:39
Yup, ebay works well, but the wait for delivery can mean missing a good weather window, and we all know how often they accour!

We've 3 B&M stores in easy reach, 2 are hopeless for paint but the nearest has a full, as in website, collection.

You can't say that about B&Q...

Is it beer o'clock?
Cheers, HG

Lubbyman

Link Posted 24/03/2021 - 16:45
Never heard of B&M until now. Just had a look and none within 20 miles. Got a feeling the nearest used to be PCWorld before it merged with Currys. I think I'll continue using the local paint shop. Need to find something to paint first, though. Windows are plastic, doors are plastic, gutters are plastic. Several rooms indoors need doing but tons of stuff would need to be moved first...

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 24/03/2021 - 18:56
Lubbyman wrote:
Several rooms indoors need doing but tons of stuff would need to be moved first...

Steve

That's what sray guns are for..

Just spray paint it all!
Cheers, HG

Last Edited by Hardgravity on 24/03/2021 - 18:56

jeallen01

Link Posted 24/03/2021 - 19:12
Hardgravity wrote:
Lubbyman wrote:
Several rooms indoors need doing but tons of stuff would need to be moved first...

Steve

That's what sray guns are for..

Just spray paint it all!

Looks like you want a "spray and pray" gun so that you spray!
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 24/03/2021 - 19:14

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 25/03/2021 - 12:27
My turn for the jab yesterday.

Went to bed feeling fine, woke up feeling rotten.

Slight temperature, a headache, aching joints (the worst bit of it all), and slightly sore muscles. It feels like I've fallen down stairs.

I am working today, not due to a machismo attitude, rather I cannot get comfortable so there is no point going to bed as I cannot rest. I feel slightly less worse by moving around.

Never mind. It is part of the process and I'll get over it The vaccination centre was very well organised and I had the jab within five minutes of arriving, followed by a 15 minute wait in the recovery area prior to being allowed to drive home.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.