Another pointless thread

Hardgravity

Link Posted 05/03/2021 - 13:21
Raging temperature in the middle of the night was added to stiff shoulders, but otherwise I feel fine.

And the, leaflet said that could happen.

If you're offered a jab don't hesitate, just go for it.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 05/03/2021 - 16:26
I don't recall the leaflet advising against dealing with adverse symptoms by the internal application of alcohol. Might be worth trying - purely for medicinal purposes, of course .

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 12/03/2021 - 09:26
How is everyone? it's been quiet on here lately.

Has anyone heard from Gwyn, she's been very quiet?

Finaly, are we all looking forward to the easing of lockdown and what have we got planed?

Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

bforbes

Link Posted 12/03/2021 - 09:46
Hardgravity wrote:

I think she was upset and left
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/03/2021 - 09:55
Hardgravity wrote:

Finishing some work for which I've already been paid, then getting it to client before he's made redundant. A strange situation...
And photographing a penny at ever increasing magnification. Also strange.

How are you??
Hardgravity wrote:

Been wondering the same myself. Almost PM'd her a couple of times. OK, will do it now...
Hardgravity wrote:
Finaly, are we all looking forward to the easing of lockdown and what have we got planed?

Taking whatever comes, nothing planned, nothing expected, no politician's dates believed, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. That way, I won't be disappointed and may even be peasantly surprised.

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 14/03/2021 - 21:00
Hardgravity wrote:

Still traveling. Stopped off at two windmills today on my way south.

If pics turn out OK, I'll post by end of week.

A neighbor opposite my home was found dead today on his sofa. Not CV19.

He was suffering from Huntingtons disease. I spoke to him yesterday afternoon as he stood at his doorstep while I was loading my vehicle for traveling today.

Got a phone call at 15:50 from Mrs K10D to inform me of the sad news.

Now sat in a Premier Inn with a glass of McGuigans Black Label red. Some what upset and getting my head sorted as I've to deliver three days of training.

There's a catch to making acquaintances and friends, it's losing them.

RIP Tony.

RobL

Link Posted 15/03/2021 - 07:51
Planning to visit our holiday caravan in Cornwall as soon as we can but will have to work around Mrs RobLís hairdresser. Our beach visits will be limited to very early morning or late evening as access will be impossible in the daytime, roll on the opening up of foreign holidays so everyone can go somewhere else!

davidwozhere

Link Posted 16/03/2021 - 01:03
We're going back to Port Quinn in September so I'll be speaking to you about local places to visit.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 16/03/2021 - 08:40
Hardgravity wrote:

Gwyn sends best wishes to all on the Pointless thread.

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 16/03/2021 - 08:49
davidwozhere wrote:
We're going back to Port Quinn in September so I'll be speaking to you about local places to visit.

You could do worse than start at Trevathan Farm Shop at St. Endillion for Sunday lunch although it is very popular and need to book. Home-grown beef in generous servings at a really good price.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 16/03/2021 - 09:54
RobL wrote:
Planning to visit our holiday caravan in Cornwall as soon as we can but will have to work around Mrs RobLís hairdresser. Our beach visits will be limited to very early morning or late evening as access will be impossible in the daytime, roll on the opening up of foreign holidays so everyone can go somewhere else!

Looks like I'll be going camping in Cornwall, near Mousehole, in August.
Looking forward to another staycation (managed one last year). I thoroughly enjoy camping anyway so it'll be right up my street!
Haircut: very necessary right now.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 17/03/2021 - 01:40
Haircut ??? I haven't been to the barbers for over a year. Silver gold (as befits my venerability) almost onto my shoulders now. Whoopie - second teenage rebellion!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 17/03/2021 - 12:27
Likewise, it has been more than a year since I had a haircut.

I've never had hair so long (I normally have a grade 3). Mrs LTL amuses herself by putting my hair into a pony tail
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

OldTaffy

Link Posted 17/03/2021 - 12:52
LongTimeLurker wrote:
Likewise, it has been more than a year since I had a haircut.

I've never had hair so long (I normally have a grade 3). Mrs LTL amuses herself by putting my hair into a pony tail

It's not quite a year since I had a cut. Due to chronic procrastination I missed out on the brief haircutting slot before Christmas. I claimed that my fringe was so shaggy that I would need a guide dog to get me to the local barbers when they reopen. So my wife insisted on cutting the fringe.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

womble

Link Posted 17/03/2021 - 13:38
My wife bought new clippers to trim mats out of the cat's fur but gave me a trim with it instead I don't think my hair has ever been this short...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.