Another pointless thread

Lubbyman

Link Posted 08/11/2020 - 11:08
... but not until noon Eastern Standard Time on 20 January 2021. In the meantime, a rampant chimp can do a lot of damage and lots of lawyers will be making lots of money .

Still, at least it made a change from news about viruses and Brexit trade deal negotiations (no connection).

Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 09/11/2020 - 13:13
That's the Christmas cards photographed and ordered.
Even if it does end up cancelled

Lubbyman

Link Posted 09/11/2020 - 13:20
Beat you! Christmas presents for grandchildren posted early last week!!

Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 09/11/2020 - 18:45
No idea what we are doing at Christmas, and even less idea what the grandchildrenn might like.
They have SInterklaas first, with the Dutch grandparents, on December 5th, or thereabouts since they are old enough to celebrate it whenever they can, and their younger cousins will have first dibs on date since they won't be able to all celebrate together this year, which usually leaves us with whatever is left on their list.
I am not allowed to mention the C word until after that, which always makes it tricky getting them gifts in time and even more so this year.

K10D

Link Posted 09/11/2020 - 22:03
Go with the flow. Situation is what it is and decisions will be best of choices available. Hard yards, yes. Massive disappointment? No. Just a change of tactics.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 10/11/2020 - 01:18
We shall be downsizing this year, from turkey to a big chicken since there will only be two of us. Bloody annoying since our nearest neighbours are both widows, on their own and approaching 80. I think there will be some strong spirits passed over some front gates.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

alfpics

Link Posted 10/11/2020 - 07:55
davidwozhere wrote:
We shall be downsizing this year, from turkey to a big chicken since there will only be two of us. Bloody annoying since our nearest neighbours are both widows, on their own and approaching 80. I think there will be some strong spirits passed over some front gates.

You've probably heard this one that's been doing the rounds, but you are still allowed 30 people to a funeral; just hold one on Dec 25th for your pet turkey which has sadly passed away. Just don't over cremate it!
Andy

Gwyn

Link Posted 10/11/2020 - 08:39
We are not making any plans yet. Probably have duck if it is just the two of us, or maybe a bit of pork with crackling as that is a real treat for us - really hard to find here.
Or maybe we'll go veggie. No idea and tbh I'm not that worried.
I have ordered a box of crackers, from Amazon grrr, just in case we have a family get together. If not they will still be good next year, when post Brexit they may not be available to us here.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 10/11/2020 - 16:17
Should Christmas be cancelled we're resorting to a tin of Confit de Canard left over from last year..

...with roast potatos, very nice and no trailing around for stuff to throw away!

As for pressies, we'll just wing it and maybe get some beer delivered to the kids as a keep going..
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Last Edited by Hardgravity on 10/11/2020 - 16:18

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/11/2020 - 00:35
Confit de canard? in Yorkshire? It'll be garlic in the Yorkshire Puddings next!

Hardgravity

Link Posted 12/11/2020 - 13:30
davidwozhere wrote:
It'll be garlic in the Yorkshire Puddings next!

Nope, but the fat out of the duck tin makes super yorkshires...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Gwyn

Link Posted 12/11/2020 - 14:27
And roasties
You are making me hungry!

Government here are promising more info of whether Christmas is cancelled or not next Tuesday. Looks like fireworks will be banned this year for NYE, which can only be good thing, on many levels, unless you are a firework seller.

Looks like you will all be queuing for your jabs for Christmas, if Boris is to be believed.
No idea if or when they will be available here.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/11/2020 - 15:45
Looks like from next year the autumnal visit to the doc will be roll left sleeve up for flu jab, roll right sleeve up for Covid jab, and if you need a jab for anything else ...

Steve

bforbes

Link Posted 12/11/2020 - 18:16
Lubbyman wrote:
Looks like from next year the autumnal visit to the doc will be roll left sleeve up for flu jab, roll right sleeve up for Covid jab, and if you need a jab for anything else ...

Steve

Was it Polio you used to get on a sugar cube?
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/11/2020 - 23:50
I believe it was. We, as kids, had to go to the most hated place in town -the CLINIC - and it wasn't on sugar cubes then. Polio, tetanus, diphtheria, and later the shocking horror of a hand down your pants with a request to cough. It was always full of screaming kids. I dislike walking past it even today.

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.