Another pointless thread

davidwozhere

Link Posted 30/10/2020 - 01:07
Talking of potheads, a member of my Rotary club was stopped at the airport, returning from Amsterdam, by the drug sniffer dog which apparently made it quite plain that he was suspected of having cannabis. He denied all knowledge but was taken away and his bags were searched. Nothing. He was searched. Nothing. Whatever, the dog remained insistent and agitated. The policeman asked, "What job do you do?" "I'm a vet", said my friend. "Oh. That explains everything", said the policeman, "She absolutely hates vets!" Mike has since passed on, bless him but he would be pleased that his story survives.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

womble

Link Posted 30/10/2020 - 06:26
The potholes around here are so bad I've got spare wheels for my bicycle so I can keep riding while the repair shop replaces the spokes on the other ones.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Hardgravity

Link Posted 30/10/2020 - 09:06
womble wrote:
I've got spare wheels for my bicycle so I can keep riding while the repair shop replaces the spokes on the other ones.

When I got my new E-bike I kept the old Trek as a spare, just in case( it's a 20 odd year old mountain bike).

So far so good, I do need to take the old bike out fo a ride though, just to see if I still can without help..
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Last Edited by Hardgravity on 30/10/2020 - 09:07

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/10/2020 - 19:22
So no Bonfire night for you lot then.

spinno

Link Posted 31/10/2020 - 19:37
Gwyn wrote:

We'll have to find another Guy...
David

jeallen01

Link Posted 31/10/2020 - 19:58
spinno wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

We'll have to find another Guy...

I think I know who to suggest - his name is B**** J*****
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/10/2020 - 20:06
You have so many to choose from, why stop at only one?

jeallen01

Link Posted 31/10/2020 - 20:09
Gwyn wrote:

Well, @spinno said "another" Guy - so I thought I could only nominate ONE!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 31/10/2020 - 20:10

spinno

Link Posted 31/10/2020 - 21:04
jeallen01 wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

Well, @spinno said "another" Guy - so I thought I could only nominate ONE!

One for now
David

Lubbyman

Link Posted 31/10/2020 - 22:23
Time to have a Covid bonfire - again . Did it at the start of the last lockdown, neighbours hanging out of windows cheering as the flames licked higher and higher, eventually destroying an effigy of the virus:

Can't blame HMG for the new lockdown. It's the inevitable consequence of the behaviour of millions of fellow citizens who don't seem to understand that the only way to control a virus that spreads easily from person to person is to keep close contact with other people to the absolute minimum. Or perhaps they understand but don't care. Or perhaps they do care but think that it won't happen to them. Or perhaps... A million people, a million reasons, one consequence.

Enjoy lockdown folks!

Steve

HarisF1

Link Posted 31/10/2020 - 23:59
Without getting into the politics, I strongly believe a short sharp lockdown would have made a huge difference a few weeks ago. We're fighting against exponentials, every single day is significant.

Unfortunately it seems that the delay has led to a situation where a longer, more disruptive lockdown is necessary.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 01/11/2020 - 01:59
When you have to say, "what is it about 2 meters that you don't understand?" then you realise how stupid a lot of people are. Then they get shirty with you.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Benz3ne

Link Posted 01/11/2020 - 08:23
HarisF1 wrote:
Without getting into the politics, I strongly believe a short sharp lockdown would have made a huge difference a few weeks ago. We're fighting against exponentials, every single day is significant.

Unfortunately it seems that the delay has led to a situation where a longer, more disruptive lockdown is necessary.

+1

I also believe that money would have been better spent helping businesses bolster their collection or delivery systems, not opening pubs or “eat out to help out”.

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/11/2020 - 08:56
We have been back in semi lockdown for a while now. The shops remain open, as they did last time, and pubs and restaurants can do take away or delivery. The numbers have slowed, this weekend is crucial to see if we get more draconian measures.
The Dutch Dashboard as a signal value on it, whe action is supposed to be taken. We passed that weeks ago and no one did anything, so it isn't only in the UK that the government is incompetent.

I dod not understand why small shops all have to close in the UK. The small shops are almost certainly safer than the supermarkets. Doesn't do anything to stop the High Streets dying.

We are seeing lots of things cancelled here, Sint Maarten on 11th November (kids come round with lanterns and sing a song in return for sweets, Treat without the trick!), Sinterklaas arriving from Spain in a week or so, always a big event in towns and villages for the kids, even Sinterklaas festivities at home on December 5th are limited as families can't get together and so on.
The alternative 11-towns iceskating race has also been cancelled. They hold that somewhere cold because there is rarely enough ice for the real one to take place here now. Sods law of course says this winter will be cold enough...

Good news is the local brewery is brewing another batch of Red de Vloot, ready in a couple of weeks. The first batch sold out in a week!

Lubbyman

Link Posted 01/11/2020 - 10:18
Gwyn wrote:
Good news is the local brewery is brewing another batch of Red de Vloot, ready in a couple of weeks.

And the good news here is that my neighbour says the brew he has been making using my hops is now in bottles and will be ready to drink in about a week's time. During lockdown, of course, but some bottles will find their way across the garden fence without breaking any rules.

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.