Another pointless thread

womble

Link Posted 11/10/2020 - 23:08
Mine is on the 30th. Feel free to send me a A*300/2.8...

We're hoping to go away for the weekend but that might be kyboshed too.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

gtis

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 12:13
Lubbyman wrote:
gtis wrote:

It’s the wife’s birthday on the 23rd
Neil

So will you be giving her a shed or a newly decorated room?

Steve

I won’t mine a shed
Neil
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
sigma 17-70

Pentax o-gps1

Panasonic Dmc Fz200

Gwyn

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 14:52
We live in a wooden house and the front step is not actually attached to the house. It collects the leaves under it so we decided to move the step and clear it out today. Didn't get far as there was a hedgehog asleep in them .
All leaves back in place, hedgehog undisturbed. And yes it was breathing.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 17:39
Hibernating or a convenient place to stay during daylight? Whatever, there must surely be something in Dutch folklore about a hedgehog under the step bringing good luck to the household.

At the weekend, my grandchildren played 'Pin the slug on the hedgehog's mouth' as part of slightly early birthday celebrations for the 5 year old. Not sure that it will catch on more widely though...

Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 18:34
I don't think he was hibernating yet. We have a ground feeder for the birds, with a metal cage thing over it to stop the birds bigger than a blackbird getting to it. Every morning the metal cage has moved, and the feeder is empty. We were going to get a camera to see what it was doing it - duck, goose, rat, marten or hedgehog. Thankfully it looks like it's a hedgehog

Gwyn

Link Posted 13/10/2020 - 19:48
Not a total lockdown then. Pubs restaurants etc must close tomorrow, hotels stay open. No booze to be sold after 8pm, whether takeaway or supermarket.
No more than 3 visitors in your house per day, no more than four people together outside. No contact sports for adults, still allowed for under 17s.
Work from home, only essential journeys, bla bla bla.
All for four weeks initially.
Could be worse, and a total lockdown still a possibilty.

Currently enjoying a Red de Vloot (save the fleet) beer. Brewed by the local brewery all procedes for the local charter fleet. Not a red ale as the name would suggest but an unfiltered blond.

gtis

Link Posted 13/10/2020 - 21:53
Gwyn wrote:
I don't think he was hibernating yet. We have a ground feeder for the birds, with a metal cage thing over it to stop the birds bigger than a blackbird getting to it. Every morning the metal cage has moved, and the feeder is empty. We were going to get a camera to see what it was doing it - duck, goose, rat, marten or hedgehog. Thankfully it looks like it's a hedgehog

I put a camera to catch the hedgehog feeding
At night and got 2 foxes instead
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
sigma 17-70

Pentax o-gps1

Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Last Edited by gtis on 13/10/2020 - 21:57

Hardgravity

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 07:59
Happy birthday Gwyn.

And the same to those missed and coming up.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

RobL

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 08:18
Gwyn wrote:

Currently enjoying a Red de Vloot (save the fleet) beer. Brewed by the local brewery all procedes for the local charter fleet. Not a red ale as the name would suggest but an unfiltered blond.

Oh for an unfiltered blonde!
Last Edited by RobL on 14/10/2020 - 08:19

Gwyn

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 08:49
Thankyou HG, and RobL I knew someone would post that comment, was just wondering whichof you reprobates it would be

Hardgravity

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 10:04
I have my own blonde, and love her to bits.

Just been on the careers advice site, apparently I should be good doing what I did!

Or I could be a manger,builder, receptionist (), the list goes on...
Cheers, HG

Hardgravity

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 10:04

Just been on the careers advice site, apparently I should be good doing what I did!

Or I could be a manager,builder, receptionist (), the list goes on...
Cheers, HG

RobL

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 10:20
I fell right into your trap Gwyn but was probably just the first! I just had a lockdown moment in the bakery, racking my brains where I had seen the other customer before - she’s the landlady of my local!

womble

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 10:26
I went to the office yesterday, only the fourth time since March. The only person I saw was the receptionist. It felt like there should be tumbleweed rolling across the campus. At lunchtime I went for a walk down to Trafalgar Square. Some of the streets on the way there felt more normal, but the square itself only had handful of people in it. Normally you cannot move for grockels.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

RobL

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 10:35
Hardgravity wrote:

Mine is not so much unfiltered as full-blooded no holds barred auburn-haired Welsh! Trained from an early age by her Giles cartoon Granny Jones in the ancient local art of wielding a skillet to deadly effect.
Last Edited by RobL on 14/10/2020 - 10:39
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.