Another pointless thread

Hardgravity

Link Posted 06/09/2020 - 05:46
The roads weren't too bad, most people seem to be back at work/home now.

Wather on the other hand was, interesting. we now know how to pitch an awning in a strong wind!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Gwyn

Link Posted 06/09/2020 - 15:36
Hmm we've had a few of those winds over the years. Always makes me glad I am not in a tent!
Camper clean, water tanks cleaned and filled, bedding loaded, clothes washed and ready to pack. All we need to do now is find a place to stay tomorrow night. Bookings only at most places now, including the ones aimed only at campers/motorhomes, which is not our style of travel at all.

womble

Link Posted 08/09/2020 - 12:44
So we've had floods, we've had plague, and now we have an earthquake just north of us (round about Leighton Buzzard). I'm glad I'm the sixth-born...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Lubbyman

Link Posted 08/09/2020 - 13:25
Keeps your eyes open for frogs covering the land and entering your house ...

Steve

womble

Link Posted 08/09/2020 - 13:33
Lubbyman wrote:
Keeps your eyes open for frogs covering the land and entering your house ...

Steve

There is one living behind our boiler I've been trying to catch for a week...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Hardgravity

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 10:01
ANOTHER change to the Covid rules...

...does anybody else feel like they're living in '1984'?
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 13:40
I often feel like I'm living in a different day than the actual day.

At least today "feels" like a Wednesday to me. Hopefully I'll reach bedtime without thinking that today is Monday. (That was last week: I blame the bank holiday. It took me until Friday to be back on track, so to speak.)
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 17:40
The Covid rules were always going to change some time, 'cos the virus doesn't follow the rules. Unfortunately, many people don't seem to have followed the rules either, which no doubt made this change at this time inevitable. Tough on those whose livelihoods depends on having crowds around, but if you had to put education, work and leisure activities in order of priority...

As for what day it is today, yesterday was 'pressure wash the patio' day so today is 'find a way to get rid of blotches of algae/lichen' day.

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 17:49
Hardgravity wrote:
ANOTHER change to the Covid rules...

...does anybody else feel like they're living in '1984'?

With Trump nominated for the Nobel peace prize you could be right.

Gwyn

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 18:17
They changed the rules on the numbers in a house shortly before our anniversary bash. Weather was rubbish, but luckily we could gather with ten of us on our sons ship.
Now out and about in the camper also in rubbish weather. Rules are being observed and imposed everywhere we have been, even though we are in an area with 0 infections for months. Heading back home slowly now. The promised nice weather ain't happening. Now promised for next week
Our home town was at zero for a couple of months too, but two weeks ago one person tested positive. Back to zero again now, and zero trace in the sewerage.
Numbers rising steeply elsewhere in the country though.

Hopefully I have more chance of the Nobel Peace Prize than the turnip in the white house.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 19:32
Just checked the hops and the weather forecast. Tomorrow will definitely be 'hop harvest' day . Next door neighbour has been notified. He will dry half in the fruit drying compartment of the cooker, I will dry the other half with a Heath Robinson contraption created in the shed and comprising a small fan, a couple of old wire trays (came from prams a few decades ago) and some netting. Then neighbour will start a brew ready for drinking by Christmas. Depending on the size of the harvest, there might be a couple of brews so we can compare and contrast. All in a Covid-secure environment, of course .

Steve

womble

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 20:53
We caught the frog. Hurrah.
Kris Lockyear

My website

davidwozhere

Link Posted 10/09/2020 - 01:41
Now you will get a plague of slugs.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

K10D

Link Posted 10/09/2020 - 21:05
Gwyn wrote:
Numbers rising steeply elsewhere in the country though..

and are the hospital admissions proportionate? They are not in the UK.

If your a young wee lass Gwyn, you should be worried about your future. If your not (), probably like me, you are concerned about the kids. Old as they (mine) are.

Frighten people long enough and they will change habit.

he say's, sat in a Premier Inn.

back to another Premier Inn on Monday night..

Let's see if I get back into Porton Down in November.
Last Edited by K10D on 10/09/2020 - 21:14

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/09/2020 - 22:05
K10D wrote:
Let's see if I get back into Porton Down in November.

It's the getting out again that's important with a place like that...

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.