My Flckr link
Last Edited by fatspider on 03/07/2020 - 15:24

DOIK

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 19:13
Newcastle gold mine to be shut down LINK

John

RobL

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 19:50
Years ago I was visiting some friends who had moved to North Yorkshire when their six year old came out with: Eee Mam theres horse int gaaarden! I see youve settled in then!

K10D

Link Posted 07/07/2020 - 18:48
Down to Hull early morning till Thursday. Who wants a stick of rock.
Плутон идет

Gwyn

Link Posted 07/07/2020 - 19:53
Surely you mean Green Ginger?

Hardgravity

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 09:03
From Hull?

Surely you mean fishfinger?

A certain frozen food company used to make all there frozen fish products on the north bank of the Humber...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Gwyn

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 10:33
Fishfingers are also known as fishsticks, and are sometimes made of "rock" salmon, or they were till we fished the spiny dogfish almost to extinction.

So who has stolen summer? Can we have it back please?

Lubbyman

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 11:14
Gwyn wrote:

It's self-isolating. Not allowed out while there's a possibility it might spread warmth and dryness.

Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 11:36
Lubbyman wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

It's self-isolating. Not allowed out while there's a possibility it might spread warmth and dryness.

Steve

(

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 11:58
New (actually second-hand) car seems to be on the cards with my new-from-factory car going back to the dealer after almost a year and a half of use.
Second-hand car is bigger, more power/torque, petrol, auto, estate but returns very nearly the same miles per gallon as my current petrol, manual hatchback, as well as coming to the same insurance costs and same tax per year. Hatch has a smaller engine, is slower/less powerful and the effective power range is in a much narrower band. Also far more comfortable than my little around-town-type hatch. Had a good drive around in it for the test-drive; had about half a tank of fuel and I was given the nod to 'take it for as long as I liked'. 45 minutes later after some motorway, back-road and city driving I was coloured impressed. The auto box has a neat function where, in 'eco' mode, it coasts where it can so saving fuel. Same goes for when cruising on flat planes it'll turn off two of the four cylinders in order to save fuel. Gearbox changes were seamless.
Despite being 1/2 a year older than my current vehicle, it's done 1/3 of the mileage.
A worthwhile swap despite the slightly higher monthly outlay.

Looking forward to the upgrade.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 08/07/2020 - 12:01

Lubbyman

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 13:35
So not going electric...?

Steve

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 14:19
Lubbyman wrote:

Steve

As much as Id like to, with some of the mileage I have to do (and the increased outright costs) its not feasible right now, rather unfortunately!
Perhaps in due course! Ive a few years before thinking about that anyhow!

Gwyn

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 14:37
I'd love to go electric, but they are silly money here, and most can't tow a trailer.
We'll put up with our several years old Ford until I win the lottery.

JAK

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 14:42
Benz3ne wrote:
Lubbyman wrote:

Steve

As much as Id like to, with some of the mileage I have to do (and the increased outright costs) its not feasible right now, rather unfortunately!
Perhaps in due course! Ive a few years before thinking about that anyhow!

What sort of mileages are having to do? Cheaper to run, cheaper to service, cheaper to tax, less depreciation, quieter so why miss out?
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 08/07/2020 - 14:43

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/07/2020 - 15:02
JAK wrote:
What sort of mileages are having to do? Cheaper to run, cheaper to service, cheaper to tax, less depreciation, quieter so why miss out?

I'm at around 17-18,000 per year currently but oftentimes have to do reasonably large round trips, sometimes from W. Wales to Reading and back, have done Warton with an overnight stay and Lake District with an overnight stay in the not too distant past. Granted that's shorter right now so is reasonably feasible if things stayed as is but I doubt that's going to be the case.
Initial outlay would still be the major hurdle, as above, so missing out is my current option. It'll be broached in future for sure.
How has yours been for you, so far?
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 08/07/2020 - 15:03
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.