Another pointless thread

Lubbyman

Link Posted 22/06/2020 - 13:16
Gwyn wrote:
might go looking for noctilucent clouds and Zeevonk (bio luminescence) tonight if we haven't drunk all the beer .

They sound like the sort of the things you're more likely to see if you have drunk all the beer....

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 23/06/2020 - 10:18
Getting the garden ready for a Birthday party, one of our neighbours is, er, 50 something and her hubby has organised a surprise party.

In our garden!

It makes sense, there will only be 8 of us and we have the largest garden so distancing won't be a problem. I just hope the beer he's ordered arrives...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 23/06/2020 - 10:21
And talking of beer, I think the solstice celebrations in Halifax went well...

..the beer looks like rocket fuel...
Cheers, HG

jeallen01

Link Posted 24/06/2020 - 16:07
FYI

Now that we'll all be trying to get "out & about" (in the UK), looking for a loo can be a major "issue" (and then there's maybe the problem of finding some tissue ) .

Thus, on this morning’s “Your Money and Your Life” programme (with Matt Allwright and Kim Marsh), this subject was discussed, and they pointed to two very relevant websites:
https://www.toiletmap.org.uk/
https://www.lockdownloo.com/

Have "fun" !

PS: the guy in the pic above might soon be needing one of those
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 24/06/2020 - 16:09

jeallen01

Link Posted 24/06/2020 - 23:08
Come on! - "when you gotta go, you GOTTA go"

PS: those links should actually "help" in such "circumstances" - but you'll still need to to "plan ahead"
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 24/06/2020 - 23:11

Hardgravity

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 07:31
We planned ahead and set ourselves up for camping..

..which includes a porta potty...
Cheers, HG

K10D

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 07:49
Public toilets are open in Reeth and used yesterday. Plenty of signs about distancing on the front door of the building. I struggled with the two meter rule though but did stand as far back as physically possible from the urinal.
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Jetsam1

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 09:10
It's been nearly two years in the new house. The giant clear up and out needs to commence..........

No idea how or where to start!! The kids toys are everywhere....................

Sacrificed size of the house for size of the garden and countryside and am wondering over the wisdom of that! (During lockdown it has been great really!).

How do I get ruthless with this stuff? Going to be selling on most of the musical instruments maybe simplify the camera kit too. Any one else had to go through this process and how did it go? Tips?
K5, K200 and several film Pentax cameras!

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 10:08
Jetsam1 wrote:
Tips?

Find the local one and use often.

Or do what my son-in-law's father did - build lots of sheds. You've got to admire a man with 3 sheds (or was it 4?)...

Steve

fatspider

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 11:02
There's always ebay and car boot sales, anything that wont sell you simply load the car up and take it to a charity shop, anything else just wait for 5th November
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 12:24
Went through it before we moved house. In fact a while before she became hyped I read Marie Kondo's book and we started sorting then.
You just have to be ruthless about it, hard as it is. Truly only keep things you use, or really love. Clear out the kitchen of all the useless gadgets hiding in cupboards, all the pots pand plates you haven't used for ages, if at all. Be ruthless wth clothing and bedding too.

Couldn't get His Nibs to settle on less guitars/gear (in fact he's gained a couple since!), nor could I persuade him that we really don't need that 15 year old computer or all those random cables, instructions books he never read for things long since defunct etc etc. He now occupies what was the garage as his man-cave music room, plus the two garden sheds!

Hang on to Lego if your kids have it, bung it in a plastic box in the loft - my grandsons love all the "old fashioned" Lego we have. They also love the EtchaSketch which we found when sorting out. Even the teenager loves to sit and play with that though he doesn't have the talet of his younger brother on it.

Hardest part is stopping the junk reappearing. You have to keep the one in one out principle and question if you really do need something before you buy it.

Good luck with it!

fatspider

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 12:44
Quote:
or all those random cables

You can never have too many cables.

Does anyone want a dozen Scart leads
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 13:15
Maybe I should have taken up cable macrame during lockdown.

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 13:17
All of my cables are in the 'man drawer'.

Nobody is allowed to open the drawer unless I am in attendance.

Generations of audio / video and computer leads are in there. You never know when they may be needed.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 13:29
LongTimeLurker wrote:
Generations of audio / video and computer leads are in there. You never know when they may be needed.

But the drawer doesn't contain the one you need now that has the latest connection so you've got to buy one, along with adapters to connect to all the older sockets.

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.