Another pointless thread


Hardgravity

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 14:51
Cables!

Went through the cupboards/wardrobes/cubby holes last month, there were so many cables I was astounded!

Most went into the electric recycle bag for when I next visit a tip, along with 2 DVD players, both dead, a cassette tape player, again dead as well as sundry other 'things'

And there still isn't any more room!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 09:23
...and as we come out of lockdown Bradford is in the news, a local lock down 'may' be imposed.

We're going away for 2 nights to try the camping kit out, it's the first chance we've had and now this!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 09:40
Hardgravity wrote:
...and as we come out of lockdown Bradford is in the news, a local lock down 'may' be imposed.

We're going away for 2 nights to try the camping kit out, it's the first chance we've had and now this!

Any chance of fast-forwarding your trip? Trying to get it in before the lockdown is imposed? I'm sure you'll be sensible in your approach so pre-empting the lockdown would be a nice little refresh before hunkering down again.
Hope you do manage to get your trip in.

bforbes

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 09:50
Benz3ne wrote:
Hardgravity wrote:
...and as we come out of lockdown Bradford is in the news, a local lock down 'may' be imposed.

We're going away for 2 nights to try the camping kit out, it's the first chance we've had and now this!

Any chance of fast-forwarding your trip? Trying to get it in before the lockdown is imposed? I'm sure you'll be sensible in your approach so pre-empting the lockdown would be a nice little refresh before hunkering down again.
Hope you do manage to get your trip in.

But would they let him back in
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Benz3ne

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 10:00
bforbes wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:
Quote:
...and as we come out of lockdown Bradford is in the news, a local lock down 'may' be imposed.

We're going away for 2 nights to try the camping kit out, it's the first chance we've had and now this!

Any chance of fast-forwarding your trip? Trying to get it in before the lockdown is imposed? I'm sure you'll be sensible in your approach so pre-empting the lockdown would be a nice little refresh before hunkering down again.
Hope you do manage to get your trip in.

But would they let him back in

How bad a thing would that be? Becoming a nomad sounds tempting right now.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 12:03
Benz3ne wrote:

How bad a thing would that be? Becoming a nomad sounds tempting right now.

Don't tempt me...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Gwyn

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 14:40
Becoming a full time nomad always tempts me, even in Covid times. A pity I can't do it under Dutch law - we have to have a fixed address, and spend a certain amount of time in NL every year for our health insurance and my pension to remain valid.

I hope you get your trip away. Ruby the camper is still suspended for tax purposes, and the school holidays are kicking off, so I think she may stay put until September sadly. Hopefully things will still be OK then so we can actuually use her this year!

Depends on where in Bradford you are as well I suspect. My son's friend in Leicester is not back under lock-down, but friend's in-laws are, he is happy to report .
My cousin lives in Drighlington which counts as Bradford, but I can't see her being locked down. Maybe she can escape to her sister in Slaithwaite! Oh wait, thats Huddersfield, isn't that another problem area?
What's with all these villages written one way and pronounced completely differently anyway?

fatspider

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 15:59
bforbes wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:
Quote:
...and as we come out of lockdown Bradford is in the news, a local lock down 'may' be imposed.

We're going away for 2 nights to try the camping kit out, it's the first chance we've had and now this!

Any chance of fast-forwarding your trip? Trying to get it in before the lockdown is imposed? I'm sure you'll be sensible in your approach so pre-empting the lockdown would be a nice little refresh before hunkering down again.
Hope you do manage to get your trip in.

But would they let him back in

Would he want to get back in
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Last Edited by fatspider on 02/07/2020 - 15:59

fatspider

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 16:05
Quote:
What's with all these villages written one way and pronounced completely differently anyway?

I'm sure there as bad in the Netherlands
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Gwyn

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 17:09
Nah, Dutch is a very logical language, and remarkably easy to learn, unlike Yorkshire

fatspider

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 17:55
Gwyn wrote:
Nah, Dutch is a very logical language, and remarkably easy to learn, unlike Yorkshire

Gwyn 1 - Alan 0
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Crossed-up

Link Posted 02/07/2020 - 20:20
Benz3ne wrote:
Hardgravity wrote:
...and as we come out of lockdown Bradford is in the news, a local lock down 'may' be imposed.

We're going away for 2 nights to try the camping kit out, it's the first chance we've had and now this!

Any chance of fast-forwarding your trip? Trying to get it in before the lockdown is imposed? I'm sure you'll be sensible in your approach so pre-empting the lockdown would be a nice little refresh before hunkering down again.
Hope you do manage to get your trip in.

No camping for me now either, I'm locked down again already, thanks to the idiots around here that never bothered the first time around.
My Images
Gripped K3's|DA10-17|DA*16-50|DA*50-135|DA*200|DA*300|Sigma 150-500

fatspider

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 01:24
Fortunately we got away in the caravan for a week in Feb. so this year hasn't been a total flop, missed out on a booking for Whitby in April but have two more which will hopefully go ahead, Whitby again in July and back end of Aug. in Lincoln.....both for Steampunk events which have been cancelled but if we get away who cares, we can always do something else. Last year on our week in Lincoln we visited Whisby Nature Reserve, loads of Dragonflies about just sitting round waiting for snapping

My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

K10D

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 09:12
Now to be termed "snappy dragon" ?
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 14:47
Eyup lass, t'yorkshire language's easy t'learn thanose....
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.