Another pointless thread

Lubbyman

Link Posted 26/03/2020 - 13:24
LennyBloke wrote:
"Come on Eileen" - make me smile every time I hear it

Remembering a girl friend from your youth???

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 00:10
We had one last year that mimicked a mobile telephone. .... accurately and loudly!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 09:48
Starlings round here mimic herring gulls. The cry, that is, not their scavenging habits.

Saw the first hedgehog of the season in the garden last night . The dog's nose has been twitching for a week, but couldn't be sure until a visual sighting was made. Time to get the camera trap out.

Steve

Chrism8

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 11:24
Lubbyman wrote:
Saw the first hedgehog of the season in the garden last night . The dog's nose has been twitching for a week, Time to get the camera trap out. Steve

The Hog that's been visiting our since early garden since early 2019 has been out of hibernation since the middle of this month, put food out for him ./ her every night and as regular as clockwork its been in very close to 21:20 each night, then back in the garden around 02:15 looking for more food, its got no chance at that hour, it goes straight to the food tray every time then spends up to an hour in the garden looking for food and exits past the camera.

The camera trap images aren't brilliant quality, but good to see the Hog's been in every night and whats else is about, the local cat for some reason doesn't like the camera trap and wont go near it, which ensures the hog gets his or her food.
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.

takuman

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 11:42
Nice story about the hedgehogs. When we moved into our home 25 years ago the previous owner told us they fed hedgehogs. Well we have been feeding generations of them since then, they now have a purpose home made feeder and are fed propriety food (costs me a small fortune) but we look forward to seeing them. This year they appeared two weeks ago. The grandchildren love to see them.
Just passing thru

womble

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 13:33
I haven't seen a live hedgehog for many years despite living in the country. Plenty of foxes, badgers and deer, but no hogs. 😕
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Chrism8

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 13:57
A tad to chilly in the evenings to be out laying on the grass, maybe in a month or so plus it'll be lighter in the evening, this is a shot of our friendly hog from last year.

Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 14:42
Nice to see wildlife coming out after the winter.

We're still waiting for the curlews to arrive, the starlings mimic them as soon as they hit the moors nearbye.

Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

pschlute

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 22:26
Spent yesterday and today doing much needed clearing up at the back of the garden. We have a lot of pine trees and if the needles and cones and leaves from other trees are not cleared away little else gets the chance to grow. For the first time in months I don't feel exhausted after it. One very happy bunny here.
Peter

My Flickr page

RobL

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 22:45
As last winter approached I found a hedgehog in the garden. Thinking he was looking for somewhere to hibernate I hastily made a den of leaves but he just ignored it and shuffled off.

Hardgravity, how envious I am you have moorland nearby with curlews!
Last Edited by RobL on 27/03/2020 - 22:46

Hardgravity

Link Posted 28/03/2020 - 09:16
RobL wrote:

Hardgravity, how envious I am you have moorland nearby with curlews!

Unfortunately we can't visit there at the moment, and after retireing I don't get the chance to sit in the middle of Ilkley Moor and do my paperwork while enjoying the wildlife..

..still..

...when all this is over.
Cheers, HG

Last Edited by Hardgravity on 28/03/2020 - 09:17

Lubbyman

Link Posted 28/03/2020 - 10:42
Hardgravity wrote:
sit in the middle of Ilkley Moor and do my paperwork

With or without hat?

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 28/03/2020 - 12:00
B'aht 'at lad, b'aht 'at.
Cheers, HG

Lubbyman

Link Posted 28/03/2020 - 19:46
Hardgravity wrote:
B'aht 'at lad, b'aht 'at.

Tha's bahn t'catch thi deeath o'cowd (or something like that...)

Steve

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 28/03/2020 - 21:56
Hardgravity wrote:
Nice to see wildlife coming out after the winter.

We're still waiting for the curlews to arrive, the starlings mimic them as soon as they hit the moors nearbye.

I heard some curlews on Thursday evening as I walked past the Ben Rhydding playing fields. I guess there may be some on the moor too.

I haven't walked across the moor since October, it has been so wet. In contrast to last winter which was so dry we had tinder dry conditions by Easter. What a difference a year makes.

On the subject of mimics, the jays in the garden mimic the tawny owls nesting behind the shed. Some of them are really good at the kee-wick sound.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.