Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Another pointless thread

Hardgravity
Posted 17/01/2020 - 17:40 Link
Don't you just love banks?

When my son was trying for a mortgage they tookhis rent into account...

...knocking it off his available cah. Result was an offer that wouldn't buy a rabbit hutch!

As he said at an interview when he applied again, "The rent will be what I'll be paying the mortgage with"

He got a much better offer that time and now has a house of his own, which with running costs is still cheaper than his rent was...

Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
K10D
Posted 18/01/2020 - 15:07 Link
Hardgravity wrote:
Don't you just love banks?

Not in the slightest.

Parasitic institutions.
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
Gwyn
Posted 18/01/2020 - 15:45 Link
Still safer than cash under the mattress. And makes bill paying a lot easier.

Just debating whether the clouds to the west will make a sunset or not.
Gwyn
Posted 18/01/2020 - 16:57 Link
No sunset tonight.
The other day was one of those never get light days then suddenly the sun broke through and we had a fabulous sunset. No time to get anywhere to photograph it of course, but I enjoyed it from the living room window.
RobL
Posted 18/01/2020 - 17:25 Link
Hardgravity wrote:
Don't you just love banks?:

A few years ago the firm I worked for went bust with nothing left to pay my salary nor redundancy payment; there were no other jobs going so I set up on my own and asked the bank if they would tide me over if I got short. An acting manager said head office turned me down despite having been a good customer for a number of years, but he said he would ignore head office and extended me credit. As it turned out I didn’t need it but I never forgot his kindness, sadly the next time I saw him he was back behind the counter and a keen young thing had taken over.

The postscript is I would probably have switched banks without this gesture so they would not have benefitted from my company account growing year by year, needless to say they keep offering me loans and credit now when I don’t need it.

Apart from this rare example they live up to the adage that banks will lend you a brolly when the sun shines but take it back when it rains.
Edited by RobL: 18/01/2020 - 17:32
Lubbyman
Posted 18/01/2020 - 19:05 Link
Mixed experiences with banks when I've been sorting out the estates of deceased relatives. Everything from helpful and sympathetic to difficult and uninterested - and the one that managed to tear a death certificate in half went straight into my Very Black Book . Building Societies seem to be better at this than banks. But like RobL, I found a lot depended on the person I talked to.

Steve
Hardgravity
Posted 18/01/2020 - 21:31 Link
It's getting late and beer and wine have killed the taste buds...

...so cheap Aldi G'n'T it is then

Cheers!
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
LongTimeLurker
Posted 18/01/2020 - 21:52 Link
Having had tea and now sat in front of the log burner, I'm too woozy to think about a glass of something. It's a wonder I'm able to operate this keyboard.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Hardgravity
Posted 20/01/2020 - 19:03 Link
I don't comment on the news but...

...poor Harry and Megane!

Just leave them alone and let them get on with their lives, it's enough to drive a man to drink...

fsst, glug glug glug, slurp!

Cheers.
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
Edited by Hardgravity: 20/01/2020 - 19:03
Gwyn
Posted 20/01/2020 - 21:40 Link
Poor dears with a fortune of their own of only 33 million quid but they still need help from the bank of Dad.

I'm off the drink, and trying to lose some kilos. Not a New Year thing - I only started last week. So far the scales readings are making up for lack of booze.
RobL
Posted 21/01/2020 - 08:07 Link
Hardgravity wrote:

Just leave them alone and let them get on with their lives, it's enough to drive a man to drink...

Cheers.

who knew Harry had married an old Renault!
Lubbyman
Posted 21/01/2020 - 15:52 Link
RobL wrote:
Hardgravity wrote:

Cheers.

who knew Harry had married an old Renault!

The first thing Google throws up in a search for Renault Megane is headed 'Megane - Perfect for everyday life'. Perhaps Harry saw it...

On another subject, is a small glass of my wife's sloe gin drunk late at night likely to have been the cause of not being able to sleep well for the first few hours of the night? Is a confirmatory test needed tonight? Is anyone around here an expert on such matters?

Steve
Edited by Lubbyman: 21/01/2020 - 15:53
bforbes
Posted 21/01/2020 - 16:02 Link
Lubbyman wrote:
On another subject, is a small glass of my wife's sloe gin drunk late at night likely to have been the cause of not being able to sleep well for the first few hours of the night? Is a confirmatory test needed tonight? Is anyone around here an expert on such matters?

Steve

Whisky make you frisky. Gin make you sin.
Lubbyman
Posted 21/01/2020 - 18:58 Link
bforbes wrote:
Whisky make you frisky. Gin make you sin.

And brandy.... ??
bforbes
Posted 21/01/2020 - 19:11 Link
Could not possibly say.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.