Another pointless thread

Sry

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 19:51
K10D wrote:
Sry wrote:
Quote:
May have to splash out on a quality red as I'm away from home

I think you put that smiley on backwards, if the red you are referring to is wine.

Indeed a red wine. Else my darling Mrs K10D will see red.

Aha, so it's a peace-offering red (which it can often be, anyways).

Sry

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 19:53
Gwyn wrote:
Just enjoyed a reasonable red with some duck. At home .

Sounds very much familiar - I live in the Périgord (Dordogne) - duck and red!

Gwyn

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 21:56
Sry wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Just enjoyed a reasonable red with some duck. At home .

Sounds very much familiar - I live in the Périgord (Dordogne) - duck and red!

Love the Périgord and it's food. Passed through again last September. Had a great few weeks there a few years ago, and it calls us back.

womble

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 22:34
I'm a bit speechless... I've just won a copy of the new dSLR (when it comes out) in the US Fora's Grand Raffle. I can safely say that this is the first time I have won something in a raffle that is really worth having.

Yay! K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

reso

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 23:05
very well done you must be well chuffed
k5iis sigma 12-24 ex dg tamron 17-50 2.8 sigma 18-125 dc hsm sigma 50-200 dc os hsm pentax fa*300 tamron sp 500 kenko pz af dg 1.5 & tamron pz af 2.0 converter,s and a flash

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 23:06
womble wrote:
I've just won a copy of the new dSLR (when it comes out) in the US Fora's Grand Raffle.

That's not pointless!!!!!

Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 13/01/2020 - 08:48
Congratulations Kris! Deeply envious of you, you jammy thing

Benz3ne

Link Posted 13/01/2020 - 09:11
Exceptional win, Kris! I’m sure you’ll absolutely squeeze the most out of it!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 13/01/2020 - 09:28
Well done Kris - can we expect a Selfie of your huge grin
LennyBloke

womble

Link Posted 13/01/2020 - 12:38
Definitely not pointless but this seemed the best thread to mention it in. Yes, very chuffed. Selfie might have to wait a few months until it is released!

I was just feeling pleased that my "rooty fisheye" image was doing well in the photo competition. Nice to see a monochrome film image standing-up well.

Thanks all. Now back to work...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Lubbyman

Link Posted 13/01/2020 - 13:26
womble wrote:
Now back to work...

Have you bought a National Lottery ticket? You might not need to work...

Steve

womble

Link Posted 13/01/2020 - 13:36
Lubbyman wrote:
womble wrote:
Now back to work...

Have you bought a National Lottery ticket? You might not need to work...

Steve

Funnily enough, my wife said the exact same thing...
Kris Lockyear

My website

Gwyn

Link Posted 13/01/2020 - 15:02
Nevermind not needing to work - if Kris wins the lottery (maybe try the Euromillions which seems to go to the UK an awful lot) he can buy each of us a new model Pentax

womble

Link Posted 13/01/2020 - 17:04
Euromillions would be nice. I could finally get that A*1200 I really don't need...
Kris Lockyear

My website

Gwyn

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 21:29
0%. That is what my bank informs me I will earn on my savings.

Still could be worse. If I had the odd €25million in my account I would be paying them for the privilege.
Last Edited by Gwyn on 14/01/2020 - 21:30
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.