Another pointless thread

Gwyn

Link Posted 04/01/2020 - 11:07
There are all sorts of goodies shown in the black title line above the Forum. How could you miss it??
Maybe you'll enter the competitions now you've found the gallery No I won't be.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 04/01/2020 - 11:43
Gwyn wrote:
I won't ask when.

No secret, it was 1963-70, brother and sister a few years later. It's so long ago that those years now feature in the GCSE exam history syllabus!

Some of the teachers who taught me had taught my mother when she was young. They seemed so old to me at the time. Surely we who were kids at the time don't seem old to the kids of today???

Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 04/01/2020 - 11:56
So you were in the days of Flo and Ted?
Me too, though you were a few years ahead of me.
Were you there when they painted "Flo was a stoker on a cross channel ferry"on a wall?

I met Flo and Ted a few after I left when visiting Paycocke's House in Coggeshall Essex. I was amazed that they remembered me!
I also saw Betty Tunstall once long after I'd left. On a cross channel ferry funnily enough.

I have to admit though they weren't the happiest of years I spent there.

K10D

Link Posted 04/01/2020 - 20:35
Every time I land with KLM, they play a soothing song as passengers disembark the aircraft.

Never took the time to ask the cabin crew what it was. After a little digging, I found that it's Alina Baraz & Galimatias - Fantasy.

My favourite teacher at junior school: Miss Hepsibah Esmarelda Hutchinson. She was quite old way back then and I've no idea when she passed.
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link
Last Edited by K10D on 04/01/2020 - 20:48

Lubbyman

Link Posted 04/01/2020 - 22:03
K10D wrote:
My favourite teacher at junior school: Miss Hepsibah Esmarelda Hutchinson.

Great name!!

Gwyn wrote:
So you were in the days of Flo and Ted?

Flo and Ted Phillips. I was taught O-level history by Flo. Looked ancient, pig-tails in rings around ears and a dragon of a head mistress. Ted looked like Mr. Pastry and taught me A-level maths. Betty Tunstall somehow got me through French O-level with a better grade in spoken French than I got in spoken English (which is convincing evidence of why you shouldn't believe exam results!).

Gwyn wrote:
Were you there when they painted "Flo was a stoker on a cross channel ferry"on a wall?

No, but I wish I had been. She must have hated it! My brother can't remember it and he swears he didn't do it...

You were presumably too late to see the white footprints that appeared one night - in one end of the front drive, up a wall, across several roofs, down another wall and out the other end of the drive. It didn't wash off so a painter was brought in to overpaint each footprint with black paint. Which just resulted in black splodges up the drive, up the wall ... etc. Lasted for ages .

And then there was the day the sports pavillion at the far side of the playing field caught fire due to kids smoking behind it. A big audience cheered as a fire engine drove deep gouges across the newly marked out running track, only to find the fire had been put out by a neighbour leaning over his fence with a garden hose.

They were the happy days!!

Steve

JAK

Link Posted 04/01/2020 - 22:39
Quote:
I was taught O-level history by Flo.

That should be Miss Hutchinson to you. You're to report to her study at break time!
John K

RobL

Link Posted 05/01/2020 - 13:51
Well that's all the decorations back in the loft, and the musical Santa is back in his box. It says he dances as well but all that entails is a slow shifting from one foot to the other accompanied by strange mechanical noises - much like me really. Every year whilst I am up there we have the same conversation: “ isn’t it time we took this baby cot and high chair to the charity shop?” “oh let me think about it, maybe a bit later.” “But the grandchildren are both at universities now!” “ Leave them!”

bforbes

Link Posted 05/01/2020 - 14:26
The Easter Eggs are out
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Lubbyman

Link Posted 05/01/2020 - 16:11
RobL wrote:
Every year whilst I am up there we have the same conversation: “ isn’t it time we took this baby cot and high chair to the charity shop?” ... “ Leave them!”

Glad it's not just me! Mould eventually won the battle about the high chair . But there are now two cots - daughter decided that ours (the one she had used as a baby) wasn't good enough for her children so got another one for when they visited, then told us to keep it once the grandchildren had grown out of it.

Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 05/01/2020 - 16:25
Moving house concentrates the mind on such things. I can't see my other two sons going into child production so I convinced His Nibs that the cot etc did not need to move with us. He is sure there are more grandkids to come. Maybe, if they have four legs and a tail...

Hardgravity

Link Posted 08/01/2020 - 09:27
He is sure there are more grandkids to come. Maybe, if they have four legs and a tail...

The best sort Gwyn.

Too many people I worked with retired for a better time and ended up baby-sitting!

Neither of my kids are planning a family...

...yet.

When they do though, I'll almost certainly be touring somewhere
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Last Edited by Hardgravity on 08/01/2020 - 09:27

K10D

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 15:46
Pointless letting birthdays and another year on your life bother you. So I won't let it, tomorrow.

May have to splash out on a quality red as I'm away from home

Sry

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 16:45
K10D wrote:

I think you put that smiley on backwards, if the red you are referring to is wine.

K10D

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 17:23
Sry wrote:
K10D wrote:

I think you put that smiley on backwards, if the red you are referring to is wine.

Indeed a red wine. Else my darling Mrs K10D will see red.

Gwyn

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 19:15
Happy birthday for tomorrow. Hope Mrs K10D is keeping well.

Just enjoyed a reasonable red with some duck. At home .
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.