Another pointless thread

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/12/2018 - 15:44
In case anyone is wondering why I dislike New Year so much here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGJseovT8ug&feature=youtu.be

bforbes

Link Posted 31/12/2018 - 16:14
Gwyn wrote:
In case anyone is wondering why I dislike New Year so much here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGJseovT8ug&feature=youtu.be

After working with them, I knew the Dutch could party well. But I always thought of them as being quite sensible, apparently not!!!!!!
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young
Pentax K1 K5-IIS K-01 K20D A50/2 A50/1.7 DA10-17 DA18-250 DA18-135 DA18-55 DA300 DA40 DA50-135 DA50-200 DA55-300 DA70 F35-70 DFA150-450 FA20-35 FA100 FA135 FA35 FA28 FA43 FA50 FA77 K55/1.8 M135/3.5 M200/4 M28/3.5 M28/2.8 M40/2.8 Q 01 02 MX-1 I-10 Sigma 15 24 105 180 8-16 10-20 17-35 17-50/2.8 24-70 400/5.6MF Tamron 70-200/2.8 17/3.5MF 24/2.5MF 28/2.5MF 90/2.5MF

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

RobL

Link Posted 31/12/2018 - 17:53
Gwyn wrote:

WHAT THE.......??? Italians or Russians maybe, but the Dutch?

K10D

Link Posted 31/12/2018 - 21:10
RobL wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

WHAT THE.......??? Italians or Russians maybe, but the Dutch?

Twas a Russian who, through Pierre has just said

We all think we only have to be knocked a little bit off course and weve lost everything, but its only the start of something new and good. Where there is life, there is happiness.

It seems War & Peace is to about to take place in the Netherlands in just under two hours.......
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/01/2019 - 11:44
At least two dead, several serious injuries, par for the course .

K10D

Link Posted 01/01/2019 - 12:49
Gwyn wrote:
At least two dead, several serious injuries, par for the course .

There's often bad ways to start a New Year, but to not start it at all through actions that could have been performed in a different or safer way leads others to ponder the whys and wherefores. There's never happiness in loss of life.

Hoping your New Year went well Gwyn. Ours was quiet and I didn't drink too much at all.

At Whitby yesterday for the last sunset of the year as seen from St Hilda's. Whitby was super busy as last year and we ended up parking on the extended car park areas behind the West Cliff. A great atmosphere around the streets with huge numbers of people out n about. I did wait until I was back home though before having a drink.
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/01/2019 - 13:41
We stayed home and went to bed early with a bottle of cava.

It was heavy cloud here at sunset so no photo for me sadly.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 02/01/2019 - 17:16
A bit late but Happy new year, we spent it with good friends in Bridlington and only got home today, I had to wait for the driver to sober up enough...

April is looking closer all the time.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

macabee

Link Posted 02/01/2019 - 19:45
I just took my rubbish bin out for collection should I take a shot of it B&W film with my trusty LX and consider it 'avant garde', or on my KP as a reminder of what day of the week bin collection is MMMmmmm......

Hardgravity

Link Posted 02/01/2019 - 22:05
I'd do both.....
Cheers, HG

RobL

Link Posted 05/01/2019 - 19:50
Another rant.....we went to look at new cars yesterday and were dismayed at the latest offerings. Until now you could get into any car and pretty much drive it right away with only minor variations in the controls, but not any more. The numpties designing them assume you only ever drive just the one car all the time, so with iPad-like dashboards and controls every one is totally and radically different to operate. On Mercedes for instance every single thing, including to start the bloody car, is controlled by little buttons and microscopic touch pads on the steering wheel. Inadvertently touch the wrong thing and your speedo will vanish and another dial replaces it, just the thing to sort out at 70 on the M6. And all your lights and indicators are on one stalk whilst the other works the auto gearbox. On Audi and Volvo everything apparently is touch screen in a completely different configuration.

So, if for any reason someone else needs to drive your car, like when you are sharing on a long journey, they will need an induction course first. And if something goes wrong or you need to check something you wont have a handbook, it will be...well you guessed it, and too bad if there is no wifi.

Imagine if every computer manufacturer decided to only use their own software instead of the two standard ones, and you get the idea.
Last Edited by RobL on 05/01/2019 - 20:00

Algernon

Link Posted 06/01/2019 - 10:25
It's the same with most digital products Timers and even alarm clocks, unless you have the instruction manual ..... you are buggered!

At least they don't keep changing the key or whatever you need to drive away.... unlike some internet sites where they don't seem to understand that your password is your access key and should always work I'm on my 5th password with SKY and I've actually dropped back to one that shouldn't work, but did last time I logged on. When I have to ring up to say I can't logon they only have a maximum of 3 passwords on their list. Last time I was told I wasn't me!

--

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Hardgravity

Link Posted 08/01/2019 - 22:23
...and people ask me why I'm choosing the MW bike i postedan image of earlier.

It's as near an 'old fashioned' one as I can get.

Nearly all modern bikes are idiot proof with more electronic thingys than I have in my hoiuse!!

And that's a lot!

I need to just ride and enjoy it, not worry about which program the transmission is in or whether i need to change a setting somewhere...

Oh for the simple old days and these bikes..

(That's mine and nearly tax free.. )
Cheers, HG

RobL

Link Posted 09/01/2019 - 07:20
Ah but will you be able to find where you left it with an app? Assuming of course you remember where you left your phone. I have only ever lost my car once, in my dissolute youth and having to explain to my Dad and police why I spent the night in a strange part of Leicester, only to find it the following day in the next street!
Last Edited by RobL on 09/01/2019 - 07:20

Gwyn

Link Posted 12/01/2019 - 15:03
Oldest son just bought himself another bike. He has been without one for a year - the old one is sitting in my back garden, needing more work that it is worth.
So he has saved up his tips for the year and got another one. A Honda Pan European ST something or other, so he is happy but I am back to fretting about him everytime I know he is on the thing, and whenver I read about a motorbike crash... Daft I know.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.